Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD

NeuropsychologyMaleAge 60

Dr. Struckus
50 Fox Fire Hill Rd Warren, CT 06754

Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Warren, CT and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts /Amherst medical school in 1989. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Struckus to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Struckus treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Struckus' conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Autism
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Brain Injury
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Impaired Cognition
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Struckus accepts

Dr. Struckus' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Struckus

Dr. Struckus?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (41)
  • Explained conditions well (41)
  • Listened & answered questions (41)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
Dr. Struckus came into our life as a practicing psychologist, who held hours at the Kent School. Having on-campus mental health support is critical for teenagers who attend boarding school. They often need access to immediate support. And fortunately he was there to provide it on numerous occasions. He is very technologically capable and when we needed to connect with him from our international location, he blocked his calendar for zoom calls with us. This all helped us to understand the real time situation with our child and to gain comfort that the support needed was the support being provided. He made himself available for calls twice in three days at an important juncture, and has a calm and clear communication style that builds confidence. He provides a clear framework of his view of the situation, his strategy for therapy to transcend and encourages questions. His approach gave us great comfort. We could understand his plan, because he explained it simply and clearly.
Loving Parent – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
As parents, we strongly recommend Dr. Struckus as a psychologist as he has been profoundly helpful to our two children. Both children, and they reasons they needed a psychologist, are different and both were handled very well. Dr. Struckus has aided them in developing skills to manage their difficult times, allowed them to gain tremendous insight and has been an instrument for huge growth. We find Dr. Struckus to available, flexible and reliable to both our children and to us as parents. We are very grateful to have Dr. Struckus in our childrens' lives.
Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
I was first put in contact with Jed through my boarding school 7 years ago, and over the course of that time he has dramatically improved not only my mental health, but the dynamic of my entire family. When he and I met, my family was in the middle of a very unusual divorce, and Jed ended up being on call to *all* of us to solve issues that were not required of him. Never once throughout years of our unwarranted calls, emails and texts, did he turn down an opportunity to lend a hand. That being said, Jed is far more than just your average therapist, he goes above and beyond what is asked of him because he truly cares about his patients. He is kind, empowering, unbelievably intelligent and reliable. Never in my life have I met someone who has made me feel as confident and comfortable in my own skin. I can also without a doubt say that all of this is a universal opinion of him. I have recommended him to all of my closest friends, many of which still see (and adore) him to this day.
Alexandra – Apr 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
The best thing that Kent gave me was Dr. Struckus. I was referred to him by a friend, I saw him for a little but this year I started seeing him regularly. I have dealt with a number of mental health issues, depression, anxiety, and an eating disorder, so I have seen a number of different therapists in my lifetime. No doctor has made me feel as safe, comfortable, listened to, un-judged, and understood as he has. He is one of the most well-educated, smart, and humble people know. He whole-heartedly loves his practice and genuinely cares for and wants to help his patients. With the therapy we have been doing, I can confidently say I have never felt so in tune, aware, and understanding of my mind and body. Every time we meet I feel like I have a life-changing session and the skills I have learned to cope with what I am going through will benefit me for the rest of my life. If it wasn't for him, I don't know if I would still be here today. Thank you Struckus, for everything you do for me.
Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
I've been seeing Jed for about six years now and I can honestly say I have no clue where or who I'd be without him. I've dealt with a lot of shame, anxiety, and depression over these past years. But I've never felt judged, overlooked, or belittled by Jed. He's helped me through my experiences with sexual trauma and has been the most incredible constant throughout my ups and downs. He's inspired me and challenged me to dig deeper, reframe my thinking, and trust myself. He pushes me just enough; he knows where to draw the line but he knows what I'm capable of and has helped me see that for myself. I cannot think of a more genuine, caring, trustworthy, and all-around better person. I'm so thankful for Jed and I could not recommend him enough.
C – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is a gem, period. I was a client of his during my stay at a boarding school in CT, and I can honestly say he changed my life. Meeting Dr. Struckus allowed me to better understand not only my mental health, but who I was as a person in general. Dr. Struckus is extremely communicative, reliable, and purely passionate about what he does. Quite frankly, I don't think I will ever find a psychologist who is as patient and understanding as Dr. Struckus, and I am still a patient of his beyond boarding school and in college. Dr. Struckus is also great for EMDR therapy, we tried our first session together and it was extremely beneficial! Please consider Dr. Struckus for your next therapy appointment, I promise you will not regret it!
Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus has had such a profound impact on my life I cant even put it into words. While I was at Kent he was the only one who could make me feel like I wasn't just going through life without any purpose or intention. I went through multiple other people at Kent&others until I met him & no one got even close to understanding&making a clear difference in my life and mind like he could. He helped me find the root of every thing I was struggling with & worked from there in a way that never felt like a push or forced like many others. I know for a fact that he does what he does not for the money or any other reason other than that he truly cares & wants to make a positive impact on others. I genuinely owe so much of who I am & how I act/think to him. I strongly believe that no one else could've made me feel so heard&accepted when I needed it most&he is still there for me in the same way when I need it as I continue to grow into who I will become. I could never thank Dr. Struckus enough.
Isabel – Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is a talented psycoligist who is calm, easy to talk to, and trustworthy. I have seen him for many years and from the very first visit, I could tell that he cares about the individual and is very passionate about what he does. Since I started seeing him I have had a real positive change in who I am. He has been able to explain to me in-depth about the things I went through and how to cope with them. I would recommend him to anyone!
Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is an exceptional psychologist. He has many wonderful qualities: patience, warmth, strong intellect, empathy, honesty, humility, and a sense of humor. He is also very skilled at making patients feel comfortable, supported and understood. To my mind, what sets him apart is how he masterfully employs his many strengths. He is very good at identifying a path forward and then guiding his patients towards coping, healing and evolving into better-balanced versions of themselves. We always appreciated that his sessions are productive and he finds solutions that everyone can accept or at least understand. As if you might need any other reasons to choose this amazing professional, he is also responsive and truly cares about his patients.
Kent, CT – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
I am one of the lucky people that Dr. Struckus has helped for many years. I am really glad to have him as my first psychologist, who has given me a really positive experience. He has helped me navigate my teenage self over the years up until now, when I'm an adult. Dr. Struckus has brought a lot of knowledge and experience to share with me that has helped me understand the circumstances I was faced in with more, whether it be about mental health, relationships, or how others think in general. Whenever he's uncertain of something, he never hesitates to admit it, but he would always get back to me in a timely manner after doing a thorough research to answer my questions. Dr. Struckus is also a very caring and patient person. He's always reached out to make sure I was doing okay at the appropriate time and gets back in a timely manner. He has sacrificed a lot of his personal time to help me and my family navigate our issues, making our family dynamics better. Thank you, Dr. Struckus!
Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is the most amazing psychologist I have worked with. He is trustworthy, warm, and very caring. I have worked with him for about three years. He helped me through one of the hardest points in my life. His vast knowledge of psychology allowed him to give me advice, and the explanation of his techniques which helped me heal. He is always responsive and available whenever I need him. I have recommended him to many people, and will continue to do so.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is a rare talent, and I trust him unequivocally. He is well aware of the modern teenage world, so he is always able to address problems with a calm, rational, yet individualized approach, and earn their trust. His concern is evident in every communication. He is always reachable and responsive. His dedication to the wellness of patients is amazing. He was able to earn the trust of a closed off girl and help her address many serious issues and trauma. He salvaged her life from ruins
NC – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is an excellent psychologist. He is very accessible and easy to talk to, while also being knowledgeable and professional. Dr. Struckus was the catalyst to positive change in my life while I was going through a difficult time. I have already recommended him to several different people and will continue to.
Avon, CT – May 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
Dr. Struckus is extremely trustworthy and has helped me through many difficult periods in my life. He is always available and there to listen. He has given me great advice. He has always supportive and reliable! I would, and have recommended him to people I know!
Christina Lyons in Kent, CT – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?
He has provided unique insight and guidance and consistent support in parenting a young adult child with challenges and moving him toward independence.
Apr 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Struckus, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Struckus?

Dr. Struckus has been a psychologist for over thirty years, with specialties in health psychology and neuropsychology.  He sees clients from early...Read more

• Neuropsychology

University Of Massachusetts /Amherst
1988
National Institute of Mental Health, Psychiatric Research, MD, USA
1983
Amherst College (Amherst, MA)