Joseph DeStefano II, LAC

Joseph DeStefano II, LAC

Acupuncture  ·
Joseph DeStefano II, LAC is an acupuncturist in Los Angeles, CA and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Emperor's College Of Traditional Oriental Medicine in 2014 and specializes in acupuncture, massage therapy, and more.Read his story

8701 Truxton Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90045

• American Specialty Health
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Joseph DeStefano II

Joseph DeStefano II's bio

This content was provided by Joseph DeStefano II "An integrative health practitioner since 2000, my passion for the East Asian healing arts grew from a lifetime of training in the martial arts of Japan and China. I rediscovered my love of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) while attending weekend workshops at the Acupressure Institute in Berkeley, CA in the mid-'90s. After a successful career in environmental management, I decided to return to school to study TCM in 2005. By that time, I had accrued almost two decades of training and experience in Asian bodywork, and the use of external herbal therapies, with a distinctive style incorporating techniques from both Eastern and Western massage therapy traditions. While earning a Bachelor of Health Science, with honors, from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego, specializing in Tui Na Therapy, I traveled to Shanghai, where I was fortunate enough to participate in an externship at the Tui Na Center of Yue-Yang Integrative Medicine Hospital, while completing additional studies in Tui Na and orthopedics at Shanghai University of TCM. On returning to the States, I was accepted into the four year Master's program at Emperor's College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, the number 1 ranked acupuncture school in California, and one of the top 2 in the country. There I earned a Master of Traditional Oriental Medicine degree, with highest honors, in 2014. I am currently a Doctoral Fellow at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego, completing my academic doctorate with a focus in integrative medicine. While at Emperor's, I gained extensive experience in the treatment of behavioral health issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and addictions, all while building on my earlier orthopedic and pain management training. My strong interest in integrative healthcare, especially pain management, led to my integrative medicine residencies at the Disney Family Cancer Center, Simms/Mann Health and Wellness Center at the Venice Family Clinic; and the HIV Community Clinic at BeingAlive LA. In addition to my training in East Asian medicine, I am a proud alumnus of Loyola Marymount University, where I earned a B.A. in Political Science and Theology, and a M.Sc. in Environmental Science. I have been lovingly accused of being able to bend time, and in my spare time, I actively volunteer in my parish, am an avid family historian/genealogist, an artisanal bread baker, as well as a professional opera singer and voice-over artist. But of all the titles I hold, none makes me prouder than that of "Daddy" to my little girl, Gigi."

This content was provided by Joseph DeStefano II "The beauty of our medicine is care for the entire person - body, mind, and spirit.  I strive to provide the highest-quality compassionate care every day, with an approach to wellness that takes into account the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each person I serve.  Rooted in Christian service, and following an adaptation of the Rule of St. Benedict, Chapter 36, I strive to serve the divine in each of my patients, in a way that leads to holiness, wholeness and health. Research today supports Benedict's teaching, that being with others, living a life of adaptable rhythm and moderation in all things — these are the pillars of wellness."

• Acupuncture
  • Acupressure
  • Chinese Herbal Medicine
  • Integrative Medicine
  • Massage Therapy
  • Traditional Chinese Medicine

Joseph DeStefano II does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acupuncture
  • Moxibustion
  • Soft Tissue Massage
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Tui Na Massage

No malpractice history found for California.

• Loyola Marymount University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008
  • Emperor's College Of Traditional Oriental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2014
    Medical School | Graduated 2018
  • Disney Family Cancer Center At Providence St. Joseph Med Ctr.
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Integrative Pain Program At Venice Family Clinic
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Yue Yang Integrative Medicine Hospital (Shanghai, Prc)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Loyola Marymount University
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Joseph DeStefano II has no awards or honors listed.

Joseph DeStefano II has no media or publications listed.

Joseph DeStefano II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Joseph DeStefano II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Joseph DeStefano II's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Joseph DeStefano II to family and friends
Are you Joseph DeStefano II?