Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT

Physical TherapyMale

Dr. Camisa

Camisa Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab

1 Evergreen Pl Ste D Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT is a Physical Therapist in Morristown, NJ. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Camisa to book an appointment.

Dr. Camisa's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Camisa

Dr. Camisa?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (33)
  • Explained conditions well (33)
  • Listened & answered questions (33)
    In the past 50 years when back or hip pain arose, I have undertaken numerous therapies. A few months ago, my back pain from walking and sitting became pronounced and none of the disciplines that had been helpful in the past provided any relief. I sought out Dr. Camisa because he promoted a unique approach I had not encountered, namely the McGill Method. Dr. Camisa following the McGill Method performed a detailed analysis that sought to understand the root cause behind where my condition originated and what touched off recurrent issues. He followed this by formulating a personalized treatment plan centered around mitigating harmful practices in day to day living that could be carried-out in a patient-driven manner. After a couple of months my situation stopped worsening, and has begun to improve! I have every expectation that this trajectory will continue to yield improvements, as it is addressing underlying conditions that developed over many decades.
    AW – Mar 17, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Life changing Dr! Dr Joe is without a doubt the best practitioner of any kind I have ever been to. A surgery and its aftermath devastated my life. Most Drs just shrugged their shoulders and didn't know what was going on. But Dr Joe got to the root of the problem right away and told me the right tests to get. The test proved his diagnosis to be accurate. This alone has the potential to change my whole life. In addition, as Dr Joe has worked with me he has identified so many other problems no other Dr ever found. The result has been a remarkable decrease in my overall pain levels since I started seeing him (in just a few sessions!), and noticeably improved range of motion. His knowledge of anatomy and how it functions is profound, which is rare to find. He is scientific and also intuitive in figuring out the root cause of a problem. I am a musician by profession and was unable to play my instrument and in a very bad state when I found him; now, I am playing my instrument again
    Mar 15, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr Joe is an excellent physical therapist. He assessed my problem and prescribed a series of exercises making certain that I was executing them properly. He explained how each maneuver strengthens the part of the body when using the right form. He knew just what areas to target when he did manipulation. When I came to Dr. Joe, I could hardly walk from one end of house to the other. I'm now pain free and can walk for as long as I want.
    Hal S – Feb 05, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    I started using Dr.Joe in March, 2020 and I couldn’t be happier. Facing possible rotator cuff surgery, Camisa PT was recommended. Dr. Joe’s manipulation has allowed me to regain significant utilization of my shoulder with minimum pain. I started just before the pandemic hit and my concern was I would loose any benefit I had gained due to the layoff. Dr. Joe suggested we do telemedicine and I taped he session and replayed it as needed. It was excellent and this allowed me to work on my own in an attempt to stem the possible erosion when we were able to meet in person again. I feel I learn every time I get treatment. No question is too basic for Dr. Joe or his PT’s to explain in detail. His office staff is excellent and very agreeable to getting your appointments when they work for you, within their constraints. Thank you Dr. Joe!
    Mike UA – Jul 17, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Camisa is amazing on many levels. My son has spent several years trying to recover from surgery. After 3 years of many visits we were finally introduced to Dr. Camisa. Dr. Camisa treats you as a person from head to toe, is so dedicated to doing the right job from the start that you can't help but love his passion. My son LOVES seeing Dr. Camisa and has learned so much about the mechanics of your body and mind. Thank you so much Dr. Camisa!!! Also, one thing I would like to mention that I wish someone had told me many years ago, go to the highest recommended person as soon as you find out who they are, do not waste precious time or money on people who are closer or cheaper, it will only lead to more time trying to fix the problem and more money and might be too late. Make the right choice NOW and visit Dr. Camisa!!! Oh, his wife and staff are genuinely kind and respectful.
    Marilyn Falotico – May 13, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    I know Doctor Camisa for more than tree years . I found him to be compassionate , friendly and an honest professional . He rehabilitated my right shoulder after a complicated Rotator Cuff Tear . I was very impressed with his extensive knowledge and his ability to explain the physical findings. At that time, with exercises and manual therapy he restored the function and strength of my extremity . I was able to gardening and be independent with my daily activities . However after all this time, and a new traumatic injury, I have returned to his care for second time. Doctor Camisa is a well rounded professional and he has been the FIRST in the USA to obtain the Doctor Mc Gill Method Certification ( not a easy thing to do) I had and I will recommend Joe to my family and friends without any reservation. I'm lucky to have him as my therapist.
    Gladys E Vasques – May 11, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Joe took the time to treat my shoulder and back several years ago. He is well versed in different modalities in which they all work together. He is the first in the states to be certified under Dr. Stuart McGill. I feel his practice is of integrity and fairness.
    Patrick L. – May 07, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Joe Camisa is the only physical therapist I would recommend! A lot of therapist out there advertise themselves as “shoulder or back or hip specialists etc”, narrowing down how they see the problem. Dr. Joe is the most well-rounded therapist I know who understands how entire human body is interconnected and he can truly see actual cause of the problem. I had severe, chronic back pain for over 3 years due to injury playing basketball which resulted in low back discs being damaged. Dr. Joe also had back injury in the past and he could relate and truly understand how I feel and what I was going through. Very driven and compassionate therapist and you can feel his energy while in the clinic. He is very detailed which you will see on the first visit. My back is feeling great. I implemented the McGill Method in my workout routine. Dr. Joe THE FIRST practitioner in the US with McGill Method Certification, which is a very hard thing to accomplish, and that shows his passion and dedication!
    KRIS – May 06, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Joseph Camisa is incredible at what he does. He was successful in diagnosing the movement patterns that caused my neck pain and coached me into avoiding them. After the second session I was already able to turn my head further and have decreased neck tension! After a month of consistent visits I was seeing huge improvements. Not only is Dr. Camisa extremely successful at treating patients, his bedside manner is extremely professional and enjoyable to be around. After being exposed to multiple Physical Therapists in my lifetime I have decided that I would travel long distances to receive therapy from Dr. Camisa. 100% recommend.
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    After a multiple fracture injury, I received PT at a well-known, multi-location institution. Several months later, the therapy became rote and my improvement ceased to progress. Feeling like I was just a patient number, I sought out a more personal Physical Therapy experience. One that would work to fully restore my injury and enable me to enjoy the active lifestyle I enjoyed pre-injury. The professional staff, detailed injury analysis, modern techniques and personal care I received, exceeded my expectations. Thank you Camisa Staff for working to fully restore my physical health!
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Camisa helped me to be back to fully functioning after I had broken my wrist. He’s a very diligent physical therapist with a kind heart and, as is so necessary in his position, he has a great deal of patience through how much time he gives to each client.
    Rev. Anthony G. Sargent – Apr 22, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Great place! Caring people will help you get your life back
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    I have been going to Dr. Joe for several years and he has helped me tremendously. I found out recently that he is no longer with Therapeutics Unlimited or the current physical therapy company at the Morristown location. He is now treating at another location. For those looking for a great PT, you can now reach him at info@camisapt.com or 973-998-7737.
    Joanne C Griffith – Mar 17, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Joe is amazing. He really cares about his patients and spends time with you on your issue. He holds you accountable to do the work you say you will do outside of treatment because he is holding himself accountable to heal you. (Or just be honest with him if you are only there for manual therapy.) I have had chronic pain in multiple areas for over 25 years. I’ve been to so many therapists, doctors, surgeons and he is the first to get me to pain-free. He is not only science and latest techniques. He is a healer who sees the whole issue and is able to help complicated patients like myself. He is gifted beyond training. He is a healer.
    Dena M. – Nov 09, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    I highly recommend Dr. Joseph Camisa! My daughter is a pre-professional dancer, getting her BFA in dance and has has 2 bulging discs with chronic back pain. We went all over, different states, chiropractors, orthopedics, physical medicine doctors. They just focused on her discs, told her to rest and had very little experience with dancers and their movements. Dr. Joe took the time to examine her completely and found an unstable sacrum which no one else told us! She now has a plan on how to help strengthen and support her sacrum, better mechanics for her back and real hope that she can dance at full potential soon. His bedside manner is wonderful. He is a genuine caring, smart, compassionate practitioner.
    Louise – Aug 12, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Joe leaves no stone unturned! He is a detective when it comes to finding the root cause of your pain or mobility difficulties. Joe is professional and thorough, encouraging you to listen and follow through on his recommendations!
    BF – Jul 20, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Joe Camisa has changed the quality of my life. I can do things I thought I’d never be able to do again. Simple things like taking a walk with my wife without ankle and low back pain. His therapeutic treatments are spot on and extremely effective. In addition, he teaches precise exercises customized to your specific weaknesses that have low lasting benefits when they are put into routine practice. I highly recommend him, his staff and Therapeutics Unlimited in Morristown.
    Jun 08, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    I would highly Recommend anyone in search of a Physical therapist that truly takes his time and getting to know each patient accordingly to look no further. Dr Camisa is a true asset to Therapeutics Unlimited, he is unbelievably knowledgeable in the biomechanics of our bodies and the corrections needed to sustain a healthy sense of being without pain, he truly has saved me..... after spending countless years of no one being able to help or understand my situation ....Dr. Camisa I commend you and appreciate all that you have done and continue to do, I'm starting to gain my life back and I Thank You and your wonderful Staff, truly a well organized establishment .... Lucy N.
    Lucia Niro in Mt. ARLINGTON , NJ – Jun 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Joe is the best PT that I've ever worked with! He focuses on releasing the fascia around my injury and increasing mobility, movement and strength - all without any pain. He invests plenty of 1x1 time with each patient. Joe has helped me and many others, where other PT were not able to. Thanks Joe!
    May 03, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?
    Dr. Joe is an amazing physical therapist. He is the only professional that has helped me to get back pain relief. I am so grateful.
    Mar 30, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Camisa, DPT?

How was your experience with Dr. Camisa?

I treat the whole patient, by gathering a detailed history of the problem, learning about their habitual activities, exercise regiment, postures and motions...Read more

I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies with a minor in Clinical Exercise Physiology, as well as my Doctorate in Physical Therapy from...Read more

• Physical Therapy