Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Jose Ravelo, DDS
Originally from Venezuela, Dr. Ravelo received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the Santa Maria University in Caracas Venezuela. In 2008, he completed his first Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) with special focus on cleft lip and palate management. In 2016, Dr. Ravelo completed his second specialty training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Miami & Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Ravelo had the privilege of studying under the world-renowned Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. Robert Marx, who has remarkably pioneered many of the cutting edge techniques used by Oral & Maxillofacial surgeons today. Dr. Ravelo was trained in the full spectrum of the Oral & Maxillofacial specialty and has extensive experience in facial trauma surgery, tumor and management of impacted wisdom teeth. He is a member of several national professional organizations and speaks Spanish fluently.

1 SW 129th Ave Ste 400

• National Autonomous University Of Mexico / Faculty Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Ravelo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ravelo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ravelo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ravelo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ravelo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ravelo to family and friends
Dr. Ravelo's Performance
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Ravelo is great! He is very knowledgeable and dedicated. Dr. Ravelo saved me from a very large abscess in my cheek that made me end up at the ER. He did an excellent job in draining the abscess and made the entire process very smooth and easy. He was very supportive and reassuring during my recovery and took time at each follow up appointment to make sure everything was ok. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Ravelo and his team for taking such good care of me.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Ravelo and his staff was amazing. Nice, clean and friendly environment. Staff was professional and made sure I was satisfied and most of all my mind at ease and comfortable before surgery. I removed five teeth at once and when I say he did an amazing job omg. Surgery was quick for my part, lol cause I was sedated. I'll recommend Dr. Ravelo and his staff to anyone. My mouth healed perfect in a one week and I had no extra issues. Thank you Dr. Ravelo and staff, you all are amazing. God Bless
in Cooper City, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Ravelo to family members and friends. My wisdom teeth removal was painless, thank goodness Dr. Ravelo was on the case. I usually don't write reviews, but others should know about his great service.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr.Ravelo is the best! Makes you feel comfortable and he is super nice. He explains the whole procedure, answers any questions and is very caring towards his patients highly recommend. Excellent Doctor.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Ravelo is an excellent oral surgeon. I had my two bottom wisdom teeth removed in what was a very dangerous procedure since the root were at the jaw line. The procedure was quick and he was very friendly and accessible post procedure. Great staff as well.
in Plantation, FL |
I am truly grateful for amazing job Dr Ravelo completed on me. I was very nervous and a bit skeptical the surgery planned for me would work. Dr Ravelo was extremely calm and patient with me. He explained what he was doing throughout the procedure and assured me everything was going as planned. I highly recommend Dr Ravelo to anyone in need of an oral surgeon so much so I have referred numerous family members. Thank you so much Dr Ravelo!
in Miami Beach, FL |
Fantastic doctor! Energetic, informative, and efficient. He should also be proud of everybody that works in his offices (I went to two different ones) because they are excellent too.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Great overall experience and VIP service from all personnel.
in Aventura, FL |
Im so happy and satisfied with Dr. Ravelo that I needed to share it so everybody feels as secure and confident as I am. I had a previous failure many years ago, so I was very anxious and nervous of going to surgery again. My family found Dr. Ravelo in Miami and treated all dental needs with him, so did I. He managed to explain everything so kindly since the first consult, checked on me after surgery and through the recovery process. No pain at all! Thank you for your patience and good vibes!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Ravelo saw me as a last minute emergency add on, him and staff squeezed me into their packed schedule to accommodate me and were so thorough and compassionate and caring! I wouldn't recommend this office to anyone! This only allows me to give 5 stars but I'd like to give 100 stars!! I know I was a difficult, anxious patient and they took their time and put me completely at ease. Thank you to everyone who took that extra step in helping me!
West Palm Beach, FL |
This Doctor is absolutely terrible, I accompanied a family member that did not speak English to see him, after he was done making me feel uncomfortable by staring at me in a most disgusting and inappropriate manner, he explained how he is entirely incompetent and needs me to see another doctor who specializes in the area of our concerns. Save yourself the discomfort and headache, just see a different doctor from the beginning.
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Here at Oral Facial Reconstruction and Implant Center we strive to provide our patients with the highest level of care and attention. We are sorry to see this negative review and would like to address your concerns in further detail if you could please call Stacy at 954-358-4260 Ext.1010. We look forward to hearing from you.
in Miami, FL |
Dr.Ravelo is wonderful makes your trip worth it...his office is pleasant the staff is very nice and sweet they greet you right away no long waiting time to be seen.Dr.Ravelo fixes the problem that you may have with your teeth...I highly recommend his office,the best that I have been to.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
EL DR. JOSE RAVELO ATENDIO A MI MADRE LETICIA MARIN...Y SALIMOS COMPLETAMENTE SATISFECHOS CON LA METICULOSA INFORMACION ACERCA DE SU CASO. ESTAMOS ALTAMENTE AGRADECIDOS DE ENCONTRAR MEDICOS COMO USTED. GRACIAS.
in Weston, FL |
I cannot possibly say all there is to say about Dr. Ravelo in 500 words or less...but in summary: after two long years of misdiagnoses by other doctors and undergoing treatments that actually made my condition even worse, Dr. Ravelo gave me my life back. I realize there are plenty of other oral surgeons to choose from and while our doctor-patient relationship started by fate in the OR and not by choice, trusting him with with your care will be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
in Miami Beach, FL |
Dr Ravelo did an excellent job on my wisdom teeth extraction. He is very professional and truly cares about his patients. I had a great experience with him and his friendly staff. I would highly recommend him! Thank you so much!
in Davie,Florida |
I couldn't be more please with how Dr. Ravelo made me feel from his humbleness,professionalism and quality of work. The moment he walk in he try and ease my fears and assured me all was gonna be ok. His assistant was sweet,friendly well knowledge. My procedure was done at the Pembroke Pines office. I had to remove a lesion under my tongue and have it biopsy. All went smooth. ??
in Miami, florida |
He was very professional and nice. Has an amazing and caring nurse and staff at both Pines and Aventura offices . Highly recommend.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I was referred by Dr. Kushner due to difficulty in getting a tooth extracted. My first time to an oral surgeon. I was very impressed with Dr. Ravelo - his professionalism and demeanor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. My follow-up visit was excellent as well. Not only was Dr. Ravelo very professional, the staff and assistants were extremely helpful and courteous as well. Nice job.
in Miami Beach, FL |
I had a very good experience with Dr Ravelo, his assistant Lorraine and his office staff. Very professional! and he makes you feel comfortable and calm, excellent job! Thank you very much Dr. Ravelo and everyone else. Blessings to all!!!
in Aventura |
I Will recommend Dr.Ravelo to anybody ,I am very satisfy with his work and he goes out of his way to help you,if we had more Doctors Like hime this would be a different system. thank You Doctor Ravelo for everything God Bless
in Miami, FL |
I had all four wisdom teeth removed with no conplications and a fast recovery.
in Miami, FL |
Best doctor I ever came across with was so concern for my well being and for my unborn child I had a tooth abscess my face was swollen full of puss in my cheeks it was so quick wish their were more doctor like him in this world ??
Stone Mountain, GA |
Had a very complicated surgery, however Dr. Ravelo put my mind at ease and did a great job. Also followed-up to make sure I was healing properly.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great experience! I had my wisdom teeth extracted and I didn't feel a thing and my recovery was supper quick. Dr. Ravelo is Awesome and so are his staff. Everyone made me feel great and the process was seamless. I Highly recommend!
Miami, FL |
excellent attention
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The process was so smooth and very professional. Dr.Ravelo truly cares about his patients well being and makes you feel comfortable. Definitely would recommend to anyone who needs mouth procedures done
Miami Florida |
D Ravelo is an excellent and very skilled surgeon.I took my 16 yr old daughter to get her wisdom teeth removed, and the surgery went very well. A week later, she went for a follow up and she was healing with no problems and no pain. I would recommend Dr Ravelo to anyone who needs a trusted surgeon. His practice accepts Medicaid and the staff does all the paperwork. Approval is fast and easy. I was accepted when nobody else was going to help my daughter. I will be forever grateful.
in Hollywood, FL |
I had appointments in both his Aventura and Pembroke Pines locations and have absolutely no complaints - minimal waiting, friendly staff, nice clean environment, great with my insurance, etc. I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. He was super friendly, made me feel comfortable, and the procedure went great. The recovery process was smooth and he even went as far as personally contacting me post-op to ensure I was doing okay. He's are really amazing. Thanks again Dr Ravelo! - Casey
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Ravelo is one of the best doctors I've ever experienced. Very genuine and approachable. From the minute we stepped inside he made sure we were comfortable and apologized for the wait which wasn't more than 5 minutes. Our appointment was made that morning for an emergency check up on a broken jaw and the next morning I was getting it repaired.
in Miami, FL |
Since a child I was always afraid of the Doctor. And thanks to Dr. Ravelo my experience has change. Thank you so much for your patience and making my experience great.
in Coral Springs, FL |
Dr. Ravelo is a fantastic surgeon and a very positive and cheerful person. I had to have my wisdom teeth removed and I was very nervous about it because I have had them for a long time. He fully explained the procedure and patiently answered all my questions and concerns. I felt no pain or discomfort during the surgery and very minimal afterwards and I am healing very quickly. I was very impressed that he called me after the surgery to check on me. The staff are warm and friendly, too :)
Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Ravelo did an outstanding job assessing my dental needs and executing a flawless surgery. His expertise allowed me to stop taking pain meds early and I quickly recovered. He is very caring about his patients and does a great job explaining everything about the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Ravelo for my family and friends.
in Miami, FL |
My son and I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Ravelo. From the very first visit, the staff was very welcoming and friendly. Dr. Ravelo made us feel so very welcomed. He was very knowledgeable and and explained the procedure to me as well as my 13 year old son in a kid friendly way. After my son's procedure, he called that evening to check in on him. I could not be more pleased that he thought of him. I highly recommend Dr. Ravelo and my overall experience was an A+.
in Sunrise, FL |
Absolute perfection! I haven't been to an Oral Surgeon, as I have never had the need. I was referred to Oral Facial Reconstruction by my General Dentist and was so very lucky to meet Dr. Ravelo. My wisdom teeth didn't have room, I had an infection, and was in a decent amount of pain and discomfort. Dr. Ravelo got me in immediately, as in ASAP. His performance throughout every step of the process was absolutely impeccably perfect! I am only sad I won't be seeing him again. I LOVE MY ORAL SURGEON!
in hialeah, fl |
Dr. Ravelo was an excellent doctor. He called in the afternoon to see how I was feeling
in Miami, FL |
Huge thank you for Dr Jose G. Ravelo! I was suffering for three months from pain. I've been going to many different doctors who did everything, but none helped. Dr. Ravelo was the first one to actually help me, and make me feel better. Thank you very much Dr. Ravelo for your professionalism, attention, and kindness. T. Voyelenko
in Plantation FL |
Dr. Ravelo is that missing piece we all want and have been looking for, providing top notch service with genuine compassion, medical knowledge and high standards. He has this down to an art form, and is hands down superior in service and knowledge. Meticulous, detailed, precise, friendly and consistant. I do not think it gets any better than this, its almost shocking that any doctor today operates at this elevated level and in all areas of tending to the whole person with such perfection.
in Miami, FL |
Great Job on my wisdom tooth extraction. Well educated on his craft knew what he was doing. Only thing was the follow up appointment was really quick. Didn't really think he took his time to check my tooth. But overall GREAT JOB!!!!!
in Davie |
Dr Ravelo is an outstanding oral surgeon. I really appreciate that he took the time to thoroughly explain my condition and surgery in detail. I never felt rushed or unimportant. Everything went flawlessly and the follow up visit went equally well. Gaby, Valerie and Anthony in the Plantation office are the best!
in Coral Springs, FL |
Amazing work by Dr. Ravelo, the surgery was quick and the recovery/ healing wasn't as bad. He made sure I was satisfied with my visit and had no problems after my surgery. I highly recommend for any desired oral surgery without a doubt.
in Miami, FL |
I had the best experience I could imagine. I'd been dreading getting my wisdom teeth removed for years. Three other dentists advised me to have them removed, but I kept avoiding it. I arrived for a consultation with Dr. Ravelo, he addressed all the concerns I had, discussed several options, and left me feeling so comfortable that I had the procedure performed the same day.
in Davie, FL |
We had to take our 5 yr old daughter to get a tooth pulled and saw Dr. Ravelo. I have an extreme fear of dentists and oral surgeons and to have to take my daughter is 10 times worse. Dr. Ravelo was great with me and my daughter. We were very comfortable with him. He said he would treat her as his own and we truly feel he did. She also had minimal pain and did not need any pain medication after the procedure. Thank you Dr. Ravelo & staff.
in Miami, FL |
I had to take our all of my four wisdom teeth. Dr. Jose's work is excellent, the procedure went very well, he was very professional and friendly. Highly recommended!
in fort lauderdale, FL |
dr. ravelo, I hope you see this as I have been treated most unkind Jeannie/office mgr. I rec'd a bill that my dental ins. co will pay if submitted to them instead of my medical insurance. Jeannie told Anthony to cxl my appt this Friday, refused to submit the bill to my dental insurance company, and refused to allow me to speak to you after requesting. Two individuals @ my dental ins. company confirmed they will pay it and even attempted to call your billing company.
Hello Adriene, I am sorry to hear that you are upset and I want to help you. I left you a voicemail the other day when Anthony told me that you had called. I never heard back from you. I would be more than happy to help you! Please call me at 954-358-4260 ext. 1011, at your earliest convenience.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr.Ravelo, did a surgery on me by removing a broken tooth. It took him five minutes to complete the whole procedure and I didn't feel anything at all. He has good experience and good hands. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. José took my wisdom teeth. Excellent job no pain. Highly recommended
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Ravelo is an excellent doctor, my experience during my treatment was awesome.
in Miami florida |
Dr. Ravelo has taken very good care of me. I broke my maxilla on the left side of my face and he repaired it with a titanium plate mesh. I have healed up very quickly and have almost no pain also 0 visible scars from the surgery. As a doctor he is very well spoken and caring and as a surgeon he is meticulous and precise. I will certainly be recommending him to anybody in the future that needs any type of oral or maxillofacial surgery.
in FL |
I am very happy with the service and procedure that Dr. Ravelo preformed on me. Dr. Ravelo was Great especially with his Follow up call. I was pleased that he himself called me the following day. I would recommend this office and Dr. Ravelo. Thank you.
in Oakland park,fl |
The best experience i have ever had. The great energy, positivity, and friendliness is very well needed. He is very quick and make you feel comfortable while you are there.I had a great laugh throughout the time i was there. Best oral surgeon i have ever expirence .he is the best thank you dr.jose(gods gift) and friendly staff.you guys are the best.
Have you seen Dr. Jose Ravelo, DDS?

Visit Dr. Ravelo