Chiropractic  |
Male
Dr. Jonathan Smith, DC
I was drawn to chiropractic through my own search for health many years ago. I had shoulder weakness and pain from a sports injury that no one was able to help me with until finally I went to a chiropractor. At the time I was considering a career in psychology, but I realized that when one is in physical pain it is very difficult to focus on advancing psychologically or spiritually. Sometimes it's difficult just to get out of bed. In order to serve people on a more fundamental level, I became a chiropractor and I help people get out of pain every day. While I have been providing Cranial Therapy with Chiropractic Adjusting since becoming a chiropractor in 1999, in 2003 I had a mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI). Actually I had 2 concussions. This lead me further into Cranial Therapies and the nutritional aspects of treating the brain. I am happy to be able to provide those services to help others who have had similar injuries.

880 Las Gallinas Ave Ste 6

San Rafael, CA 94903

Learn about Dr. Smith

As a chiropractor, my job is to create conditions for self-healing. This is why the chiropractic treatment is called "an adjustment". We simply move a joint, muscle or nerve into a more optimal state for the body to function and heal. I personally take a very individualized approach, creating a treatment plan for each patient. By personalizing treatment, patients are able to heal and stay well with fewer visits.

I also provide Cranial Therapy which addresses the bones of the skull as they affect the brain and flow of fluid around the brain. This is very helpful in the treatment of headaches, concussion and tmj issues.

• Chiropractic

Dr. Smith does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Concussion
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Soft Tissue Trauma
  • Sciatica
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Whiplash

• Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Neck Pain Procedure

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Northwestern Health Sciences University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Certified Sacro-Occipital Technique Practitioner
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Smith has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Smith?