Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 46

Dr. Detrixhe

Jonathan J. Detrixhe, Ph.D.

61 Greenpoint Ave Ste 402 Brooklyn, NY 11222

(718) 809-1956

Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Brooklyn, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Detrixhe to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"I work with a variety of people whose active, creative lives have been interrupted by depression, mania, anxiety, mourning, and trauma. Psychotherapy with me is a process of guided expression. Thoughts and feelings, dr..."

- Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

Dr. Detrixhe's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Detrixhe

4.4

Dr. Detrixhe

I worked with Jon once per week for a full year, from February 2019 to February 2020. It was a subtle yet momentous reorientation which I needed more than I had ever thought. The way that I see myself is so much broader than it was one year ago. I listen to myself with more compassion. I am more open to the ideas and energies of others. I am, generally, less afraid than I was before. I still experience sparks of anxiety, but I am so much better at keeping them from growing into fires. This kind of work, I learned, is something that can only come about if one is open to everything which arises inside oneself. “I moisten the roots of all that has grown,” says Whitman… I brought that quote in to share with Jon late in my year with him. It’s exactly what he helped me do. Jon balances professionalism and friendliness expertly upon the fulcrum of care. I really felt, each week, that he was there to help me help myself.
Henry – Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
Can't recommend working with Jon enough. He is exceedingly sharp, well-versed and engaged without any pretension. I appreciate that he pairs rigor in our practice with humor and kindness. I feel really taken care of and seen by him while also challenged and not just endlessly supported in every decision / framing. I feel us making progress; challenging and interrogating assumptions together and that feels both productive and validating of the time resources, and energy spent. Thank you Jon!
Brooklyn, NY – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
Jonathan has a wonderful combination of empathy, intelligence, and education. He is a great listener and puts his energy into his sessions. I sometimes wonder at his ability to stay focused during my stream of consciousness monologues. Highly recommended.
Daniel in Brooklyn – Dec 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
Can not say enough for Jon, excellent professional and really works to get you through tough personal and professional times. Also an overall great guy!
Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
Dr. Detrixhe is the real deal. He listens and then immediately comes up with a variety of treatment options. He leans toward utilizing psychodynamic approaches to treatment, but is also comfortable using more practical/concrete techniques when warranted. He meets you where you’re at and discusses a plan forward. He is active and engaged in treatment. Importantly, he is enthusiastic about YOU. And in the end, this is about YOU. He is funny, friendly, and insightful. I can’t recommend him enough.
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
This guy is an amazing person and psychologist. Just do it.
Sean in Brooklyn, NY – Dec 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
Dr. Detrixhe has been an immense help in dealing with every issue we've discussed. Self, family, relationships, career, almost every sensitive issue that was adding stress or anxiety to my day to day or my whole life was carefully dissected, analyzed and (re)contextualized to yield relief or at the very least an understanding of myself. He keeps in check my own concerns about the balances of the mental, physical, pharmacological, and the metaphysical components of my life: 6 out of 5 stars
DN in Brooklyn, NY – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
I am a 23-year old artist. Jon and I are working through sexual traumas, my relationship to my father, traumatic family dynamics, compulsive behaviors, self doubt, self hatred, self-consciousness and self-searching. Jon has been one of the best psychological experiences I've ever had. His intense intelligence, nuanced empathy and appreciation for abstraction and contradiction are profound and revelatory. I can't recommend his practice enough.
Brooklyn, NY – Aug 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?
Highly recommend Dr. Detrixhe, he's been a huge help to me over the course of the last year.
Private in Brooklyn, NY – Aug 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathan Detrixhe, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Detrixhe?
Provider explaining information to patient