Counseling  |
John Wilson Jr, PSY
I am a licensed, Emory-trained psychologist, life coach, and Employee Assistance Professional. I've been in private practice since 2005 and I offer a wide range of services for individuals, couples and groups along with many services for employees, managers and organizations. Prior to private practice, I was employed by Emory University as a psychologist, workshop developer and presenter, and employee assistance professional. I have worked as an adjunct professor of psychology at several Atlanta area universities and continue to serve as a guest lecturer at the Emory School of Medicine. I am a member of the American Psychological Association and the Georgia Psychological Association.

Dr. John W. Wilson, Licensed Psychologist

2250 N Druid Hills Rd NE Ste 233

Atlanta, GA 30329

Learn about John Wilson Jr

My clients tell me that sessions generally feel conversational and interpersonal. I work hard to get to know each client as an individual and to convey a deep and thorough understanding of their unique struggles and challenges. I attempt to help each client answer the following two questions: What needs to change in your life? What are you willing to do about it?

• Counseling
  • Adult Clinical Psychology
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Psychology

John Wilson Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Lee University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Argosy University-Doctoral Progam
    Other Education | Completed 2007

John Wilson Jr has no awards or honors listed.

John Wilson Jr has no media or publications listed.

John Wilson Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are John Wilson Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

John Wilson Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending John Wilson Jr to family and friends
John Wilson Jr's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
I started working with John a couple months ago. I’m starting to notice a steady improvement in the quality of my life just from talking to someone! John has made the day to day issues in my life seem approachable and has provided me with new perspectives on how to tackle each day. I have learned a tremendous amount about myself and have been easily able to put John’s suggestions into practice. I actually am looking forward to coming to my next session.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wilson is extremely easy to talk to. He is understanding and real with his feedback. I've recommended him to several people and they all agree!
Atlanta, GA |
Whether you are working through a temporary issue or you are struggling with something deeper, Dr. Wilson is an invaluable resource. He is warm, caring, and compassionate and his style puts you at ease instantly. I can't say enough nice things about him and his ability to help.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wilson is incredibly comforting and a great listener. I would recommend him to everyone. He has been such a help for me. The office is always clean and comfortable, Dr. Wilson always responds to my emails very quickly, even if it is late at night, and he always seems to know what to say. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience.
Have you seen John Wilson Jr, PSY?
Are you John Wilson Jr?