Dr. John Stephen, DPT

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Stephen

Rehab Specialists,LLC

1908 W Milham Ave Portage, MI 49024

Dr. John Stephen, DPT is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Portage, MI and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Drexel University College Of Medicine in 2006 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation, headache management, and more.

Dr. Stephen accepts

Dr. Stephen accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Staywell (Wellcare)
Wellcare of Georgia
Zurich
Cofinity

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Stephen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stephen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Stephen treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Stephen treats this condition more than 5% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Sprain
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound

Rehab Specialists is a unique and highly specialized outpatient physical therapy practice that combines evidence-based manual therapy with the necessary conjunctive exercise and modality treatments to promote healing and overall health and well-being...

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Dr. Stephen?
Dr. Stephen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Stephen, DPT
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Stephen was recommended to me by several people who had come down with Bells Palsy such as myself. What John did to get me back to a normal life in such a short period of time was totally unbelievable! Johns compassion to get me in to be seen as quick as possible will always be appreciated and this gave me the opportunity to start the healing process immediately. Thank you John for not sugar coating things with my diagnosis and for pushing me to make a full recovery within 2 1/2 months!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr. Stephen was very knowledgeable about my condition. He worked with my difficult schedule to get me seen. I really appreciate his care and compassion for me. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr Stephen was very knowledgeable promising me from the beginning that if he couldn't help my problem he would tell me and not waste my time.. I went to him for help with Trigeminal Neuralgia but from the moment he saw me he knew that I had a long standing issue with my neck and was able to greatly improve that problem along with the Trigeminal pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
John is extremely thorough and focused on what he does. He takes the time to understand your daily routine and generates a rehab plan based on that. I went in with a back injury that was affecting my work and daily grind. Unfortunately I was unable to ease off work during this period, but John and his team put a plan together to not only get me back on track but also ease my existing discomfort. I feel significantly better and a whole lot of credit goes to John and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Rehab Specialists exceeded my expectations for: *a reduction in pain due to several spinal conditions * the attention given to a changing pain intensity as well as location-- they do not treat from a rigid protocol, rather a flexible one ( unlike a previous and lengthy treatment routine I experienced at another p.t. venue) * The whole staff was positive, well informed and handled my own suggested changes thoughtfully and professionally. * I am so happy to have found Rehab Specialists !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was referred to Dr. Stephen by another excellent pt who had treated me for persistent pain in the hip area and down my leg. His reason for referral was that Dr. Stephen could take it further than he had. He was correct in that assessment. After 13 sessions I am in much better shape. I still experience some pain at times, but I now have a good understanding of how to alleviate it. Dr. Stephen has left me in good shape, and I know that I can call upon him again if I need to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was referred to John by my internist to address a shoulder impingement. The condition had been present for about two years. After the second visit, I noticed significant improvement. John focused on having me utilize optimum posture and shoulder strengthening exercises to stabilize the joint. After 8 visits, my issue had been resolved and I am now pain free. Better yet, I know what to do to prevent reoccurrence! John and his team are excellent practitioners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr Stephen was recommended to me by a friend and my personal experience validates the recommendation and I will pass on my recommendation to my friends and colleagues. My shoulder pain was diagnosed and fixed and I am 100% satisfied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was seeing him for a hip and back problem. He explained the process in terms that were easy to understand for a lay person. Very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I have had bells palsy twice affecting both sides of my face. This was very devastating and Dr. Stepens gave me hope. He accomodated my work schedule for appointments. With his knowledge, experience and a lot of hard work I can wear contacts in both eyes and have my smile back. I highly recommend him if you know anyone who is affected with bells palsy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
If you are having any muscular issues, Dr. Stephen is the person to see. I'm in better condition than before my injury! The expertise, time and genuine care to get you back to being your best is something you don't see very often. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stephen or the rest of the staff at Rehab Associates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Awesome Doctor and person. Physically helped me and made it fun.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr. Stephen provided excellent professional, individualized attention while treating my condition. He carefully assessed and listened to my description of symptoms. His expertise, knowledge, and treatment assisted greatly in my recovery. Throughout treatment, Dr. Stephen explained the how and why for methods of treatment. He provided me with informational sheets that visually demonstrated homework exercises. As treatment concluded, Dr. Stephen coached me on continuing the exercises.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Professional and friendly atmosphere. Very knowlegable specialists. Gave me great relief for my knee pain issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Laat fall I fell on the blacktop and injured my shoulder and toremy rotator cuff. Dr told me surgery would be 90% effective and rehab 85%. I choose rehab. A friend recommended Rehab Specialists for treatment of balance and the rotator cuff. Dr. John and staff are very knowledgeable, professional and caring people. PT's Casey, Sarah and Megan along with Dr. John treated and improved my balance immensely and gave me back almovement of my shoulder that I had lost with the rotator cuff injury
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?

How was your experience with Dr. Stephen?

Rehab Specialists,LLC