Dr. John Stephen, DPT

Physical Medicine & RehabilitationMaleAge 51

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Dr. John Stephen, DPT is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in Portage, MI and has over 17 years of experience in the healthcare field. He graduated from Drexel Univ College of Med (MCP Hahnemann), Philadelphia|Drexel University College of Medicine in 2006. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. John Stephen, DPT

1908 W Milham Ave Portage, MI 49024
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. John Stephen, DPT with other Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists near you

Dr. Stephen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stephen

Very helpful and effective!
I consulted John regarding the chronic knee problems that I’d been having. I had consulted multiple physiotherapists previously, but none of them were able to identify the multiple causes behind my knee issue, including the structural problems, or articulate it in a way that made sense. John’s feedback on the ultimate root causes and recommendations on what I can do the improve my situation were helpful, direct and on point. Thank you John!
Kevin Mathew – Oct 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Over the past six months, I have been undergoing treatment for Tennis elbow. It didn't help at all. John Steven was referred to me by one of my friends. Without hesitation, he set up a video call since I live out of state, then he offered to provide service even on weekends. John was an amazing help and support to me during my stay. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Rehab specialists to anyone with joint or muscle pain. John explained everything very well and helped me to do the exercises at home. Everyone at Rehab specialists is very kind and willing to help.
Subi Pallithazhath – Jan 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy in Oct. I did the 5 days of medicine that the hospital recommended. That did nothing and John got me in ASAP and after a few treatments with him and the amazing staff I am back to 100%. My Dr. did not recommend physical therapy but it works! So thank you again John and Alicia!!
Linda – Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
A massive thank you to John Stephen for all his amazing works .. We have been using various therapies from him for the past 4 years . I should say he got some magic in his hands that I got relieved of my acute shoulder and neck pain after undergoing his therapy ..Also I can’t thank him enough for the wonderful therapy he did to cure my wife’s vertigo too . He is very professional and friendly .. I would strongly recommend him for any form of Physical Therapy.
Jay M – Jul 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr. John was nothing short of fantastic. His calm and caring demeanor, encouragement, knowledge and bedside manner are a true testament to his 5 star rating.
Nicholas – Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
This is the greatest place especially with joint and muscle pain from injury or aging!!!! I have seen John and worked with many in his office including Joe and Lauren this time around. They have helped me become absolutely pain free after several week of their therapy and home exercises. They are just very nice people who pay close attention to detail and are willing to work with each complaint as it arises through each session. I believe they are southwest Michigan's BEST PHYSICAL THERAPY CENTER without a shadow of a doubt.
LINDA FRENCH – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr. Stephen was recommended to me by several people who had come down with Bells Palsy such as myself. What John did to get me back to a normal life in such a short period of time was totally unbelievable! Johns compassion to get me in to be seen as quick as possible will always be appreciated and this gave me the opportunity to start the healing process immediately. Thank you John for not sugar coating things with my diagnosis and for pushing me to make a full recovery within 2 1/2 months!
Chris Miller in Gobles, MI – Jan 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr. Stephen was very knowledgeable about my condition. He worked with my difficult schedule to get me seen. I really appreciate his care and compassion for me. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family!
ryan basler in lawton, mi – Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr Stephen was very knowledgeable promising me from the beginning that if he couldn't help my problem he would tell me and not waste my time.. I went to him for help with Trigeminal Neuralgia but from the moment he saw me he knew that I had a long standing issue with my neck and was able to greatly improve that problem along with the Trigeminal pain.
Nola Harlan in Kalamazoo, MI – Oct 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
John is extremely thorough and focused on what he does. He takes the time to understand your daily routine and generates a rehab plan based on that. I went in with a back injury that was affecting my work and daily grind. Unfortunately I was unable to ease off work during this period, but John and his team put a plan together to not only get me back on track but also ease my existing discomfort. I feel significantly better and a whole lot of credit goes to John and his team.
Deepak Ravindra, Ph.D. in Kalamazoo, MI – Jan 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Rehab Specialists exceeded my expectations for: *a reduction in pain due to several spinal conditions * the attention given to a changing pain intensity as well as location-- they do not treat from a rigid protocol, rather a flexible one ( unlike a previous and lengthy treatment routine I experienced at another p.t. venue) * The whole staff was positive, well informed and handled my own suggested changes thoughtfully and professionally. * I am so happy to have found Rehab Specialists !
KC Butler in Van Buren Co. – Oct 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was referred to Dr. Stephen by another excellent pt who had treated me for persistent pain in the hip area and down my leg. His reason for referral was that Dr. Stephen could take it further than he had. He was correct in that assessment. After 13 sessions I am in much better shape. I still experience some pain at times, but I now have a good understanding of how to alleviate it. Dr. Stephen has left me in good shape, and I know that I can call upon him again if I need to.
George T. Martin in Kalamazoo, MI – Aug 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was referred to John by my internist to address a shoulder impingement. The condition had been present for about two years. After the second visit, I noticed significant improvement. John focused on having me utilize optimum posture and shoulder strengthening exercises to stabilize the joint. After 8 visits, my issue had been resolved and I am now pain free. Better yet, I know what to do to prevent reoccurrence! John and his team are excellent practitioners.
Ed S. in Portage, MI – Aug 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr Stephen was recommended to me by a friend and my personal experience validates the recommendation and I will pass on my recommendation to my friends and colleagues. My shoulder pain was diagnosed and fixed and I am 100% satisfied.
Kalamazoo, MI – Jul 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I was seeing him for a hip and back problem. He explained the process in terms that were easy to understand for a lay person. Very professional.
Bill in Kalamazoo, MI – Jun 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
I have had bells palsy twice affecting both sides of my face. This was very devastating and Dr. Stepens gave me hope. He accomodated my work schedule for appointments. With his knowledge, experience and a lot of hard work I can wear contacts in both eyes and have my smile back. I highly recommend him if you know anyone who is affected with bells palsy.
Apr 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
If you are having any muscular issues, Dr. Stephen is the person to see. I'm in better condition than before my injury! The expertise, time and genuine care to get you back to being your best is something you don't see very often. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stephen or the rest of the staff at Rehab Associates.
Kathleen in Kalamazoo, MI – Mar 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Awesome Doctor and person. Physically helped me and made it fun.
Scott Block in Kalamazoo Mi – Mar 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Dr. Stephen provided excellent professional, individualized attention while treating my condition. He carefully assessed and listened to my description of symptoms. His expertise, knowledge, and treatment assisted greatly in my recovery. Throughout treatment, Dr. Stephen explained the how and why for methods of treatment. He provided me with informational sheets that visually demonstrated homework exercises. As treatment concluded, Dr. Stephen coached me on continuing the exercises.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan Campbell in Portage, MI – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?
Professional and friendly atmosphere. Very knowlegable specialists. Gave me great relief for my knee pain issues.
William Virgo in Portage, Michigan – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Stephen, DPT?

How was your experience with Dr. Stephen?