Dr. John Shefferman, DDS

Dr. John Shefferman, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. John Shefferman, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Maryland in 1987 and practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

1747 Pennsylvania Ave NW Ste 120

Washington, DC 20006

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Shefferman

Dr. Shefferman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shefferman "I am very fortunate to have been rated as the "#1 Orthodontist" in Washington, DC by Consumers Checkbook Magazine, and for the past 22 years, I have been voted by my peers as one of the "Top Orthodontists" in the entire Washington, DC area by Washingtonian Magazine. As an orthodontist, my goal is to provide my patients with exceptional orthodontic treatment in the most caring, innovative, and comfortable environment possible. One thing that really sets us apart from other practices is that I spend a lot of one-on-one time with my patients. I enjoy developing relationships with them and learning about their varied backgrounds. I am committed to providing every patient with an individualized treatment plan and most technologically advanced treatment available. Having an enjoyable experience in our office is just as important as achieving a beautiful, comfortable, and healthy smile. Education and Continuing Education Bachelor of Science Degree – Washington University, St. Louis Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Maryland Orthodontic Faculty – University of Maryland Dental School I am very active in continuing my education through orthodontic and dental meetings and dental study groups. I take more than 80 hours of continuing education each year, five times the annual requirements so that I can provide the most up-to-date clinical methods to my patients. I have also had special training in the area of TMJ disorders, and am one of the top 100 Invisalign® providers in the country. I have been practicing in the Washington, DC, area since 1990. I lecture frequently to orthodontic groups and dental societies, and serve as a consultant for dental continuing education study groups. Professional Memberships College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association Renaissance Dental Study Group Washington Orthodontic Group "

This content was provided by Dr. Shefferman "Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile that you've always wanted.

We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as comfortable, convenient, and rewarding as possible. We'll use the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options, giving you the customized, individual care that you deserve."

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Orthodontics
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthodontics*

• Crooked Teeth
  • Dental Crowding
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Overbite
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Underbite

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Washington University, St Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • University Of Maryland
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Shefferman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shefferman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shefferman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shefferman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shefferman

Dr. Shefferman?
Dr. Shefferman's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Shefferman?