John Sargent, MS

CounselingMale

Counseling

John Sargent, MS is a Counselor in Portsmouth, NH. His office accepts telehealth appointments.

John Sargent, MS

Traditional Therapy – done online

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Hampshire

Check if John Sargent treats your condition or procedure

John Sargent accepts

John Sargent accepts the following insurance:

Select
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO

John Sargent's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend John Sargent

3.7

Not for Couples
Went to John Sargent in early 2020 hoping to save my marriage – we had two sessions. During the initial phone consultation, he asked about insurance to which I responded that I would be self-paying. Through a followup phone call and two sessions, he asked about insurance an additional 5 times, expressing concern about my commitment and ability to pay out of pocket. During our second/final session, I reflected on how I had traced my anger to feelings of invalidation and disregard. I also asked about gaslighting, as I believed I was a victim of emotional abuse. He invalidated my assessments, and dismissed gaslighting as some reference to a 1930's film, and nothing more. His words, "You need to get your anger under control. You can either be right, or you can have a relationship." I honestly thought that was what I was already doing. Seek therapy elsewhere.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
C – Jul 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you John Sargent, MS?

How was your experience with John Sargent?