Dr. John Nealon, PHD

Counseling ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Nealon
14300 Gallant Fox Ln Ste 103 Bowie, MD 20715

Dr. John Nealon, PHD is a counselor in Bowie, MD. He specializes in counseling.

Dr. Nealon accepts

Dr. Nealon accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Nealon treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Jack Nealon has been providing counseling and therapy services to our community for over 25 years. He offers a compassionate approach to providing growth, healing, and wellness for adult individuals and couples. He is the Director and Founder of the Bowie Counseling Center which opened in 1996, and he is also on the counseling staff of the Christian Counseling Center of Annapolis.

• Counseling

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Nealon?
Dr. Nealon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Nealon, PHD
Words cannot express how important the work Jack and I did to bring me to the place I am today. He brought illumination to the dark places in my life, helped me with my son issues, but most of all I learned to trust myself and was empowered to make healthy choices. I miss our conversations and haven’t found a more thoughtful and caring counselor who made me want to be better. Thank Jack.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Jack is an amazing counselor with an uncanny ability to help couples hear each other like never before. I especially appreciate his ability to provide clinical advice rooted in the fundamental principles of the Christian faith. I would recommend Dr. Jack for everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Nealon is balanced and objective as he keeps you, your life, relationship, career goals and the myriad of possibilities in mind. He is sensitive to what a person and his/her environment brings to a situation and is able to assist in getting the best personal and professional result. Sometimes we have barriers or patterns that no longer serve us well, Dr. Nealon's approach helps to break those cycles and write new scripts.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Jack has been enormously helpful to me during a tough period. Great listener, kind and direct.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
I don't understand the rude and arrogant comments. My husband and I have been going to him for several months. And, he's quite the opposite. He's gregarious and at the same time mindful of letting us have our say. The first couple times we went I thought he was being "charmed" by my husband, but soon I realized that he was onto both of us and our issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Nealon counseled me through my separation and divorce from 2011 to 2014. I found him to be smart, sensitive, kind, and gentle in his approach. I could tell after a few sessions that he had years of experience in relationship counseling. What sets him apart from other counselors I had seen in the past is that he meets you where you are and keeps growing with you throughout the process of counseling. I continue to see Dr. Nealon from time to time and highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
It has been great for me to be able to come to Dr. Nealon for counselling during some hard times. His listening and answers to my questions have helped me know how to handle some of life's hard things.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Jack as he is affectionally known has been an exceptional counselor. My wife and I have been meeting with him for marriage counseling plus one and one sessions. The insight that he has provided has been phenomenal! Would recommend him to anyone I know that need a light in this life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Nealon has been a great resource for my marriage. His supportive approach also challenges my husband and I to put in the work to maintain a healthy marriage. We highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
My husband and I were referred to Dr Jack when we were in crisis. We found him to be kind, personable and more importantly professional . We are working through issues that date back to childhood. He has created a very safe environment for us to unpack that baggage. We have made progress with him and are confident we will continue to do the same. I would not hesitate to recommend him. He has truly made a difference for us and we are grateful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Excellent services! Dr. Jack was able to help my husband and I navigate through our marriage issues successfully. He helped us in our time of need and despair. We are forever grateful for all of his help. He’s authentic, cares, and provided very practical tools for a successful marriage relationship. I have and will continue to recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
At the suggestion of a dear friend, I made an appointment with Dr. Jack for help during a very difficult time. My spouse had severe addictions, over a very long time, which created a profound and negative impact on our marriage and children. Most people do not understand the chaotic, anxiety producing world one lives in when living with an addict. I was reluctant at first because I (and my husband) had already seen several counselors and received little help and direction. Dr. Jack proved to be
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Empathic. Intelligent. Experienced. Caring. Those are four of the attributes of a great counselor. Those are also 4 things I can say about Dr. Nealon. His ability to blend all of those characteristics and help my wife and I is a skill we can never thank him for enough. We are forever indebted to him for his kindness and wisdom.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Jack is really great. I look forward to my meetings with him every week. He has a great handle and memory of all the players in my life and is able to give me great insight, homework, and tools for success.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Saw him for marriage counseling, he did not help us at all. He actually made everything worse! He was rude and arrogant and did not listen! Instead of divorcing, found a new counselor who listened to us! Marriage is the best it's ever been!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Jack has been a true life saver for me. He's one in a million. Thank you Dr. Jack!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Doctor Jack is awesome! Great insights. I have been learning a great deal from him, both about myself and my marriage. Highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?
Dr. Nealon is a great counselor. He isn't pushy and gives you time to sift through your emotions. He explains things you may not understand and gives you practical tools to apply to your life to handle whatever you may be challenged with. He allows you to ask any questions you may have and even to email him when you're not in session.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Nealon, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nealon?

Compare Providers