Dr. John Moore, PHD

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology •  Male

Dr. Moore

Guy Counseling

655 W Irving Park Rd Chicago, IL 60613

Dr. John Moore, PHD is a Cognitive & Behavioral Psychologist in Chicago, IL. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moore to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Psychologists in your area

See similar Psychologists in Chicago

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Moore accepts

Dr. Moore accepts the following insurance:

Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Moore treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Moore's conditions and procedures:

• Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. John Moore, PHD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Moore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moore

Dr. Moore?
What People Say About Dr. John Moore, PHD
I worked John on some anxiety issues for panic and fear. He taught me a lot of new skills that I continue to use years after therapy, including self hypnosis and mindfulness
Star T – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I needed a therapist who works with men to help me with shy bladder syndrome. The truth is, I couldn't pee in public places - like a public urinal or even on a plane. Using a combination of cognitive therapy and hypnosis, John helped me to get a grip on my anxiety, which was sitting in my subconscious. I learned how to relax myself and how to engage in mindfulness. I only saw him for 6 sessions but it was enough to help me move past my problems. Now, I can take my kids to the Cubs game and not have to skip on having anything to drink. This was my first time ever seeing a counselor or coach and I have to say I had a very positive experience.
Andy S – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I was having problems with confidence and anxiety around meeting new people and some career problems. A buddy of mine told me about John and I thought I'd give it a try. This was my first time ever doing any type of counseling or coaching so I was skeptical. All I can say is that I was surprised. John helped me to challenge some of my negative self-beliefs and get me to revisit some of my thinking. The homework assignments were super helpful to me. In addition to counseling, we also did a few sessions of hypnosis. Wow, was this powerful! I feel much more confident than I used to be and in a much happier place. He's an amazing healer.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for coaching and hypnotherapy for career issues. Very positive experience!
Don D in Chicago, IL – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for several months on career stress and relationship anxiety. He really helped me to develop new strategies for coping. One of John’s gifts is spotting negative thinking and working with you to think of things differently. Even though I moved out of the area, I still do “tuneups” with him on Skype. He really made a big difference in my life.
Brian S in Chicago, IL – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
John was an amazing help to me with as a professional athlete. I needed someone who had experience with sports players and he was recommended. He used a combination of CBT, hypnotherapy and guided meditation to help build my confidence. I still do some of his homework assignments.
Nick in Chicago, IL – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I went to John for CBT and hypnotherapy for anxiety. He was easy to work with and explained everything on how the process worked. He’s really understsnding and I didn’t feel judged. In the past, I’ve had therapists who made me feel that way so this was refreshing. The homework assignments he gave me were very helpful.
Donna O in Chicago, IL – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I have had the pleasure of working with John for the past few years. Friendly, kind and compassionate, he provides a comfortable and safe environment. I highly recommend him!
Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for two years. I had problems with anxiety and coming out as gay. I was struggling with relationships and some drinking. I found my time with John to be very helpful. He never judged me or made. We laughed a lot during counseling - which helped me so much because I badly needed humor in my life. Wonderful helper.
John L – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
Early December of 2017, I felt as if I hit rock bottom. I was wandering around for about three years in a deep depression: I had panic attacks and breakdowns constantly, I couldn't sleep, I was in a deep artistic rut and full of self-hatred. I genuinely felt no joy or peace for three years and was praying for mercy and a way out of what I was experiencing. Is there an option for 10 stars? John is beyond amazing. I was in awe of? how he was able to heal me and take this from me. He is not only
George in Grey – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I enjoyed working with John. He was very helpful with some problems I was having with career stress.
Benny in Skokie, IL – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I would highly recommend for anxiety and any college students. John helped me to stay calm during my final exams.
Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moore?

Dr. John Moore uses a warm, affirming and interactivel approach to help clients explore barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential. Conversational & intuitive, Moore uses a strength based model to identify unproductive thinking pa...

• Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • Men's Health Psychology

More Information

• Does Dr. Moore communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Moore communicates via email

• Does Dr. Moore offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Moore offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Moore offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Moore offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Moore have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Moore has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Moore offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Moore offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Moore offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Moore offers evening visits