Dr. John Moore, PHD

Cognitive & Behavioral PsychologyMale

Dr. Moore

Guy Counseling

655 W Irving Park Rd Chicago, IL 60613

Dr. John Moore, PHD is a Cognitive & Behavioral Psychologist in Chicago, IL. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moore to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cognitive & Behavioral Psychologists in your area

"Dr. John Moore uses a warm, affirming and interactivel approach to help clients explore barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential. Conversational & intuitive, Moore uses a strength based model to..."

- Dr. John Moore, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Moore treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Moore's conditions and procedures:

• Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. Moore accepts

Dr. Moore accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Dr. Moore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moore

96.7741935483871%

Dr. Moore?
  • Listened & answered questions (24)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (21)
  • Appointment scheduling (20)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
I worked with John to help with anxiety. Using a combination of CBT and some EMDR, he helped me to move past my negative thinking and into a place of change. He also introduced me to parts therapy to help heal some old wounds from the past. He's a very gifted and gentle therapist.
Joko – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
John was really great to work with for short term therapy to cope with anxiety. All of our sessions were remote because of the pandemic, which was surprisingly really good. One of the things I really liked was learning self calming techniques. I'm stull using his hypnosis teachings to control my breathing!
Abel – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
A friend of mine recommended Dr. John to me because I was having a lot of problems with anxiety which was aggravating my IBS. After working with John for a few sessions, he taught me several powerful ways to enter a place of self-calm. I was skeptical of talk-therapy and particularly hypnotherapy because I thought it was like what they show in those Hollywood movies. It was nothing like that. Instead, it was more like a meditation with a vocal guide. Because of COVID, our sessions were done over video (something else I wasn't sure about). What I found from the experience was that it was very effective. I am so glad that I started working with Dr. John. I went to him for a total of 8 sessions, give or take. I can honestly say that today, my anxiety is much easier to manage. I also have less intense IBS attacks. He's a very understanding person. I also like his folksy approach. I would to him again for sure.
Great for Anxiety and IBS – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with Dr. John for several anxiety and self-esteem issues after he was recommended by a friend. It was wonderful working with someone who listened to my issues and asked thought provoking questions. I learned a lot of coping strategies, including self meditation and self calming techniques. The homework was great. As an aside, when my 12 pet dog passed away, Dr. John sent me a sympathy card. That's the kind of person we are talking about. The only reason I had to stop working with him was because of a job transfer out west. He was very helpful to me and I will cherish the many lessons that I learned.
Craig L – Nov 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with Dr. John for career anxiety and stress for almost a year. We started out weekly and overtime, we spread it out to 2 times a month. During our time together, I learned a lot about my stress triggers, including some unrealistic expectations I had about myself. What I liked most about working with John were the coping strategies he taught me. For example, I never knew about the power of meditation or how it using deep breathing could change my stress level. After working with two other therapists in the past, I can honestly say I got a LOT out of our time together!
Frederick B – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
After years of dealing with anxiety issues and my wife badgering me to get help. I finally decided to look into finding a psychologist. I was recommended to Dr. Moore by a friend who had seen him in the past. He swore that Dr. Moore was a miracle worker blah, blah... At least that's how I felt in the beginning. It's important to note that I was a huge skeptic of therapy in general and honestly believed it was a waste of money to pay someone to "fix" me. To my surprise, I enjoyed talking to Dr. Moore; it felt more like chatting with a buddy than a psychologist. I will say my anxiety popped up at the word Hypnotherapy, But I figured why not try it. I couldn't believe it; after just a few sessions with this man, my life started changing. I'll never forget the day that I climbed into bed with my wife with a big smile on her face. "Congratulations on your first-day anxiety attack free," she said. All I can say is THANK YOU, DR.Moore. You have changed my life!
Seth – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I struggled with anxiety and self esteem. John took his time listening to me and then helped me to figure out meaningful coping techniques. I really liked learning about hypnosis and quick meditation techniques. I also appreciated the insights into my anxiety triggers. I’m in a much better place now.
Great for Anxiety – Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I saw John for anxiety and hypnotherapy. Very helpful and highly recommended. Definitely a FIVE star review from me.
Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John using cognitive therapy and hypnotherapy for anxiety. I learned a bunch of new skills and coping strategies. After 10 sessions, I feel a lot better and more confident! I loved the homework assignments.
Joe Blizzard – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked John on some anxiety issues for panic and fear. He taught me a lot of new skills that I continue to use years after therapy, including self hypnosis and mindfulness
Star T – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I needed a therapist who works with men to help me with shy bladder syndrome. The truth is, I couldn't pee in public places - like a public urinal or even on a plane. Using a combination of cognitive therapy and hypnosis, John helped me to get a grip on my anxiety, which was sitting in my subconscious. I learned how to relax myself and how to engage in mindfulness. I only saw him for 6 sessions but it was enough to help me move past my problems. Now, I can take my kids to the Cubs game and not have to skip on having anything to drink. This was my first time ever seeing a counselor or coach and I have to say I had a very positive experience.
Andy S – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for coaching and hypnotherapy for career issues. Very positive experience!
Don D in Chicago, IL – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for several months on career stress and relationship anxiety. He really helped me to develop new strategies for coping. One of John’s gifts is spotting negative thinking and working with you to think of things differently. Even though I moved out of the area, I still do “tuneups” with him on Skype. He really made a big difference in my life.
Brian S in Chicago, IL – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
John was an amazing help to me with as a professional athlete. I needed someone who had experience with sports players and he was recommended. He used a combination of CBT, hypnotherapy and guided meditation to help build my confidence. I still do some of his homework assignments.
Nick in Chicago, IL – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I went to John for CBT and hypnotherapy for anxiety. He was easy to work with and explained everything on how the process worked. He’s really understsnding and I didn’t feel judged. In the past, I’ve had therapists who made me feel that way so this was refreshing. The homework assignments he gave me were very helpful.
Donna O in Chicago, IL – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I have had the pleasure of working with John for the past few years. Friendly, kind and compassionate, he provides a comfortable and safe environment. I highly recommend him!
Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for two years. I had problems with anxiety and coming out as gay. I was struggling with relationships and some drinking. I found my time with John to be very helpful. He never judged me or made. We laughed a lot during counseling - which helped me so much because I badly needed humor in my life. Wonderful helper.
John L – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
Early December of 2017, I felt as if I hit rock bottom. I was wandering around for about three years in a deep depression: I had panic attacks and breakdowns constantly, I couldn't sleep, I was in a deep artistic rut and full of self-hatred. I genuinely felt no joy or peace for three years and was praying for mercy and a way out of what I was experiencing. Is there an option for 10 stars? John is beyond amazing. I was in awe of? how he was able to heal me and take this from me. He is not only
George in Grey – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I enjoyed working with John. He was very helpful with some problems I was having with career stress.
Benny in Skokie, IL – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I would highly recommend for anxiety and any college students. John helped me to stay calm during my final exams.
Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moore?

Dr. John Moore uses a warm, affirming and interactivel approach to help clients explore barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential. Conversational...Read more

My goal is to create a warm, safe and supportive environment in which my clients can explore their feelings while discovering the barriers that may exist...Read more

• Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology