Dr. John Moore, PHD

Dr. John Moore, PHD

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology  ·
Male
Dr. John Moore, PHD is a cognitive & behavioral psychologist in Chicago, IL. He specializes in cognitive & behavioral psychology, counseling, and more.Read his story

4343 N Clarendon Ave

Chicago, IL 60613

Learn about Dr. Moore

Dr. Moore's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Moore "My goal is to create a warm, safe and supportive environment in which my clients can explore their feelings while discovering the barriers that may exist which are keeping them from reaching their full potential. Using a conversational and interactive approach, I draw upon the basic tenants of cognitive therapy and positive psychology to help individuals identify negative thinking patterns and learn new, healthier ways of thinking. In this way, clients are empowered to create meaningful, positive change in the here and now. Homework is often given as part of the change process.Prior to working in the wellness sector, I spent 15 years at Fortune 500 Companies and large non-profits in managerial & marketing roles. I uniquely understand the pressures of working in high stress environments. Many of my clients are business professionals, teachers, first responders, transportation workers & former military members seeking career guidance. Visitors will find an inviting, relaxing and private atmosphere with an "Executive Lounge" waiting area offering complimentary coffees, teas, sodas, candies and bottled water. Daily/Weekly newspapers are made available, such as USA Today, Chicago Sun-Times, the Wall Street Journal and Crain's Chicago Business. Complimentary WI-FI access."

This content was provided by Dr. Moore "Dr. John Moore uses a warm, affirming and interactivel approach to help clients explore barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential. Conversational & intuitive, Moore uses a strength based model to identify unproductive thinking patterns while assisting clients in the development of healthy coping skills. This interactive partnership is used to empower clients and formulate new goals for the future."

• Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Adult Psychology
  • Counseling

Dr. Moore does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Education data for Dr. Moore is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Moore has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Moore has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Moore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Moore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moore

Dr. Moore?
Dr. Moore's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Moore, PHD
I have had the pleasure of working with John for the past few years. Friendly, kind and compassionate, he provides a comfortable and safe environment. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for two years. I had problems with anxiety and coming out as gay. I was struggling with relationships and some drinking. I found my time with John to be very helpful. He never judged me or made. We laughed a lot during counseling - which helped me so much because I badly needed...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
Early December of 2017, I felt as if I hit rock bottom. I was wandering around for about three years in a deep depression: I had panic attacks and breakdowns constantly, I couldn't sleep, I was in a deep artistic rut and full of self-hatred. I genuinely felt no joy or peace for three years and was...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I enjoyed working with John. He was very helpful with some problems I was having with career stress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I would highly recommend for anxiety and any college students. John helped me to stay calm during my final exams.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moore?