Dr. John Moore, PHD

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Moore

Dr. John Moore, PHD is a cognitive & behavioral psychologist in Chicago, IL. He specializes in cognitive & behavioral psychology, counseling, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Moore accepts

Dr. Moore accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Moore treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Moore's conditions and procedures:

• Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. John Moore uses a warm, affirming and interactivel approach to help clients explore barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential. Conversational & intuitive, Moore uses a strength based model to identify unproductive thinking pa...

• Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology

Dr. Moore?
Dr. Moore's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Moore, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
I struggled with sexual performance anxiety for years. My doctor referred me to John for help. After working with him on this issue and learning new coping strategies, I'm finally over my problem. I loved the hypnotherapy sessions to relax my mind and make me calm. The homework assignments were also great. He's the real deal and cares deeply about his clients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I was having problems with confidence and anxiety around meeting new people and some career problems. A buddy of mine told me about John and I thought I'd give it a try. This was my first time ever doing any type of counseling or coaching so I was skeptical. All I can say is that I was surprised. John helped me to challenge some of my negative self-beliefs and get me to revisit some of my thinking. The homework assignments were super helpful to me. In addition to counseling, we also did a few sessions of hypnosis. Wow, was this powerful! I feel much more confident than I used to be and in a much happier place. He's an amazing healer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for coaching and hypnotherapy for career issues. Very positive experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for several months on career stress and relationship anxiety. He really helped me to develop new strategies for coping. One of John’s gifts is spotting negative thinking and working with you to think of things differently. Even though I moved out of the area, I still do “tuneups” with him on Skype. He really made a big difference in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
John was an amazing help to me with as a professional athlete. I needed someone who had experience with sports players and he was recommended. He used a combination of CBT, hypnotherapy and guided meditation to help build my confidence. I still do some of his homework assignments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I went to John for CBT and hypnotherapy for anxiety. He was easy to work with and explained everything on how the process worked. He’s really understsnding and I didn’t feel judged. In the past, I’ve had therapists who made me feel that way so this was refreshing. The homework assignments he gave me were very helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I have had the pleasure of working with John for the past few years. Friendly, kind and compassionate, he provides a comfortable and safe environment. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I worked with John for two years. I had problems with anxiety and coming out as gay. I was struggling with relationships and some drinking. I found my time with John to be very helpful. He never judged me or made. We laughed a lot during counseling - which helped me so much because I badly needed humor in my life. Wonderful helper.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
Early December of 2017, I felt as if I hit rock bottom. I was wandering around for about three years in a deep depression: I had panic attacks and breakdowns constantly, I couldn't sleep, I was in a deep artistic rut and full of self-hatred. I genuinely felt no joy or peace for three years and was praying for mercy and a way out of what I was experiencing. Is there an option for 10 stars? John is beyond amazing. I was in awe of? how he was able to heal me and take this from me. He is not only
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I enjoyed working with John. He was very helpful with some problems I was having with career stress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?
I would highly recommend for anxiety and any college students. John helped me to stay calm during my final exams.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Moore, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moore?

Compare Providers