John Marchini, MSW

John Marchini, MSW

Clinical Social Work  ·
John Marchini, MSW is a clinical social worker in New York, NY. He specializes in clinical social work, social work, and more.Read his story

123 4th Ave Apt 2

• MVP Health Care
  • Value Options

Learn about John Marchini

John Marchini's bio

This content was provided by John Marchini "Over the past decade, my practice has gravitated toward being of service to those who practice alternative sexual lifestyles. From working with people who engage in BDSM and polyamory to swingers, cross-dressers, and just bog standard kinksters, I've heard of so many occasions where, in the first session, the therapist has immediately identified the sexual behavior as the problem and disregarded everything else mentioned. Common among those who come to see me are a history of secrecy, shame, and self-contempt, feelings of inadequacy, or feeling "broken." Anger, anxiety, and confusion, along with a deep-rooted shame, lead to desperation and being overwhelmed. You have chosen a lifestyle that not everyone understands although, if there's a name for it, someone's done it. Sometimes, unfortunately, you internalize society's judgmental attitudes, causing you to question your behaviors and beliefs. I can help you before the feelings and behaviors cause damage in your life."

This content was provided by John Marchini "Once they leave my mouth, I have no control over how or when my words will be interpreted or internalized, if indeed they ever are. On more than a few occasions I have received phone calls from people who were in therapy with me many years ago thanking me for something I had told them, something I had said that had changed their life, something that just clicked five years later. Almost every single time, what they tell me I said sounds so unfamiliar to me that I'm sure they must have heard it elsewhere. But they insist it was from me. Luckily, I was told very early in my career as a therapist that you can't take credit for the successes because then you'd have to accept the failures, too. I believe my role is to guide you through the fog that currently hinders your progress; you know what is best for you, but right now that knowledge isn't as easy to access as it has been before. I'm here to reflect what you are now, what you may have been, and what you have the potential to be.      "

• Clinical Social Work
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Psychotherapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Social Work

John Marchini does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Hunter College School Of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed

John Marchini has no awards or honors listed.

John Marchini has no media or publications listed.

John Marchini does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are John Marchini and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

John Marchini's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending John Marchini to family and friends
12 total reviews (1 has a comment)

John Marchini's Performance

He was 30+ minutes late to our first two appointments. Doesn't respond to messages until a few days later.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you John Marchini?