Dr. John Hurley Jr, DC

Dr. John Hurley Jr, DC

Chiropractic  |
Dr. John Hurley Jr, DC is a chiropractic provider who practices in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

1020 Portage Trl

Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Cofinity
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Hurley Jr

This content was provided by Dr. Hurley Jr "My practice has always been interested in finding rapid, effective solutions for people's painful conditions. For this reason, I continued the study of orthopedics and earned a chiropractic specialty rarely achieved by others in my profession. This study has greatly improved my diagnostic and treatment skills in order to help you feel better and/or to understand your treatment options. My greater than 20-years experience allows for compassionate and effective chiropractic care."

• Chiropractic

Dr. Hurley Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders
  • Back Injuries
  • Neck Injuries
  • Sports Injuries
  • Whiplash

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Miami University Of Ohio
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Post Grad Inst
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Hurley Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hurley Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hurley Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hurley Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hurley Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hurley Jr to family and friends
Dr. Hurley Jr's Performance
Akron, OH |
I was throughly satisfied with my treatment by Dr. Hurley. I am a runner and was battling with recurrent right low back pain and left hamstring pain. Dr. Hurley assured me my spine was healthy and the pain was all soft tissue issues. He performed some manual techniques and prescribed very specific exercises to address both issues. I could feel an improvement after the first treatment and by the third I felt that I could manage on my own. Awesome staff and awesome experience. Highly recommend!
Akron, OH |
I contacted Dr. Hurley's office due to an injury sustained while running. Dr. Hurley was able to see me that day. Dr. Hurley gave a thorough diagnostic exam, treatment and exercises for healing and sustaining the health and function gained. I highly recommend Dr. Hurley!
Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
I started with Dr. Hurley when my back was so painful, it hurt to walk. Instead of just adjusting my back, he took the time to teach me exercises to help strengthen and improve my back. Today, I'm almost totally pain free - and I know how to help myself if my back starts to hurt again. His receptionist, Diane, is awesome! So easy to talk to, and so willing to do whatever it takes to work me in for an appointment. I have recommended Dr. Hurley to friends and family. They are awesome!
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
Dr. Hurley was a lifesaver for me. I was in agony when I contacted their office after hours thinking I was going to leave a message, but they answered AND got me right in the very next day. After my very 1st visit, I could tell that Dr. Hurley is a true expert in his field. He not only treated my issues, but he also taught me techniques and exercises that I can now use on my own. Fantastic Doctor! Highly recommend... and already have!
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Hurley. He was thorough in my treatment, and explained his methods throughout my assessment and treatment. I could not be more pleased with the results.
in Barberton, OH |
This a remarkable pt. centered office. Dr. Hurley listens, encourages and supports you holistically to help you achieve wellness. His plan of care addresses your issues as an individual and your input is vital. After two yrs. of chronic hip pain I have been given my hope and wellness back. I am healing and able to function without pills and a cane. He offered alternatives that the medical community could not. You are important, and if you have issues please visit him. "He is here to serve you"
in Akron, Ohio |
I have seen Dr. Hurley in the past with back issues, a hamstring issue, etc. This past visit with Dr. Hurley, I was experiencing problems with my neck and vertigo. In one visit, Dr. Hurley was able to show me techniques which alleviated the symptoms I was having. I would highly recommend Dr. Hurley. He is very dedicated to his patients and explains things in great detail!
Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
I saw Dr. Hurley after experiencing pain in my shoulder for about a week and a half. His office staff is amazing, but Dr. Hurley did a bad job! He did not perform an examination, or an adjustment. He simply had me lower and raise my arm a few times, scraped the skin, and said that I had not injured it and that I simply needed to disassociate the movement in my arm with pain. Saying it was all in my head. I was later DX'ed with a sprained rotator cuff by another doctor. Would not recommend.
in New Franklin, OH |
Was referred to Dr. Hurley by my internal medicine doctor for radiating pain in my lower and upper back. Found it to be an excellent recommendation! Started to get relief after just one visit. He was very good at explaining things and I received many good tips and tools to use going forward. Thank you, Dr. Hurley!
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
Dr. Hurley understands how pain manifests itself and that a comprehensive treatment approach is needed to address the nervous, muscular, and skeletal systems to provide short term and long term pain relief. After suffering with 40 years of shoulder pain and limited arm motion Dr. Hurley was able to design a treatment program that eliminated the pain and restored my full arm and shoulder motion. I highly recommend that you use him to help eliminate your pain and recover your freedom of movement
in Akron, OH |
I had seen specialists, chiropractors, physical therapist etc. and spent thousands for my serious hip, back and neck conditions due to a very high fall. I got better over the years but never got free of pains. Dr. Hurley was the only doctor that really helped me get rid of my pains, he is one of the best and most honest doctors I have ever met. Other than treating me he spent a lot of time teaching me about my pains. I spent about one tenth of what I did with other doctors with Dr. Hurley.
in Akron, Ohio |
I visited Dr. Hurley's practice due to the positive reviews on healthgrades, and he is a wonderful practitioner. I had four visits with Dr. Hurley to address chronic hip pain. Dr. Hurley utilized a combination of physical manipulations, pain education, and strengthening exercises to address my pain. Dr. Hurley was genuine, compassionate and encouraging. My pain is essentially gone. I had a wonderful experience at the practice. I would not hesitate to go back or to recommend Dr. Hurley to others.
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
I recently went to Dr. Hurley after having severe lower back pain on and off for 5yrs. I had never been to a chiropractor before and wasn't sure what to expect. Let me say that my experience was nothing but positive! Very professional and knowledgeable with total focus on YOUR specific needs. This is not a one size fits all practice. He takes the time to gather the information he needs to derive a method that works for you. He is friendly and genuinely cares for his clients. Highly recommended!!
in Green, OH |
This is not your father or grandfather's chiropractor! Following my knee replacement, I had terrible hip pain; my surgeon said 'that's part of it', therapist couldn't help - so I called Dr. Hurley. I've used his services since the 90's when needed - and sure enough, he knew exactly what the problem was. All muscular - calming and strengthening the hip muscles to support my knee and a natural gait. Dr. Hurley treated me, then taught me exercises to further my recovery. Highly recommend!
in Akron, OH |
He is kind,very concerned about educating his patients and very reasonable with he fees. He doesn't tell his patients that they need more treatments than they really need just to keep them coming to get money from them. He was very pleasant,and easy to talk to.
in Cuy. Falls, Ohio |
HE was professional and caring. He did not try to string me along for more sessions than I needed to be able to continue my improvement at home. The exercises he gave me eventually eliminated my pain.
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
Dr. Hurley is knowledgeable and attentive. He truly listens and identifies patient needs. I always feel educated about my particular circumstances and armed with good techniques to continue treatment on my own.
in Fairlawn, Oh |
Dr. Hurley is currently working with me on a sports injury and I made a good amount of progress. He has went above and beyond to help me with recovery and asking for my input. I highly recommend him.
in Stow, OH |
I have had two pinched nerves in my neck and both were resolved by Dr Hurley without medication and expensive doctor or PT visits. Most importantly was his concern for me as a person and not just another patient to make money. Dr Hurley and Dianne both really care about you and your wellness.
Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
Always very professional in every way. He and his staff are friendly and helpful. i would definitely recommend his services.
in Akron, OH |
My experience was excellent. My sister's husband recommended Dr.Hurley. I pinched my sciatic nerve. He taught me the proper exercises and by the 3rd visit I was good enough to just continue the exercises on my own. He made a slight adjustment but not a major adjustment. Dr Hurley focused on teaching me the proper things to do to help my recovery. I sincerely appreciate his help as well as my family's prayers for accelerated healing. Thank you Dr Hurley for your help!
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
Dr. Hurley listened carefully to me explaining what was bothering me and took the time to fully understand my ailments. His treatment decisions were always provided with an appropriate amount of explanation and education. Dr. Hurley always made me an active participant in my treatment and healing process.
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
I came to Dr. Hurley with chronic hip issues, after traditional medical care failed. His approach to care is so refreshing to me. After a few treatments, I am armed with a new belief system regarding my health and needed care. Dr. Hurley spent the time to understand my history of pain. He helped educate me as to why this is happening and gave me a very specific game plan that is working. I appreciate that he is not selling me on a plan that requires his constant care, rather, what I can do.
Have you seen Dr. John Hurley Jr, DC?
Are you Dr. Hurley Jr?