Counseling  |
John Gingras, LPC
John Gingras, LPC is a counseling provider who practices in Ashburn, VA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

21001 Sycolin Rd # 360

Ashburn, VA 20147

Learn about John Gingras

This content was provided by John Gingras "John uses a person-centered approach that focuses on a person's strengths and creativity. He works with individuals, couples, families, adolescents and children over the age of 5. John has a particular interest in facilitating quick results by using Brief Models of Psychotherapy to use in today's challenging world."

• Counseling

John Gingras does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Spiritual Problems

• Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Illinois @ Chicago
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Governors State University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • University Of Chicago Center For Psychiatric Rehabilitation
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Governors State University
    Other Education | Completed 1999

John Gingras has no awards or honors listed.

John Gingras has no media or publications listed.

John Gingras does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are John Gingras and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

John Gingras' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending John Gingras to family and friends
John Gingras' Performance
Paris, IDF |
Immediately, Dr. John acted like he was a real human being, not a stereotypcal therapist who stares quietly at you and occasionally asks, "And how do you FEEL about that?" He engages in a real conversation and he asks me questions when he doesn't understand something. He never assumes that he understands you just because he's worked with teenagers before. I was able to trust him right away. He never gave me more than I could handle.
Frederick, MD |
I have been going to John off and on for a while now (several years). He has always amazed me with his attention to detail and insight. He is very easy to talk to and really listens to what you have to say.
in Cleveland, OH |
It's always so hard to find a good therapist who you feel connected to, and who listens well. I found John online, somewhat by accident, and ended up seeing him for about 2 years. I was always so impressed by how attentively he listened to my (1st world) problems, and helped me to see patterns and make connections in my behavior that would eventually help me to pull myself out of my low place. I think back on his insights even today, although I've moved away and am doing much better.
in Falls Church, VA |
John has been very effective in helping me improve my emotional life and to develop my emotional intelligence. Mr. Gingras has guided me and helped me uncover my fears and weaknesses and showed ways to identify poor communications patterns with my wife and at work. I have been in a much better position to deal with very stressful situation and rescue my marriage.
in Centerville, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. John on and off again for so many years. He has helped me identify my blind spots. He is very professional and very flexible with scheduling. I highly recommend Dr. John.
in Sterling, VA |
I was surprised on how much he listened to me! He helped me improve my relationship with my parents so I could return to college.
in Chantilly, VA |
He was a good match for me. Other Therapists wanted to teach me about mindfulness. John asked me what I thought might work for me. He used a scientific approach asking me to keep track and rate my experiences of disturbances and in a few weeks he helped me realize that I can use my my own way of mental self coaching to lower my disturbances. I have been free of anxiety attacks for a month now!
in Danville, VA |
He helped be by identifying what I was already good and the skills I had and start by using them more. My self-confidence shot up and I was willing to learn a few more skills to handle problems I had for a long time.
in Leesburg, VA |
Good guy. Kept going to him after my ex-wife dropped out of marriage counseling.
in Springfield, VA |
He was kind and patient with me when it was hard to me to talk about my problem.
Have you seen John Gingras, LPC?
Are you John Gingras?