John Duffy, PT

Physical Therapy ·  Male · Age 54

John Duffy

John Duffy, PT is a physical therapist in Pittsburgh, PA. He specializes in physical therapy.

Make an appointment

John Duffy accepts

John Duffy accepts the following insurance:

Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if John Duffy treats your condition or procedure

• Orthopedic Rehabilitation
  • Physical Therapy
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Sports Injuries

I like to create an environment where patients actually have a good time going through their rehab, while incorporating evidence based practices, manual therapy and a lot of education. My goal is to not only fix the patients issues, but empower them to manage any residual deficits on their own once they are done with my care.

• Physical Therapy

John Duffy?
John Duffy's Performance
What People Say About John Duffy, PT
RecentMost Helpful
Duffy, as he prefers to be called, has treated me on several occasions over the years and has always done a great job in helping me to heal my issues. He is very professional and considerate when dealing with everyone's particular problem. I would recommend Duffy to everyone in need of physical therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
Duffy's care was exceptional! He was a kind, caring, and compassionate PT who made rehab a fun experience. He always had an eye on everyone to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to be doing correctly. He and the staff at Phoenix made you want to come back and get better! I highly recommend John Duffy. He was an awesome PT and fun to talk to. All the patients there were friendly as well. A successful experience rehabbing my hip and knee!
The treatment I received from John was the most effective Physical therapy
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
John did an amazing job to help me recover my back and knee pain. Staff, in particular, was so nice and they were so flexible to accommodate my frequent schedule changes. Thank you !
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
I had shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff, bone spurs and a few other issues. I chose Phoenix Rehab and John Duffy because of the many recommendations I got from so many people. Then my surgeon recommended him too. He did not disappoint me. He and his staff are just excellent at what they do. Excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
In 2014 Duffy (as he is known) helped me get back on the tennis court after right knee replacement. This year I came back after major surgery on my left knee and injury to my right shoulder. I’m glad I did. Thanks to the efforts of Duffy and his crack staff, I’m once again back on the tennis court. They know their stuff and you can tell how dedicated they are to achieving their goal: helping you restore maximum function to your impaired body parts. Serious, gentle care is always rendered.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
Have had "Duffy" for a previous surgery. His regimen is great and he helped me to understand what was going on and how it would effect doing things in the future. I have been under his care now for Pre-surgery physical therapy for rotator cuff surgery. I anticipate the post surgery will go reasonably well. Great personality! Made me want to come to therapy to get the issue resolved.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
I have been going to Duffy for at least 20 years. He has enabled me to work and enjoy my life without pain. He is an expert in what he does. Over the years he has treated me for back, knee, shoulder and ankle issues. He is GREAT! And, the staff at Phoenix PT in Greentree are professional and a pleasure. R. S. Rosen, Ph.D
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
John & his staff were very understanding of my re-hab from hip surgery, and worked to ensure my range of motion without undue pain. I previously went to a different facility for knee replacement re-hab, and the treatment and care I received from John was far superior.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
My total knee replacement surgery was very successful, thanks to Dr Nicholas Kubik. My physical therapy, lead by John Duffy was likewise very successful. I did twice a day exercises at home for fourty minutes and three times a week with Duffy at Phoenix. Duffy pushed me on a results oriented basis. He was sympathetic to my sentiments and adjusted PT as appropriate, always keeping me moving forward. I am able to alternately go down steps with ease, ride a bicycle and dance four nights a week.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
Duffy and the crew at Phoenix got me back to running when I thought I’d have to give it up. They were patient and friendly. I didn’t realize that PT could be so fun!
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
John Duffy is a knowledgeable, experienced, friendly and competent physical therapist. The thing I like the most about John is that he stretches out each one of his patients at some point during the appointment time. He puts his hands on the patient and exercises the range of motion in the problem joint or muscle. I went to four physical therapists before I found John Duffy, and none of the others ever put their hands on me and in so doing facilitated faster and better healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
Dr. Pat McMahon recommended John at Phoenix Rehab as the best around . John worked with me for over 14 weeks & my shoulder is like new . I have spoken to other patients while I was in rehab and they also only had positive comments about John & his staff . I highly recommend John Duffy to anyone who needs physical therapy
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
I’ve known John a long time. He’s the best. Worked on my father as well. Highly recommended!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
I Was in extreme pain, he made time for me with no appointment, and reduced my pain to a manageable level that day and eventually eliminated it with continued care! I really appreciated the care and expertise!
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
He is great and helped me with my knee pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
I went for treatment as a direct access patient for my hamstring problem. Not only John did diagnose it accurately, did a gr8 job of bringing me back where i wanted do. The office staffs and other assistants are courteous and great. Very highly reccomended. And if u r a football fan, u will enjoy the greentree office....
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
John and his staff are very efficient at what they do. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend them and there services to anyone I know that need physical therapy treatment. They help me out tremendously with my injury and getting me back on my job. I am very thankful that I was able to attend the facility. Thanks for everything! Paul J Paszkiewicz Jr.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
Awesome experience. Extremely knowledgeable. His team provided amazing results! Hopefully I never have to return but wouldn't think twice if I had to.
×Post a ResponseAre you John Duffy, PT?
I recently completed a course of treatment with John for rehab of my shoulder after rotator cuff surgery. I could not have been more pleased with my experience! John is professional, experienced, extremely knowledgeable, and caring. He always answered all questions fully to my satisfaction. He and the staff members at Phoenix were always friendly and accommodating. The relaxed atmosphere was one of encouragement and support. I actually miss going, and I most highly recommend John and his staff.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with John Duffy?

PHOENIX Rehabilitation and Health Services, Inc., Mt. Lebanon, PA