Dr. John Denboer, PHD

Neuropsychology ·  Male

Dr. Denboer

Dr. John Denboer, PHD is a neuropsychologist in Scottsdale, AZ and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine in 2007 and specializes in neuropsychology, clinical psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Denboer accepts

Dr. Denboer accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Denboer treats your condition or procedure

• Dementia
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

Vision Statement (personal):
My vision is to be an honest, dynamic, and authentic presence in the lives of others.  I aim to have a positive impact on my patients and a solid reputation as a thought leader within the scientific and medical...

• Neuropsychology

3.8

Dr. Denboer?
Dr. Denboer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Denboer, PHD
Dr. DenBoer is very hard working and knowledgeable in the area of dementia. His staff was easy to work with, and I enjoyed his feedback about my testing results. He made sure that I understood the testing and how to move forward. I am very happy that I came to his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I would like to update my review. Zero stars!!!! My experience with his office was very off-putting. I was shuttled in and out of different rooms, and tested by different employees, never the same one, twice. I spoke to Dr. Denboer and expressed my concerns. I didn't feel that he was listening as he was constantly on-the-go walking between offices and shuttling other people in the office. I asked if I could have my report in a certain time frame, to be mailed to both my physician and me. He said he would. My neurologist appointment came and went, with no report. I followed up with his office, and had to drive down there because no one answered the phones, and no one ever returned any of my voice mails. I finally received my report, which was nothing more than two or three sentences. What a joke! And then I received a denial on the EOB. His office hadn't submitted the claim properly. They sent it as mental health, not medical, so it went unpaid. Par for the course!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
While living in New Jersey, I struggled with multiple concussions from 2008 to 2013, back to back without proper healing. From day one, my first consultation, I had so many questions answered that it left me speechless. I have made SO much improvement. Dr Denboer has shown so much compassion and has always taken time to talk even in short notice; very accommodating in any matter. I have appreciated his honesty throughout my journey. Had i not met him, I would still be struggling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. Denboer is treating me for my cognitive decline from a TBI from a car injury. He is patient with me when my emotions are raw. He helps me to focus on positive things in my life and challenges me with tasks to complete each week to keep me moving forward.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer and his staff provided professional and customized care to my specific needs. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is knowledgeable in the field of neuropsychology. I would highly recommend SMART Brain Aging, Inc. services to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer is helping me a lot... His knowledge and expertise is very clear to me and I am feeling. the good results for now. Thanks Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
My granny is taking this visual therapy as she ha dementiaand it is slowing down the signs of dementia. Thanks to Dr. John Denboer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. Denboer did an evaluation in an assisted living home on my mother with Alzheimer's and billed her insurance without permission from me, her POA. When I called to ask about the charge, Dr. Denboer insisted I was not the POA. Very hard to get information from his office and Dr. Denboer was rude during all of our phone conversations and issue was never resolved to our satisfaction. Do not go to Dr. Denboer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I regularly recommend this place to my friends. Dr. John DenBoer is very informative and caring doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John has been an immeasurable source of guidance and support in my life. He is wise and caring with honest and helpful feedback. Most importantly, he is genuinely concerned about his patient's welfare and progress. I would give him 10 stars if I could.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John DenBoer is smart, compassionate and the consummate professional. I can't recommend his therapy enough! I started seeing him last year to deal with a difficult time of my life, and very happy with the outcomes. He deeply cares about his clients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I have been utilizing John's virtual brain training program for several months now with good results. I am very pleased with the changes I have been able to make. Dr. DenBoer has played a key role in achieving those results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I was so skeptical before meeting the Dr. John DenBoer. Now, several months later I cannot imagine how my life would be without him. John is wonderful at his skills. He is one of the most non-judgmental people I've ever met.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer has helped me to improve my mental condition. Now, We are working on increasing my memory capacity. So glad I found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John DenBoer is an incredible Doctor. He has changed my life tremendously. Before I started seeing him. I was suffering from intense memory problems. He helped me to think more clearly. Now, I am able to do every task very effectively.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John DenBoer has made such a positive change in my life. I am so grateful for him and his staff for all that they have done to help me regain my health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I have been coming to see Dr. John for year now regarding my dementia treatment. I am seeing much progress. Thank you, Dr. John.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer has really helped my Father through his diagnosis of Dementia. His SMART program has improved my Father's memory, it's an excellent program. The staff is warm and friendly. Excellent experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Lots of adverting! Lots is self aggrandizement! But not a good doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Awesome Doctor and great staff. I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone. What a refreshing way to be treated; with kindness and respect. Dr. DenBoer is a leader in his field and yet he is humble and compassionate. He really cares about his patients.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Denboer?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Denboer treats patients.