Dr. John Denboer, PHD

Neuropsychology •  Male

Dr. Denboer

SMART Brain Aging, Inc.

5111 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Dr. John Denboer, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Scottsdale, AZ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center and HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Denboer to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

See similar Neuropsychologists in Scottsdale

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Denboer accepts

Dr. Denboer accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Multiple Categories (10/9/2019)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Denboer treats your condition or procedure

• Dementia
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. John Denboer, PHD...

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Denboer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Denboer

3.5

Dr. Denboer?
100% snake oil. This guy has been sued to the moon and back and has been brought to court through AZ PSY board. On the hook for 1.5 million dollar loan, and is bankrupt.
Gerald – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Waited months and still no evaluation. Not sure what happened to my evaluation. Insurance was billed of course but after 6 months I give up. Apparently while waiting the evaluation Denboer was too busy as he was out of town and on vacation for several months. Must be nice to be able to take such an extended vacation while people wait for results.
Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I would advise you seek an alternative neuropsy for any needed evaluation other thanJohn DenBoer. This individual needs his own evaluation from a psychiatrist. Testing was less than the gold standard. An additional test had to be given, as the one given by DenBoer was deficient. I wish I had done my homework ahead, as I had learned most of his “google” and “vital” reviews are paid for. Shame
Adam – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
How is he allowed to practice? My loved one was so taken advantage of. This man is so self important, argues and tells you he’s an expert and that he is a doctor when you question him or his lame brain game sales pitch. He preys on vulnerable adults, and is more concerned for himself than Alzheimer’s. I learned that he is a self proclaimed expert after he hoodwinked my loved one. Shame on him. Steer clear. All those ads, journals, talks were paid for by him. If you find your loved one has been taken advantage please report him to AZ PSY board, to Medicare, and to Attorney General.
Johnathan – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
This person is a big scammer! He is scamming individuals and companies.
Do not do business with him – Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John DenBoer is the head of smart aging, smart brain aging brain U. I attended one of his presentations given at my mothers senior living community. I was shocked to hear that his game could cure dementia, and halt cognitive decline for those diagnosed with dementia. Obviously anyone suffering dementia and those who love those diagnosed would do just anything they could to keep from loosing those they love to this insidious disease. But that’s just where this hits you. Right in the heart strings and that is exactly where you should stop, and consult with the alz.org, alz institute, and Cleo Roberts research institute. I wish that we had consulted with them prior to allowing my mom to be charged. It was then we learned that Dr. DenBoer was investigated and on probation for fraud of the vulnerable. It took my mom a while to forget she was taken advantage of. Look up his license.
T Willingford – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Excellent neuropsychologist with great communication skills. Very professional and helpful. I’ve been seeing him since I had my stroke three years ago and he follows up regularly on my progress and cognitive therapy.
Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer is very hard working and knowledgeable in the area of dementia. His staff was easy to work with, and I enjoyed his feedback about my testing results. He made sure that I understood the testing and how to move forward. I am very happy that I came to his office.
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I would like to update my review. Zero stars!!!! My experience with his office was very off-putting. I was shuttled in and out of different rooms, and tested by different employees, never the same one, twice. I spoke to Dr. Denboer and expressed my concerns. I didn't feel that he was listening as he was constantly on-the-go walking between offices and shuttling other people in the office. I asked if I could have my report in a certain time frame, to be mailed to both my physician and me. He said he would. My neurologist appointment came and went, with no report. I followed up with his office, and had to drive down there because no one answered the phones, and no one ever returned any of my voice mails. I finally received my report, which was nothing more than two or three sentences. What a joke! And then I received a denial on the EOB. His office hadn't submitted the claim properly. They sent it as mental health, not medical, so it went unpaid. Par for the course!
May 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
While living in New Jersey, I struggled with multiple concussions from 2008 to 2013, back to back without proper healing. From day one, my first consultation, I had so many questions answered that it left me speechless. I have made SO much improvement. Dr Denboer has shown so much compassion and has always taken time to talk even in short notice; very accommodating in any matter. I have appreciated his honesty throughout my journey. Had i not met him, I would still be struggling.
Peoria, AZ – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. Denboer is treating me for my cognitive decline from a TBI from a car injury. He is patient with me when my emotions are raw. He helps me to focus on positive things in my life and challenges me with tasks to complete each week to keep me moving forward.
Tempe, AZ – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer and his staff provided professional and customized care to my specific needs. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is knowledgeable in the field of neuropsychology. I would highly recommend SMART Brain Aging, Inc. services to anyone.
Laura in Chandler, AZ – Sep 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. DenBoer is helping me a lot... His knowledge and expertise is very clear to me and I am feeling. the good results for now. Thanks Dr.
Marie – Mar 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
My granny is taking this visual therapy as she ha dementiaand it is slowing down the signs of dementia. Thanks to Dr. John Denboer.
Dan Abramovici in Scottsdale,Arizona – Nov 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. Denboer did an evaluation in an assisted living home on my mother with Alzheimer's and billed her insurance without permission from me, her POA. When I called to ask about the charge, Dr. Denboer insisted I was not the POA. Very hard to get information from his office and Dr. Denboer was rude during all of our phone conversations and issue was never resolved to our satisfaction. Do not go to Dr. Denboer.
Scottsdale AZ – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I regularly recommend this place to my friends. Dr. John DenBoer is very informative and caring doctor.
Austin Fuller – Sep 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John has been an immeasurable source of guidance and support in my life. He is wise and caring with honest and helpful feedback. Most importantly, he is genuinely concerned about his patient's welfare and progress. I would give him 10 stars if I could.
Mark Cook in Tempe, AZ – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
Dr. John DenBoer is smart, compassionate and the consummate professional. I can't recommend his therapy enough! I started seeing him last year to deal with a difficult time of my life, and very happy with the outcomes. He deeply cares about his clients.
Albert Shrapova in Tempe, AZ – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I have been utilizing John's virtual brain training program for several months now with good results. I am very pleased with the changes I have been able to make. Dr. DenBoer has played a key role in achieving those results.
Mariya Lavis in Mesa, AZ – Jun 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?
I was so skeptical before meeting the Dr. John DenBoer. Now, several months later I cannot imagine how my life would be without him. John is wonderful at his skills. He is one of the most non-judgmental people I've ever met.
david povel in Tempe, AZ – Jun 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Denboer, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Denboer?

Vision Statement (personal):

My vision is to be an honest, dynamic, and authentic presence in the lives of others.  I aim to have a positive impact on my patients and a solid reputation as a thought leader within the scientific and m...

• Neuropsychology
  • Clinical Neuropsychology
  • Clinical Psychology

2009
BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Denboer communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Denboer offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Denboer offer an online patient portal?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Denboer have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Denboer offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Denboer offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (480) 993-3879