Joan Blake, MALPC

Counseling ·  Female · Age 71

Joan Blake

Joan Blake, MALPC is a counselor in Oklahoma City, OK. She graduated from University Of Arkansas and specializes in counseling, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Joan Blake accepts

Joan Blake accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Blue Choice
Health Choice of Oklahoma
HealthChoice Basic
Medicaid
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check if Joan Blake treats your condition or procedure

Joan Blake's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief
  • Marital Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

The process is the same for every person who comes to me, but the therapy is tailored specifically  to each individual, depending on the issues you bring, your personal history and personality, and your preferences in therapy.  I view each ...

• Counseling

Joan Blake?
Joan Blake's Performance
What People Say About Joan Blake, MALPC
RecentMost Helpful
How she describes herself is perfectly true. She has helped us with very challenging family and personal issues. She understands the military family ( our life) and PTSD (me), andbis very skilled at asking good questions and addressing issues in a way you are “comfortable” with. Excellent counselor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
I selected Joan Blake because of her experience working with military clients. As a former service member and military spouse, certain issues were very specific to that experience—and Blake’s experience was integral to tackling specific issues. Joan Blake is compassionate, skilled, and provides guidance in a way that creates a safe space for discussion and healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
It was recommended to me to see a Counselor for my extremely high emotions and anxiety. I was advised to find one that I could connect with. From the first appointment, Joan and I have connected. She's a Christian. She's very kind and caring. She listens and shows compassion to her clients and family members. She's well educated and experienced in her field. She's very organized. She's just the best. I'm very thankful for her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
I have been to two other counslors in OKC area Joan is by far the best. She took time to listen to my issues and needs. She treat me as an individual and not a number. She is calm and respectful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
I have been seeing Joan Blake for a few months now and have made leaps and bounds in my mental health. She has helped me see the world and my relationships with a healthier perception and has provided many tools for how to do so. She offers guidance and alternative points of view while never being judgmental. Most importantly, she is kind an genuine--you feel comfortable talking about deeply personal issues. I highly recommend visiting Joan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
Found Joan when I was very scared and lost. She helped me get back on track and rationally face my fears Now I have new tools and thoughts to use to stay happy in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
Mrs. Blake completely changed my life. I sought her counseling form September 2017-March 2018; I came to her as a depressed anxiety self loathing individual with no self confidence and fear of standing up to others. She geared challenges that fit my own personal character; she gave me LIFE LONG tools to help me change my mind process, to challenge thoughts, and different copping mechanisms. I will always be grateful for her changing my life, I am now a self confident, proud fearless woman!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
The counseling atmosphere here is very pleasant. Joan listens to and helps you cope with your fellings. I have a lot of ongoing and worsening physical problems (sight loss in 1 eye) etc. she has suggestions and ideas for things that really help me. I was very resistant to counseling I did not think it would be of any help to me but she has definitely proved me wrong I always fell positive when I leave the office. Also when I leave I have hope even if it was all but gone when I went in to see her
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?
Joan was wonderful when helping me get through a difficult time in my life. I needed to make a change and instead of recommending that change she led me to make the conclusion myself. She also helped me change my negative thinking patterns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Joan Blake, MALPC?

How was your experience with Joan Blake?

Silent Partner LLC