Jessica Masterson, CDE

Jessica Masterson, CDE

Dietetics  ·
Female
Jessica Masterson, CDE is a dietitian in Buffalo, NY. She specializes in dietetics, endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, and more.Read her story

3980 Sheridan Dr Ste 401

Buffalo, NY 14226

• Fidelis Care
  • Independent Health
  • Univera Healthcare

Learn about Jessica Masterson

Jessica Masterson's bio

This content was provided by Jessica Masterson "As a Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian and type 1 diabetic I have a passion for helping people optimize their health and maintain their blood sugars. I can provide nutrition education and meal plans that promote healthy blood glucose levels, assist in diabetes related device use (insulin pumps, glucometers, bolus advisors and continues glucose monitors) and educate on medication use.I am focused on providing patients with the tools and resources to gain and maintain control of health through education, device use, medication and nutrition. I can effectively collaborate with patients, healthcare providers and industry professionals to best meet the needs of the patient and the goals of the health care provider. My greatest strength is my passion for helping patients by providing them with the education and knowledge to optimize their health. I take pride in my ability to be empathetic and listen to patients; paying special attention to their motivational level and readiness to change. I graduated from the State University of New York College at Buffalo in 2008 with a Bachelor of Science from the Coordinated Program in Dietetics. During my time at Buffalo State I gained 1100 clinical experience hours integrating classroom knowledge into practice developing and monitoring nutrition care plans for patients with a variety of conditions. I spent time at Buffalo General Hospital, Erie Community Medical Center and Women and Children's Hospital with community experiences at Women Infants and Children, Erie County Office of the Aging, Meals on Wheels and AIDS Community Services. I passed the dietetics registration exam in August 2008 and became a Registered Dietitian (RD). In 2013 after obtaining 1000 hours of professional practice in diabetes education I sat for and passed the examination to become a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE). Prior to Buffalo State I obtained an Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson & Wales University. My background in culinary arts and education in nutrition sciences allows me to bring the practicalities and sciences of healthy eating together in a way that most benefits clients and patients. I began my career at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center where I worked as an inpatient and outpatient dietitian. I provided care to patients in the ICU, the surgical unit, telemetry unit and on the adult mental health unit. In addition to spending time on all of the nursing units I also worked in the Diabetes & Endocrinology Center and the Metabolic & Bariatric Services program. I coordinated and instructed group education as well as individual one on one counseling. All of these roles gave me the opportunity to effectively work in partnership with a variety of health care team members, patients and patient families to provide the most effective care for the patient. In the Diabetes & Endocrinology Center I proved individual and group diabetes and nutrition education. I coordinated a monthly Living with Diabetes Class and promoted health in the community. As a member of the Metabolic & Bariatric Services program I provided weight loss education and pre and post-operative nutrition education. More recently I worked as a clinical specialist on the sales team at Roche Diabetes Care the makers of Accu-Check products. I had the opportunity to work closely with health care providers and patients to optimize their health and diabetes control. I provided insulin pump, glucometer and bolus advice training in addition to nutrition and diabetes education. Nutrition and our relationship with food is the cornerstone of a healthy and happy lifestyle. My desire is to help people understand the importance of nutrition and the impact it has on their lives."

This content was provided by Jessica Masterson "There are many things that effect the health of an individual with diabetes; food and nutrition are two of the biggest things that you have the most control over. As an RDN CDE, I can provide valuable insight into how your food choices are affecting your diabetes. In addition, I can help you understand your medications, practice effective blood glucose testing, comprehend your blood glucose results, navigate the social and economical impacts of diabetes and understand all of the tools and technology available to help you manage your diabetes."

• Dietetics
  • Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Metabolic Nutrition
  • Nutrition Education
  • Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Jessica Masterson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Blood Sugar Monitoring
  • Breath Testing
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Hydrogen Breath Test (HBT)
  • Insulin Pump Therapy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008

Jessica Masterson has no awards or honors listed.

Jessica Masterson has no media or publications listed.

Jessica Masterson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jessica Masterson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jessica Masterson's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Jessica Masterson to family and friends
Are you Jessica Masterson?