Jessica Jarrard, LCSW

Jessica Jarrard, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Jessica Jarrard, LCSW is a psychotherapist in Frisco, TX. She specializes in psychotherapy, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read her story

9555 Lebanon Rd Ste 903

Frisco, TX 75035

• Value Options

Learn about Jessica Jarrard

Jessica Jarrard's bio

This content was provided by Jessica Jarrard "I grew up in New York City, in a family of medical professionals. My grandparents were trained analysts, so the language of therapy was a natural one for me. I attended an international high school, and grew up in a city rich with diversity. I am the third of four children. I am fortunate to have grown up in a family that provided many opportunities to grow through education, travel, and hard work. I moved from Manhattan in my early twenties to live in the Bay Area (California) where I completed my undergrad and graduate studies. After many years living and working in northern California, I settled with my daughter in Dallas, Texas. I obtained my Texas clinical license in 1999, and have worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings. I have kept a private practice in Dallas, Carrollton, and Frisco since 1999. In 2006, I decided to transition into full time private practice at my current location (in Frisco). I have been seeing clients at this office for over ten years now, and my clients frequently tell me that when they are in my office, they feel "safe" and "at home." These are words I deeply value, as that is my aim. "

This content was provided by Jessica Jarrard "The therapeutic process is an active one between you and I.  My responsibilities to you are to provide a safe, non-judgemental, and confidential space in which to learn about yourself, and begin to make the changes you are seeking. The therapeutic relationship is the place to practice communication skills, make mistakes and overcome them safely, and develop a healthier and more confident sense of self.

Your responsibilities to therapy are to come in with a willingness to be completely honest, and to be the leader in your own change. I am happy to help you develop your treatment goals, but it is up to you to practice the skills and use the insights you learn in session to further your growth.

Therapy does not happen in just the hour spent in my office. Therapeutic change happens when the processes experienced in the therapy hour are then generalized into your every day life. I provide the venue to develop self-awareness and you make it count by living in a more meaningful way. "

• Psychotherapy
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Jessica Jarrard does not have any board certifications listed.

• Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy

• Barnard College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • San Francisco State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Sonoma State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990

Jessica Jarrard has no awards or honors listed.

Jessica Jarrard has no media or publications listed.

Jessica Jarrard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jessica Jarrard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jessica Jarrard's Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Jessica Jarrard to family and friends

Jessica Jarrard's Performance

Absolutely a pleasure to see and work with. She's not only well equipped to help you become the best version of yourself, she truly cares. Her ability to treat patients speaks for itself- she has had a long running practice. Her innate sense of caring is apparent through personal interaction- she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Jessica is beyond AMAZING!!!!!!! She truly has a gift from God. She is the one I give credit to for saving my daughter when she was in 8th grade and was suffering from depression and was considering suicide. She cares deeply for her clients and their families. She is not just an appointment only...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would recommend family and friend because she seems to be the 1st therapist I have been able to talk with. Her demmener is calm, honest and trustworthy. The only the teapots I have been completely honest with everything and can tell here anything and she doesn't condiscind me only if I am...more
Are you Jessica Jarrard?