Jessica McCormack, MFT

Jessica McCormack, MFT

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Jessica McCormack, MFT is a marriage & family therapist in Burr Ridge, IL. She specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

1333 Burr Ridge Pkwy Ste 200

Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Learn about Jessica McCormack

Jessica McCormack's bio

This content was provided by Jessica McCormack "I have known I wanted to be a therapist since the age of 14 when I read a book called Kissing Doorknobs; a fictional book about a teenage girl who developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Becoming fascinated by this, I started reading self help books, psychology text books, and scholarly articles on psychology, mental health, and therapy. I have followed a path that would allow me to help others. In 2009 I graduated from Edgewood College with a B.S. in Psychology and in 2011 with a M.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy. I have worked in group homes, on a mobile crisis team, a non-profit outpatient clinic, and have been in private practice since 2015. I am a Clinical Fellow with the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists. I have lead discussions for parents and couples around the Burr Ridge community to educate and inform them on ways to best parent and enrich their marriages."

This content was provided by Jessica McCormack "I think it's important that a client determines the path of their treatment alongside their provider. I believe that my client's are the experts in their own lives, and with my assistance they can gain the insight they need to overcome struggles, challenges and move on from what's holding them back. I ask my clients for feedback often, knowing how hard it is to open up and create change in one's self. I like to push my clients to strive to make differences and also encourage them to tell me if they want more or less out of our work together. I think it's also important that my clients understand the work that therapy does for them, so I like to educate them on the tools I provide them in session. Clients will gain a better understanding of themselves as well as the therapeutic process while working with me."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Sex Therapy
  • Women's Counseling

Jessica McCormack does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Emotional Stress
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sexual Desire Disorders
  • Sexual Disorders
  • Stress

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Mindfulness Technique Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Edgewood College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2009
  • The Family Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011

Jessica McCormack has no awards or honors listed.

Jessica McCormack has no media or publications listed.

Jessica McCormack does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jessica McCormack and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jessica McCormack's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Jessica McCormack?

How was your experience with Jessica McCormack?