Dr. Jennifer Cox, ED.D

Dr. Jennifer Cox, ED.D

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Jennifer Cox, ED.D is a counselor in Edmond, OK and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from Southern Nazarene University in 2004 and specializes in counseling, individual counseling, and more.Read her story

3917 E Memorial Rd

Edmond, OK 73013

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • GlobalHealth, Inc.
  • Oklahoma Health Network

Learn about Dr. Cox

Dr. Cox's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cox "Prior to entering into private practice, I was employed as an inpatient therapist by Integris Mental Health for 6 years. Prior to working at Integris Health, I was employed at the Parent's Assistance Center and was involved in the development of the curriculum for therapeutic play groups for children ages 3 to 12. I received a dedication of service award for my work on the curriculum and with the children. I am also honored as 1 of 500 Licensed Professional Counselors in the world to be included as an advisor and contributor to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5. My other interests include researching complementary and alternative options in psychotherapy and healthcare. I tailor my client's treatment to meet his or her specific needs. I believe my personal strengths are the ability to remain accepting, respectful, and genuine. I was born and raised in Oklahoma City, OK and in my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family of 5, reading, and the outdoors."

This content was provided by Dr. Cox "I believe that for counseling to be effective, both you and I must be actively involved in the goal setting and assessment process. This process will require in and out of session work for both of us. At times these changes in self perception, insight, and behavior may feel uncomfortable for you, but with practice, will become more routine. I believe that a trusting working relationship between therapist and client is very important. I am comfortable working with clients of various cultures."

• Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Women's Counseling

Dr. Cox does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Southern Nazarene University
  • Parent's Assistance Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • American School Of Professional Psychology Phoenix, Az
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Dr. Cox has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cox has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cox does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cox and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cox's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cox to family and friends

Dr. Cox's Performance

Dr. Cox is amazing! From the beginning I felt comfortable and trusting of how she was able to help me. She is empathetic, resourceful, and genuine. I wouldn't be the person I am today without her help!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cox is compassionate and incredibly insightful, thoughtful, and intelligent. She not only provides me with helpful resources outside the session, but is also flexible and accommodating to client needs and schedules. She cares about her patients, and it's communicated in the way she practices. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cox has been a great help for me in managing my mental health. She listens well and is a good communicator with feedback AND ideas to help. I've always felt better after a visit with her and would highly recommend Dr. Cox to anyone needing help.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have been to a couple of therapists over the last few years and so far she has been the best. Listens well to concerns and answers any questions that you may have while also helping you deal with what's needed to deal with. All in all I have found her to be awesome
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cox is prompt, informative, and empathetic. She has been very helpful in teaching me to exercise self-awareness. She's also has blessed me with personal recommendations for either fun or self-improvement. She has helped me remember my past reflections and account for them in my future...more
Are you Dr. Cox?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Addiction Counseling