Psychiatry  |
Female
Jennifer Bowen, NP
Jen is a graduate of Tulane University and Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions. She is currently board certified as a family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). .

Ocean Mental Health Services

81 Nautilus Dr

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

• Amerihealth
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Jennifer Bowen

• Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Community Psychiatry
  • Eating Disorders
  • Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Jennifer Bowen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Mood Changes
  • Mood Disorders
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Self-Esteem Problems
  • Self-Injury Behavior
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Social Phobia

• Antidepressant Therapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Tulane University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2009
  • MGH
    Medical School | Graduated 2015

Jennifer Bowen has no awards or honors listed.

Jennifer Bowen has no media or publications listed.

Jennifer Bowen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jennifer Bowen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jennifer Bowen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Jennifer Bowen to family and friends
4.3
Jennifer Bowen's Performance
New York, NY |
Went to her a few times and waited over an hour and she seemed overwhelmed during appointment
Brooklyn, NY |
Bowen is truly amazing at her job. She takes the time to listen and understand her patients and does not rush the process at all. She truly makes you feel as if you are her only patient for that day. Bowen's remarkable intelligence is matched only by the care and compassion she displays for all patients.
Bowen may listen to you about your condition, but she will project her own prejudices and preconceived notions about it/them over you. She will prescribe medications that she BELIEVES are effective for your condition, despite what *actual* medical research might say, because she will, again, project her own prejudices and preconceived notions about certain medications over you. She's one of those "I'm the doctor, so only I know best" types despite not actually BEING a "real doctor".
in Middletown, NJ |
I have a friend who brings her child to see Dr Bowen and has had a VERY positive experience with her. She said Dr Bowen was kind and very compassionate toward her child. I wanted to bring my child to see her - but she was not in my network. My husband got a new job recently and we specifically selected Oxford so we could be in network with Dr Bowan. I was so happy!!! I just called the office and she is not accepting new patients. I am so disappointed. They suggested I call back in a month
Briarcliff, NY |
I was lucky to find Jen. She is a truly compassionate provider an excellent listener. She does not make you feel rushed at all and you can tell she's a thinker and eager to provide solutions for her patients. A very worthwhile visit
in Boston, MA |
My experience with Jen has been great-she is kind, thoughtful and professional.
in Fair Haven, NJ |
Overall poor experience. I thought was highly rated but left me and my child disappointed. No follow through as she promised with local resources. My child had a reaction to a med she prescribed and it took 8 days to gwt a return call after 7 msgs. Was extremely unhelpful while our present adolescent psychiatrist has left both me and my daughter feeling 1000 times better with better med management and resources.
in Brick , NJ |
Brought my daughter in and met with Jen. What a delight to finally find somebody in the field that shows as much care for her patient as us parents do! She is compationate and genuinely wants to help her clients...a very pleasant surprise. I would highly recommend her to anyone who shares the same trouble I once had.
in Brookline, MA |
Jen was the most helpful and caring doctor that I have ever been to. She listened to all my concerns and after the first session I already felt 100 times better. I can't wait until the next session.
Have you seen Jennifer Bowen, NP?
Are you Jennifer Bowen?

Visit Jennifer Bowen

Jennifer Bowen accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Amerihealth
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey