Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP

Psychiatry •  Female

Dr. Bowen

Ocean Mental Health Services

81 Nautilus Dr Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP is a psychiatry specialist in Manahawkin, NJ and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from MGH Institute of Health Professions in 2015 and specializes in psychiatry, pediatric psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Bowen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bowen

4.3

74.19354838709677%
9.67741935483871%

Dr. Bowen?
Dr. Bowen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP
I cant even begin to explain how much Dr Bowen has helped me these past couple of months. I came to her broken and helpless, only to find her open minded and VERY helpful. She asked me QUESTION after QUESTION, making sure she identified everything that was going on in my life and my head at the moment. I felt like she actually cared what was going on in my head rather than just trying to find some medication to put me on. Some Doctors like to talk to you, not listen. Dr Bowen listens and evaluates your current situation. I highly recommend Dr. Bowen and I honestly believe anyone in her care is on the right path to a brighter and happier future
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
I was a new patient to Jennifer Bowen. She prescribed me a new medication , I called multiple times and emailed about having side effects no one ever called back. Finally called for the 3rd or 4th time and spoke to a nurse I’ve never met before, he said stop taking meds and they’ll get back to me. That was THREE WEEKS AGO. They don’t take mental healthy seriously. It’s terrible .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
Jennifer Bowen, is such a remarkable woman and she has been a godsend to me. I've moved to Pennsylvania and I'm so upset that I can't see her anymore. She is greatly missed by me. You would be lucky to have her as you Nurse Practitioner, she is an amazing person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
I was a patient of a Jennifer’s when she worked at the Nes England Center for Mental Health in Massachusetts. She was very good at listening and diagnosing problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
Jennifer is a wonderful, kind, and knowledgeable person that clearly cares for her patients. She always takes the time to explain everything about any medication prescribed, Because of my personal situation it took me many years to even feel comfortable to seek help, and trust the person. I am grateful for Jennifer and will be sure to follow her to whatever practice she is practicing at.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
Went to her a few times and waited over an hour and she seemed overwhelmed during appointment
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
Bowen is truly amazing at her job. She takes the time to listen and understand her patients and does not rush the process at all. She truly makes you feel as if you are her only patient for that day. Bowen's remarkable intelligence is matched only by the care and compassion she displays for all patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
Bowen may listen to you about your condition, but she will project her own prejudices and preconceived notions about it/them over you. She will prescribe medications that she BELIEVES are effective for your condition, despite what *actual* medical research might say, because she will, again, project her own prejudices and preconceived notions about certain medications over you. She's one of those "I'm the doctor, so only I know best" types despite not actually BEING a "real doctor".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
I have a friend who brings her child to see Dr Bowen and has had a VERY positive experience with her. She said Dr Bowen was kind and very compassionate toward her child. I wanted to bring my child to see her - but she was not in my network. My husband got a new job recently and we specifically selected Oxford so we could be in network with Dr Bowan. I was so happy!!! I just called the office and she is not accepting new patients. I am so disappointed. They suggested I call back in a month
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?
I was lucky to find Jen. She is a truly compassionate provider an excellent listener. She does not make you feel rushed at all and you can tell she's a thinker and eager to provide solutions for her patients. A very worthwhile visit
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Bowen, DNP?

How was your experience with Dr. Bowen?

Jen is a graduate of Tulane University and Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions. She is currently board certified as a family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).

• Psychiatry

2009
Tulane University
Middlebury College

Dr. Bowen accepts

Dr. Bowen accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Federal Employee Program (FEP)
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Dr. Bowen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Bowen treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 5% of her peers

Dr. Bowen treats this condition more than 5% of her peers

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Bowen treats Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) more than 5% of her peers

Adjustment Disorder

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Chronic Mental Disorders
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychosis
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bowen treats patients.

Emerson Hospital

Concord, MA

78% Patient experience rating, 9% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)