Optometry  |
Dr. Jeffrey Silbernagel, OD
Dr. Jeffrey Silbernagel, OD is an optometry provider who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

10745 Kingston Pike # Costco

• Low Vision Rehabilitation
  • Occupational Optometry
  • Pediatric Optometry
  • Vision Therapy

Dr. Silbernagel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Allergic Conjunctivitis

• Post-Operative Care
  • Punctal Plug Insertion
  • Retinal Testing
  • Soft Contact Lenses

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of New Orleans
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • University Of Houston / College Of Optometry
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Little Rock Va Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Lsu Eye Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Silbernagel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Silbernagel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Silbernagel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silbernagel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Silbernagel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Silbernagel to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Silbernagel's Performance
in Knoxville, TN |
Great communication; highly professional; excellent results
in Knoxville, TN |
Very professional, informative, & pleasant experience with Dr. Silbernagel. My whole family has been--even our small kids. The Retinal Imaging equipment was impressive & he was very thorough w/ his exam (& not rushed). I never had any billing issues as the admin staff was helpful & friendly. The location at Costco was clean, convenient, & very accommodating (even when I asked for an appointment the same day). Highly recommend Dr. S as well as filling eye Rx at the optical center inside Costco!
Knoxville TN |
Great doctor. Great service. Anything affiliated with Costco is great.
in Knoxville, TN |
I recently moved to Knoxville and needed to find a Optometrist as good as the one we left (10 years of great service) last year. I believe my wife and I have found a good replacement. Doctor Silbernagel paid close attention to my eyesight needs, providing me with a good prescription for Multifocal Contacts and Glasses. It's not easy, for me, to get a good fit for my Multifocal requirements. He did an excellent job. He recently prescribed my wife's needs. I will let her tell you about her visit.
Kingston, TN |
Dr. Silbernagel explained the cause of irritation in my eyes and used visual tools to show me what it looked like to him. He explained how this could be treated, and the process for utilizing my medical insurance to help cover the costs.
in Oak Ridge, TN |
I recently brought my 15 yr old daughter in for an eye exam with Dr. Silbernagel. She loved Dr. Jeff! She said he was very friendly. Not like a regular Dr! Lol.
in Oak Ridge,TN |
I had a great experience with Dr. Silbernagel! I was very impressed with his Retinal Imaging camera, being Diabetic, was nice to know i could get all my tests in one place! They took care of any billing that needed to be done! I am very pleased with the Dr., As well as, his staff! They were very friendly and caring. I will definitely recommend him to all my friends and family!!
Loudon, TN |
Dr. Silbernagel is a very friendly guy who appears to know what he is doing. He changed my contact prescription and I'm seeing better than ever. I had to have a very specific test done due to a medical condition and he was able to perform the test with no problem and has arranged for follow up appointments to monitor the condition. His staff was friendly and helpful as well. I will definitely be going back.
in Knoxville, TN |
He was very thorough. Explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. I thought the billing was very easy. One specific price for each exam. The whole process was very structured. I like that. The whole staff was so nice and helpful.
in Knoxville, TN |
Great experience for my contact exam and fitting. He took time and listened to my questions and concerns. Office staff very nice.
in Loudon, TN |
Have had the opportunity to receive Eye Care from Dr. Silbernagel on several occasions the past 12 months. The first visit was for a normal routine eye exam. I was very satisfied with the visit, no problems or with Billing also. Second occasion was for follow up on Cataract Surgery in Sept 2015. Once again , I was completely satisfied with his professional manner and care. The third visit was for a follow up on the Shingles Virus in my eye in Feb. 2016. Once again, satisfied care.
The eye exam was standard but the billing was very shady. I have vision insurance that covers a yearly exam in full, yet somehow when I go to check out I owe $95. Additional charges where not discussed or disclosed previously. Then the final straw that led me to write my review was I received a bill for an additional $125. $220 charged for what should have been a fully covered visit! They say I am being charged for a medical procedure. If cleaning an eye lid with a q-tip is a medical procedure!!
Crossville, TN |
The office staff told me that this practice was in network with my insurance when I made the appointment, but then told me they weren't in network when I got there. The exam charges we double what the insurance covered. The office staff was misleading and not forthcoming about the charges. The exam was fine, but the office practice stinks! Beware of the charges!
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Silbernagel, OD?
Are you Dr. Silbernagel?