Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD

NeuropsychologyMale

Dr. O'Koon

O'Koon Psychology Group

3633 W Lake Ave Ste 406 Glenview, IL 60026

Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Glenview, IL. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. O'Koon to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. O'Koon treats your condition or procedure

Dr. O'Koon's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Memory Disorders
  • Neuropsychological Testing

Dr. O'Koon accepts

Dr. O'Koon accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. O'Koon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Koon

3.8

Dr. O'Koon?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Wait times (17)
  • Office environment (16)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
Maybe this would be a good practice for someone in elementary/middle school, but as a college freshman it was horrible, Went in for ADHD testing, was not taken seriously, met Dr. O’Koon for all of 10 minutes and spent the rest of the testing time with a high school counselor, not an ADHD specialist. Was told “you don’t seem like you have a mood disorder like depression” and felt entirely invalidated during the whole process. Even though I was 18 they treated me like a child and really only seemed to care about the opinions of my parents. Overall a very terrible experience and I would find somewhere else if you are older than 12.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 03, 2021
We want to assure you that our providers are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?
He's outstanding. I'm a high school teacher in the North Shore, and I had pretty high expectations. Dr. O'Koon exceeded them. The tests were very thorough, his communication was excellent, and his insights are truly helpful. A lot of things about our child made sense after discussing the evaluation. I recommend him wholeheartedly.
Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr. O'Koon. We have had multiple children evaluated by him. In each case, he has provided detailed reports and recommendations that have been instrumental in helping our family and our school ensure academic success. In addition to his insight, he is a very effective communicator. Dr. O'Koon has made himself available to participate in multiple school meetings to facilitate implementation of accommodations etc... He has also made excellent recommendations for providers of occ
May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?
My family is grateful to Dr. O'Koon and his staff for the way they have advocated for our son these past three years and provided the right tools to help him succeed academically and socially. After seeing MANY specialists, Dr. O'Koon is the ONLY ONE who we felt truly understood what we were going through and knew how to help us and has! All his recommendations and resource specialists he refers us to are top notch and I trust him 100%. You can tell he has a passion for what he does everyday.
Highland Park – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?
I have had both Dr. O'Koon and one of his associates test two of my children. I felt both evaluations answered the questions we wanted answered. Dr. O'Koon has helped us set up my daughter's 504 plan in school, and is available to help guide us when issues arise.
Highland Park, IL – Oct 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?
Dr. O’Koon and his team were wonderful. They saw our daughter three different times and knew exactly what was going on with her. At the final meeting, Dr. O'Koon explained her disability and what to now expect. He was patient and answered all our questions. Dr. O'Koon gave us a list of providers that he recommended and how to approach the school for getting an IEP. He is even going to come to the school meetings with us, if we want. Overall, a very positive experience.
Northbrook, Il – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?
I would've given 0 stars if I could have. Although he is a nice enough guy, he was absolutely useless in helping me with my son with adhd. I had my parent mtg and explained my son's behavior issues, which basically stem from anxiety. I told him he would not come into his office happily. Dr. O'Koon seemed to act like that was fine. But, then when I brought my son in on the day of his evaluation, the dr. told me he couldn't see him if he did not come in willingly. My main concern is his behavior!
Round Lake, IL – Jul 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey O'Koon, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Koon?

• Neuropsychology