Dr. Jeffrey McAlister, DPM

Dr. Jeffrey McAlister, DPM

Podiatric Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey McAlister, DPM is a podiatric surgery doctor who practices in Sun City West, AZ. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

14520 W Granite Valley Dr Ste 210

Sun City West, AZ 85375

• Access Care
  • Anthem
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. McAlister

See how frequently Dr. McAlister performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
Foot Conditions
Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open

Dr. McAlister's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McAlister's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McAlister "Jeffrey E. McAlister, DPM is a fellowship-trained and board certified foot and ankle surgeon specializing in advanced foot and ankle reconstruction, sports medicine, primary and revision total ankle replacements, trauma and limb salvage. He is dedicated to advancing quality patient care, educating the medical community through national and international lectures, and publishing on new surgical techniques. Dr. McAlister completed a prestigious orthopedic foot and ankle fellowship in Columbus, Ohio at the Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center under Drs. Christopher Hyer, Gregory Berlet and Terrence Philbin. This extensive year comprised of high volume surgery, research, and practice management. Research interests during his year involved bunion correction, total ankle replacements, and biologics in foot and ankle. Here he specifically trained on the Inbone/Prophecy, Salto Talaris, and STAR total ankle systems. His mentors are pioneers in the realm of foot and ankle surgery and this was the most influential year of his career. Dr. McAlister completed an extensive residency-training program in the busy suburbs of northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. The INOVA Fairfax Hospital Podiatric Residency has a distinct advantage with specialized training in orthopedic trauma, adult and pediatric reconstruction, and diabetic limb salvage including Charcot deformity. Specific rotations included internal medicine, infectious diseases, vascular surgery, emergency medicine, and general surgery. Here, he served as Chief Resident for the Limb Salvage Service at Georgetown University Hospital under Drs. John Steinberg and Chris Attinger. The Limb Salvage Service is a dedicated team at Georgetown whose focus are diabetic ulcer prevention, limb salvage and reconstructive plastic surgery. Dr. McAlister began a rigorous four years of specialized medical training in podiatric medicine and surgery. During his tenure, he enjoyed teaching students, performing research and student lectures. He began his career at the University of Iowa studying Biologic Sciences, where he first aspired to work in the medical field. Dr. McAlister is board certified in reconstructive rearfoot/ankle surgery and foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. He is also a fellow member of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS) and a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)."

This content was provided by Dr. McAlister "I take care in treating my patients as if they were family.  Your ankles and feet are especially important for every day function and activity. My focus is getting the patient back to their favorite sport or Arizona activity as quickly as possible.  Here at The CORE Institute, we have a prime focus on a team approach and on education.  My team that surrounds me is an integral part of the rehabilitation process and we strive to please each and every patient."

• Podiatric Surgery

• Heel Spur
  • High Arch
  • Ingrown Toenail
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Open Reduction Internal Fixation (ORIF) of Metatarsal Fracture
  • Reconstructive Ankle Surgery
  • Revision of Failed Total Joint Replacement
  • Tendon Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Iowa
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • Temple University / Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Inova Fairfax Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Clinic-Columbus Ohio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. McAlister has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McAlister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McAlister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McAlister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McAlister to family and friends
Dr. McAlister's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
As a patient of Dr. Jeffrey McAlister, I was over the moon with my surgery/reconstruction with my ankle and such. His bed time manner was very confrontable,polite and detailed to the operation. Dr.s staff was caring,polite every appointment. Kenneth also added great humor as well as keeping me very informed on what was going on. Pain management after a day of the surgery BLEW MY MIND! I only needed the less amount of pain medicine to use. It is healing better and fast within weeks
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr McAlister took great care of me when I tore my Achilles tendon. I made a full recovery and feel that he is an excellent , well trained surgeon with a great bed side manner. He even took the time to call me back personally after hours. I highly recommend him
Thank you for your rating!
El Mirage |
His bedside manner was spot-on, not to mention his great skill with repairing his torn tendon! He truly is a lifesaver if you have any type of foot or ankle issues, do not hesitate to call Dr. McAllister! He has the skill, wisdom, empathy, and care to exceed anyone’s expectations as he certainly did ours!!
in Goodyear, AZ |
Excellent diagnostician and provides detailed explanation of evaluation and treatment plan.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I selected Dr. McAlister as my surgeon based on his academic background, residency, fellowship and board certifications and his experience with ankle reconstructive surgery. He has treated me with professionalism and care as well as being medically diligent by explaining how he was going to fix my ankle, so I could walk again. He has a pleasant demeanor. I felt safe in his hands. He is a competent, well-credentialed podiatric surgeon and a first-rate bedside manner. Best choice to help you heal!
in Phoenix |
Dr. McAllister is one of the best doctor's I have ever seen.. I would recommend him to anyone.. I want to thank him for putting my foot back together..
Sun City West |
Dr Jeffrey did such an amazing job getting my son back on his feet again after a nasty break. I'm so happy he was my son's doctor. Thank you so much Dr. Mcallister for all your hard work, time and dedication to helping me and my son.
phoenix, az |
Super personal, great explanation of my sons injury and what to expect from future healing. Great guy
in Phoenix, AZ |
Great doctor very personable very fast and efficient and a joy to be around was in out in a flash and cured my planner fasciitis I couldn't of asked for more five stars plus
in Surprise, AZ |
I was suspect before seeing and meeting Dr. McAlister. (My uncle, and three cousins are all DPM's and my uncle told me to always go to a podiatrist when you need to, but NEVER let him operate on you.) When I met Dr. McAlister he understood my problem and was able to elimiate it with a simple injection. Today is the day after the injection and it appears that the majority of my pain is gone. Most of what I feel now is residual from the shot - well done.
in ,Glendale,AZ |
I was so glad to have found the good Dr., as I could not put weight on my right ankle due to a past trauma. After an X-Ray Dr. McAlister saw that an injection of Pain medicine and a Steroid was applicable. I was able to walk with out the use of my cane. I am able to turn over my foot as I walk, as the bones grumble but realize they are to do their JOB.
Peoria, AZ |
Very helpful and explained the procedure. Patient friendly. Great staff.
Thank you for your positive feedback!
in Surprise AZ |
Reasons to recommend this doctor over others: #1 Doesn't make me feel stupid for asking questions #2 Answers those questions so that I understand even if that means showing me so I can picture what will happen #3 Looks out for my best interests. Referred me to wound care with the same interest in patients as he and his staff have. #4 Has pointed out potential problems and is helping me address them before they become serious.
Thank you so much for the positive review!
in Surprise, AZ |
I recently went to Dr. McAlister for a problem with my foot. Another doctor did a procedure on that it didn't work, so I wanted to get another opinion. I was impressed from the beginning. His medical assistant is very friendly, he always takes the time to answer my questions and concerns. He makes me feel comfortable that I have chose the right doctor. Dr. McAlister listened to my concerns and made sure to let me know all the options and also made sure all my questions where answered.
Thank you so much for the positive review!
in Surprise, AZ |
I recently had ankle replacement surgery with Dr. McAlister & I was extremely happy with the entire process. He is professional, knowledgeable, thorough in explaining the surgery & he has a great support staff.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Great doctors office and staff. Doctor is the best !
Phoenix, AZ |
I broke my ankle while on vacation and I was able to schedule an appointment the minute we got back in town. I am so happy with my progress and highly recommend Dr. McAlister and the Core Institute. He was able to answer all my questions (and I had a lot) and I am confident that I will regain full use of my ankle.
in Sun City, AZ |
I met Dr. McAlister in early 2017 as I had a bone spur on my left heel . We contemplated surgery to follow a Rt. knee replacement that I was scheduled for on June 14, 2017. Unexpectedly on May 28, 2017, my left Achilles tendon ruptured. Dr. McAlister set me up for surgery on June 14th to repair the Achilles tendon rupture. The surgery went beautifully and I have been very pleased with his expertise in surgically repairing a very difficult rupture. I would definitely recommend Dr. McAlister.
in Wickenburg, AZ |
Dr. McAlister listens to your needs and concerns. Very friendly yet professional! He has a wonderful personality and bedside manner. My surgery went very well and also pleased with the results unlike prior foot surgery. His medical schooling and background are impressive to say the least. If you are looking for a top rate podiatrist, look no further.
in sun city west |
fantastic bedside manor-great knowledge
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. McAllister has been a very good doctor for me. He was very informative good at listening and answered all the questions that I had for him. Although my ankle may never be the same again he was very reassuring and had a positive attitude which helped me through my process.
Glendale, AZ |
I saw Dr. McAlister for what I thought was a broken toe and was nervous to find out the results of the xray. He has excellent bed side manners and answered all of my questions with confidence, that alone made me feel at ease. No broken toe but gave me a simple treatment plan to follow and my toe is completely healed. Dr. McAlister and his staff provided excellent service and would recommend him to anyone.
Surprise, AZ |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. McAlister and his staff. He listened, answered all my questions and didn't make me feel rushed. He gave me the best treatment options for my situation and explained thoroughly so I understood. I would highly recommend Dr. McAlister to anyone in need of a podiatrist.
Phoenix, AZ |
The worst. Run don't walk away from this guy. If he operated on you then most likey you won't be able to do either.
in Surprise, AZ |
My visit with Dr. McAlister was under urgent conditions due to a broken ankle. Other than the wait, which is to be expected when you are fit in for an urgent appointment. The staff was very efficient and empathetic. The surgeon was amazing, he explained everything clearly, presented the care plan (surgery), and answered all of our questions. Surgery was done two days later and his medical assistant has called to check on me, and to see if we needed anything. Overall, the care has been exemplary
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. McAlister has performed surgery on both of my ankles and he has helped improve my quality of life! I highly recommend him to those contemplating orthopedic procedures.
in Waddell AZ 85355 |
My experience with Dr McAlister has been nothing but stellar from office visit to operating room. I have been seeing him now for about 8 months for an issue with my right foot that ended up with a needed surgery and removal of a neuroma.
in Sun City West AZ |
Dr .McAlister put my ankle back together which involved 9 rods. Today you would never even know it. He did a great job. Everything he told me about the healing process was right on. I am very grateful to him.
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr McAlister performed surgery on my right foot. I am 8 weeks post-op and I am very pleased with my results. Great pre-op instructions that explained what to expect and what to do post- surgery. I would highly recommend him.
Glendale, AZ |
Dr. McAlister made me feel at ease right away. He not only gave me confidence that he knew what treatment was necessary for me but he was friendly and willingly answered all my questions. Just feeling like you can talk to your doctor means a great deal to me and I found that in Dr. McAlister.
in Surprise, AZ |
I found Dr McAlister at The CORE and I had fractured my ankle & it needed surgery but I had a bad surgery 4 years earlier& I died, so I put it off thinking it wasn't that bad. After a round of steroid shots, it was determined that surgery was the only answer. He did an excellent job & it turned out to be a really big mess, but he did an excellent job, so now my ankle is good and tight/straight. He followed up a lot and I'm glad he did. Great doctor!!
in Shoreline, Wa |
Dr. McAlister not only has great concern in each patient, but takes a very personal interest and concern with each individual. Dr. McAlister took time to go to great lengths explaining the details of the surgery and what to expect post op. Dr. McAlister performed a complicated surgery on my foot and the results are truly amazing! I would not only recommend Dr. McAlister but would definitely return if I require surgery on my other foot, (which will probably will happen).
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Macalister. I went in for a consultation because my other doctor could not figure out what was wrong with my foot and ankle. I saw Dr. Macalister and he made a diagnosis and we made a plan on what the best course of action would be. I'm now 2 weeks out of reconstruction surgery of my foot and ankle. I'm doing great and am looking forward to the future with no pain. Dr. Macalister treated me and my friend with kindness. Thank you.
Surprise, AZ |
Prejudges case before you have a chance to really speak with him. Dimissive and a bit arrogant. I had to see him because my regular specialist was out of town.
Thank you for your comments. The CORE Institute has a dedicated Patient Advocate who assists patients with questions or concerns. You can reach him at 855.897.2673 or via e-mail at remarksonyourexperience@thecoreinstitute.com.
in Wickenburg, AZ |
I am going to keep this short and sweet...Dr McAlister was AWESOME!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend him!!!!
Phoenix, AZ |
I went for a hammer toe correction and bunion repair and the doctor 'accidentally' broke three bones in my foot. He then sent me to physical therapy for my fractures that then did not heal. I then had to go onto a bone stimulator for three months. I then had to go back to surgery to have my pins removed from the broken bones. I was charged $27,770 for the whole awful experience. He is a quack. Stay away from this place.
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr McAlister has been great from the moment I met him after breaking my ankle. I am very happy with my progress since surgery and look forward to a full recovery. He is the greatest and would recommend him to anyone in need.
in Sun City West AZ |
Dr is the most knowldable foot Dr.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Mcalister is an excellent surgeon. My ankle was broken in 3 different places and he came in on Saturday to do surgery on it. I was very pleased with the surgery and the limited scarring. He was very kind and gave me the medication I needed for the pain control and a temporary handicap decal. I am 8 weeks into recovery and my healing process is going well due to the excellent repair he did on my ankle. I continue to see him for my follow up care. I would definitely recommend him to you.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. McAllister was great. Hands down one of the best I've ever had. I had a pin put in my foot and all the way thru he was fantastic.
in Surprise, AZ |
I had a torn Achilles tendon, broken heel and bone spurs. Saw the Doctor on 1/1/17 and had surgery 1/11/17. The surgery was very successful and this is a surgery I had heard horror rumors about. The pain was always manageable and the job was done well. 7 1/2 weeks later playing golf. I am 65 years old. If you are fortunate to see Dr McAlister you will not be disappointed. The rehab team at Core also did a good job of getting me back.
in Sun City |
Dr. McAlister, is caring and professional, and personable in talking to his patients. He replaced my right ankle, he explained what he was going to do and answered all my questions. He takes the time to put the patient at ease, both in the office and hospital.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He is very easy to communicate with because of his pleasant, down to earth, easy going manner. I recently had major surgery on both feet and experienced successful outcomes in both cases.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He is an awesome Dr.....Very knowledgeable and genuine....I highly recommend him
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. McAlister is an amazing surgeon probably the best so far he got my broken ankle,leg and ligaments working again in a rapid surgery and I had a fast recovery and I can do all my activity again. He did amazing I recommend him to anyone
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr McAlister is very personable and thorough in his care. He explains what is going on and what will happen. He explained the importance of home exercises to my overall well being! I would recommend him to anyone who asks. Thanks Dr!!
Tempe, AZ |
Was very helpful and professional, he got me back to being able to walk with out pain. After seeing 4 other Drs he finally helped us
in Sun City, AZ |
Love his sense of humor and ability to make you feel comfortable!
in El Mirage, Arizona |
Wonderful doctor with a great personality! Had to have surgery due to broken bones in my foot, and he did a awesome job repairing the damage. Minimal post-op pain which was great! Speedy recovery and no complications at all from the surgery! Speedy appointments with minimal waiting time. Will recommend Dr. McAlister to all friends and family and co-workers!!! ??????
in Surprise, AZ |
Explained surgery procedure, after surgery care at home, and answered all questions so I could understand requirements for recovery and healing time.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey McAlister, DPM?

Visit Dr. McAlister

Dr. McAlister accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Access Care
    Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
  • Anthem
    Pathway X Tiered Hosp/Ind Direct Access OH
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona