Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Male

Dr. Idelson
1966 Tice Valley Blvd # 248 Walnut Creek, CA 94595

Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D is a marriage & family therapist in Walnut Creek, CA. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.

Dr. Idelson accepts

Dr. Idelson accepts the following insurance:

Blue Shield of California
Health Net
Kaiser PHCS Network PPO
Optimum HealthCare
United Behavioral Health
Value Options

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Idelson treats your condition or procedure

• Physical Abuse of Child
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Rape Trauma Syndrome
  • Stress Management

I address and work to resolve past and current life concerns, traumas, and dysfunctions through cognitive therapy. I also work with gay/lesbian, PTSD, and bulimia and anorexia issues. I recently retired after 24 years teaching two psychology classes at Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill, CA.

• Marriage & Family Therapy

4.5

Dr. Idelson?
Dr. Idelson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D
Rude, made political comments during sessions. Did not engage in evidence-based treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
I did not want to see a therapist at first because I did not see how talking to someone was going to help what I was going through, but the experience was shockingly enjoyable. Dr. Jeff is one of the most open, understanding, and insightful people I have had the privileged of talking to over the course of this summer and I would strongly recommend seeing him if you are facing any difficulties in your life or just need someone to talk things over with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr. Idelson is an excellent therapist who has enabled me to take charge of my life for the first time. He was able to shine a light on some family issues that have gone back multiple generations and has given me the tools to finally break the cycle with my own children. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr. Jeff is the best therapist out there. He listens very well and gives his honest opinion; he is not just sitting there and writing down things, he gives direct feedback. I have been a patient of him for four years now, and even when I moved to college he did over the phone therapy, which I thought was extremely caring of him. He has helped me get through very rough times and has made me an overall better and more knowlegable person. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr Idelson is very wise, caring and knowledgeable. He excels at seeing and cutting through confusion and identifying the key issues that need addressing. He's a skilled listener, very respectful, compassionate and will not waste your time. He connected with my teenage son who had very high walls around him, enabling us to communicate and have a better healthy child/parent relationship. My son and I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr Idelson is far beyond and above a mft. I went to him for my kids and my own divorce. I visited another MFT to compare. I could tell the difference immediately. Dr. Idelson is wise, knowledgable, thoughtful, and good sense of humor. His 40 years of experiences made him an expert of life and human nature. My kids open heart to him and trust him very much. He is a psychologist, professor and loving caring father. We also love his farm style office a lot. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Idelson?