Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D

Marriage & Family TherapyMale

Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D
1966 Tice Valley Blvd Walnut Creek, CA 94595

Dr. Idelson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Idelson

4.4

Terrible experience. Was aggressive and argumentative. Instead of helping me confront my feelings to help me come to my own decisions and conclusions, he consistently interjected with his own ideas and opinions that ultimately turned out to be very bad feedback and advice.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mike – Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
I have been seeing Dr. Idelson for nearly 3 years. He is an excellent therapist and has helped me greatly during this time. We have been able to transition successfully to sessions over the phone (because of COVID) without missing a beat. Dr. Idelson listens to patients and takes a genuine interest in what is being said. His advice is practical and you never feel like you're being spoken down to. I highly recommend him.
Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
I went to Dr. Jeff in high school, and then started going to see him again after I graduated college. He is simply an amazing therapist, and this translates well in person and over the phone (during COVID). He warmly and emphatically listens to what you have to say, and then actually gives direct feedback and advice in order to change your perspective or make real change within your life. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know.
Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr. Jeff is a talented, smart and empathetic practitioner. He's keenly aware of his patient's state and mindset, and works to address the issues in a kind, gentle and insightful manner. He is an absolute joy to work with.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Rude, made political comments during sessions. Did not engage in evidence-based treatment.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
I did not want to see a therapist at first because I did not see how talking to someone was going to help what I was going through, but the experience was shockingly enjoyable. Dr. Jeff is one of the most open, understanding, and insightful people I have had the privileged of talking to over the course of this summer and I would strongly recommend seeing him if you are facing any difficulties in your life or just need someone to talk things over with.
Zachary Gotvald in Pleasant Hill, CA – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr. Idelson is an excellent therapist who has enabled me to take charge of my life for the first time. He was able to shine a light on some family issues that have gone back multiple generations and has given me the tools to finally break the cycle with my own children. Highly recommended.
Rob R in Alamo, CA – May 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr. Jeff is the best therapist out there. He listens very well and gives his honest opinion; he is not just sitting there and writing down things, he gives direct feedback. I have been a patient of him for four years now, and even when I moved to college he did over the phone therapy, which I thought was extremely caring of him. He has helped me get through very rough times and has made me an overall better and more knowlegable person. I highly recommend him.
Sophie S in Pleasant Hill, CA – Apr 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr Idelson is very wise, caring and knowledgeable. He excels at seeing and cutting through confusion and identifying the key issues that need addressing. He's a skilled listener, very respectful, compassionate and will not waste your time. He connected with my teenage son who had very high walls around him, enabling us to communicate and have a better healthy child/parent relationship. My son and I highly recommend him.
Lina in Orinda, CA – Apr 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?
Dr Idelson is far beyond and above a mft. I went to him for my kids and my own divorce. I visited another MFT to compare. I could tell the difference immediately. Dr. Idelson is wise, knowledgable, thoughtful, and good sense of humor. His 40 years of experiences made him an expert of life and human nature. My kids open heart to him and trust him very much. He is a psychologist, professor and loving caring father. We also love his farm style office a lot. Highly recommend!
Catherine W in alamo – Feb 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Idelson, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Idelson?