Dr. Jeffrey Broadhead, OD

Dr. Jeffrey Broadhead, OD

Optometry  |
Dr. Jeffrey Broadhead, OD is an optometry provider who practices in South Jordan, UT. He is 49 years old. Read his story

3556 W 9800 S Ste 104

South Jordan, UT 84095

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)

Learn about Dr. Broadhead

Dr. Broadhead's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Broadhead "Dr. Broadhead received his Doctor of Optometry Degree, graduating "with distinction" from Pacific University College of Optometry in 1998. A recipient of a coveted United States Air Force Health Professions Scholarship, he served for three years as Chief of Optometry at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls, Montana. During his time at Malmstrom AFB, he was an adjunct professor of optometry for Pacific University College of Optometry and the Illinois College of Optometry. In 2000, he was named Air Force Space Command Optometrist of the Year. Dr. Broadhead founded Progressive Eye Care in 2005. In addition to general eye care for adults, children, and seniors, Dr. Broadhead offers care for patients with glaucoma, diabetes, cataracts, and corneal disorders. Dr. Broadhead is a member of the Utah Optometric Association, the American Optometric Association, and the Orthokeratology Academy of America. Doctor Broadhead is fluent in Spanish and is a regular contributing author in the Nuestro Mundo Magazine, providing education and advice on vision and eye health topics to the Hispanic community in Utah. Dr. Broadhead and his wife, Melanie, have resided in West Jordan since 2001. They are the parents of eight children, five of whom are adopted and two who came via foster care. He and his wife enjoy travelling. Their favorite places to visit are his childhood home in Alberta, Canada and Peru, where Melanie lived as a child. Dr. Broadhead's favorite new hobby is playing hockey in the Rookie League at the Kearn's Olympic Oval. "

This content was provided by Dr. Broadhead "Our aim is to help you Maximize Your Vision, Transform Your Image, and Preserve Your Eye Health.  No one wants care that is hurried or impersonal, so we take the time to give you a thorough examination, utilizing the most advanced technology. We will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, explain your options, and give recommendations to best meet your needs.   We want you to LOVE What You See!"

• Optometry
  • Contact Lens Fitting
  • Cornea & Contact Management
  • Cornea & External Diseases
  • Occupational Optometry
  • Pediatric Optometry

Dr. Broadhead does not have any board certifications listed.

• Accidental Eye Injuries
  • Macular Degeneration
  • Macular Hole
  • Macular Pucker
  • Nearsightedness
  • Ocular Herpes (Herpes of the Eye)
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)

• Foreign Body Removal
  • Glaucoma Treatment
  • Irregular Cornea Treatment With Scleral Contact Lenses
  • Soft Contact Lenses

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Salt Lake VA / Moran Eye Center / Eye Foundation of Utah
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Pacific University College of Optometry
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Broadhead has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Broadhead has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Broadhead does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Broadhead and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Broadhead's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Broadhead to family and friends
Dr. Broadhead Says:

Thanks to so many of my patients who responded to my email request to rate the care received in our office. Your feedback is so valuable. If you have specific suggestions or concerns, please forward them to my attention at info@progressive-eyecare.net. I would welcome the chance to respond personally your concerns. Thanks!

Dr. Broadhead's Performance
in West Jordan, UT |
I love how friendly Dr Broadhead is each time I see him. He was a huge help with my husband when he was diagnosed with diabetes and struggled with his vision.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Office staff and Dr. Chism were very friendly. Loved that I didn't have to get my eyes dilated because of their new equipment. Also the staff was very helpful helping me pick out my new glasses
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My husbands family has always raved about progressive eye care and especially Dr. broadhead! I finally made an appointment and I was not disappointed! The office staff is more than friendly and helpful! They treated us as if we have been friends forever. I loved that they have a play area for my kids. Dr. Broadhead is very intelligent and knowledgeable. He also has an impeccable memory! If you are looking for an eye doctor, look no Further! Go see progressive eye care, you won't be disappointed!
in West Jordan, UT |
I am so appreciative to Dr. Broadhead for being extremely patient with my very difficult daughter who has Autism and severe behavioral problems. We are grateful to have found him a few years ago. He is definitely a blessing in our lives. The office staff were also very understanding and helpful.
in Herriman, UT |
Dr. Broadhead always explains things to me very clearly and so I understand. I also brought my kids in and he was very good with them and patient with them and explained their care as well.
in South Jordan, UT |
I am a tenured Medical Professional Liability Underwriter and I am very impressed with every aspect of this practice as well as with Dr. Broadhead!
in Herriman, UT |
I found Dr. Broadhead to be very welcoming and attentive to my concerns. He also checked for things my previous optometrists did not when I mentioned that I was having trouble wearing contacts. One of the most positive optometric experiences I've had in a long time, hands down!
in Ephraim, UT |
I've been seeing eye doctors for over 20 years and haven't had a better experience than with Dr Chism. Very professional, polite, knowledgable, and he got me out in a timely matter (not to mention being available early on a Saturday). Also, my new contacts arrived for fitting less than a week after my first appointment. Very rare! The reception staff is also very welcoming and accommodating... Wouldn't recommend any other eye doctor!
in Draper, UT |
Dr Chism is a great doctors. He took his time and answered all my questions in terms I could understand. Maria was very friendly and was very patient. They explained the options and did not high pressure me to make a decision. My experience was very pleasant. The office was clean and not a long wait time.
in Layton, UT |
The office is nice and clean, appointments ran on time and I love that Dr. Broadhead always takes the time to answer all of my questions. I picked out new glasses and the person who helped me was very knowledgeable and patient.
in South Jordan, Utah |
Everyone was very kind and caring! I really appreciated the patience they showed my girls who were there for the first time!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I had a problem of dry eyes for quite sometime and which was getting worse with passage of time. I had my first visit with Dr. Jeff Broadhead at progressive eye care clinic around 1 month back and since the first visit I have seen quite an improvement in my condition. Personal care and attention is given as when you visit progressive eye care office; I had 2 visit in all. Dr. Broadhead provide complete detail of the condition and the steps that they are going to perform to resolve it. I would de
West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Broadhead's office schedules carefully so you never have to wait to be seen. They have a level of professionalism that is refreshing.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I discovered Dr. Broadhead and his team last year, and wouldn't have considered going anywhere else for my yearly exam. Dr. Broadhead always takes the time to make sure he is giving the best exam possible and offering everything he can to improve my eyesight currently and in the future.
South Jordan, UT |
Staff is wonderful, service is great and glasses were received in a very timely fashion! I would recommend your office to anyone!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Broadhead is caring, knowledgeable and skillful. I appreciated that he has a retinal scanner.
in Kearns, Utah |
Everyone is so nice and helpful.
in West valley city, Utah |
I've been going with Dr. Broadhead since 2008 at Shopko to this day I can say he is the most patient, caring, nice, most helpful doctor ever! Last time I went to get my eyes check at his new office he was so understandable and he gave me all these options of contact lenses however I told him I would stick to the brand I use. I feel that he is the only doctor that I've been to that is very patient and helpful when it comes to eyecare. He is very understandable and answers all your questions.
in South Jordan, UT |
From start to finish, my experience was wonderful!! I felt very taken care of and the steps taken to evaluate my vision were so detailed and thorough. And a gracious new customer gift was an unexpected surprise too! Dr. Broadhead was incredible and just so nice - wonderful and really caring. He took extended and thorough time to evaluate my needs further, educate me on the condition of my eyes, the expectations and also provide me with exactly what I needed. Amazing experience!
in Riverton, UT |
I found Dr. Broadhead thru my insurance company. I'm so glad I did! He does great patient care, works to make sure all your needs are met, and has a great bed side manner! His staff is also really good and nice! Going over and beyond to suit anyone's needs! I will definitely continue going to see him, and recommend him to anyone!!
in West Jordan, UT |
I am always treated well by the staff and Dr. Broadstreet. I feel I am in good hands. I recommend Progressive Eye Care.
in West Jordan, UT |
Couldn't have been better!!! Highly recommend progressive eye care and Dr Broadhead I had a very good experience and will return every year
in West Jordan, UT |
Quick and easy. Dr. Broadhead was personable and answered all of my questions. I trust his expertise and he has helped me find the right combination of lenses and eye solution that work best for my eyes. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a new optometrist.
in South Jordan, UT |
I have always liked going to Progressive Eye Care because the people there are always kind to me and talk to me. It is quick and efficient, but they always tell you the information you need to know. No more, no less. This is definitely my favorite eye care place.
in Orem, UT |
The staff was so helpful and friendly. I got what I needed, and more. I felt like I left feeling empowered with knowledge about my eye health.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Broadhead, OD?
Are you Dr. Broadhead?

Visit Dr. Broadhead

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Broadhead accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Altius Health Plans
    Altius Health Plans HMO
    Altius Health Plans POS
    Altius Health Plans PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)