Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD

Dr. Erikson
Telehealth services available

Counseling and Mediation Center

200 W Douglas Ave Ste 560 Wichita, KS 67202

Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD is a Counselor in Wichita, KS. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Erikson to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

See similar Counselors in Wichita

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Erikson accepts

Dr. Erikson accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Coventry Health America
Coventry Health America PPO
Humana Choice Medicare Advantage PPO
New Directions Behavioral Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kansas

Check if Dr. Erikson treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Erikson's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD...

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Erikson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Erikson

2.2

Dr. Erikson?
What People Say About Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD
Dr. Erikson is truly gifted and objective. It is obvious that she will do what is best for the kids. She will attempt to preserve the bond that the kids have with each parent regardless of how ugly and contentious the relationship was. The experience with Dr. Erikson is so much healthier for families than a nasty and expensive Court battle. I cannot express how grateful I am to have someone with her expertise and compassion involved in our case.
Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Dr. Erickson is honest and straightforward. In counseling, I felt she was always trying to help me become a better person, husband and father. She told me the truth vs. saying what I might want to hear. She helped keep me on track and see the person I am vs. the person someone else might tell me I am. For me, she was a connection to hope and reality I needed.
Wichita , KS – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
I was being treated for anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. My goal is to manage these symptoms without medication. I was referred to Dr. Erickson by my family physician. Dr. Erickson, after reviewing my history and symptoms, provided an in depth understanding on how the brain is functioning as it pertains to reacting to stress and anxiety. With this understanding, I am able to analyze negative stimuli and understand how the brain is processing such input. I can then define my behavior and calm myself by thought and behavior modification. She also recommended meditation and Yoga to help strengthen my ability to manage my reactions and calm myself. It also strengthens my ability to focus. Dr. Erickson is proficient in working through the historical causes of my PTSD and anxieties which allows her to recommend my self-directed management of my reactions.
J. Noonan – Oct 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Jeanne Erikson was a God send for me and my son. She is going to do what is best for the child and will talk to who ever she needs to so that she can make the right recommendation. I will and already have recommended her to several people. The world needs more people like Jeanne.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Old, antiquated beliefs and approach. Dads are second-class parents meant to provide financial support and nothing else. Sad this lady practices.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Scary that this woman practices. Too many families have been affected by her decisions. Sedgwick county is worse because of her.
Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Dr.Erikson was fair & expedient in her case management role.
Jun 17, 2018
Amazingly great person!
Kevin Rule in Wichita Ks – Apr 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
I had the opportunity to have two appointments in 04/2018 for mutually agreed upon mediation, post divorce. Excellence on all levels- this was "as good as it gets" where such an experience is needed.
A.G. in Wichita, KS – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Fathers, if you have the option, request a different evaluator. She got important information mixed up, left out important details, drew opinionated conclusions from mixed-up facts and collateral's opinions. Accusations were made against me after the evaluation and she failed to follow up with me to get my side of the story, but decided to include the damaging information in her report to the courts. If I had the option to do over I would demand the evaluation be recorded via audio / video.
Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Dr. Erikson is amazing! I cannot describe in words the amount of toughness and grit that she combines with love and compassion for the families she serves in case management. She brought peace and harmony that I never thought possible to our horribly conflicted family and can be largely credited with the health and well-being of our daughter. As a therapist working with many conflicted families she is my first referral for families in chaos and conflict. She is tough, fair and compassionate.
Peter Ninemire in Wichita, KS – Oct 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
I have worked with Jeanne twice over the past 10 years. First time was in a counseling capacity with my step son and second in a professional coaching capacity regarding career transition issues. She is a great listener, non judgmental, and was able to help me identify the problem. I was able to brainstorm ideas, evaluated the pro's and con's, and develop a solid plan. I highly recommend her and will return in the future if the need arises.
Melissa in Wichita, KS – May 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Our experience with her was outstanding. She is professional, very easy to talk to and she listens. These qualities are very hard to find. It seems to me as if many in authority have their own opinions and try to force those on someone else. She listens intently, and does her best to help you reach an agreement. WE are very grateful she was the one we talked to.Thank you for a job very well done!
Gwen in Wichita, KS – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Dr. Erickson knows her craft and was able to help me in my time of need.
Wichita, KS – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
As a real estate professional to has had issues come up through mediation, I have found Dr. Erikson exceptional at facilitating conclusions that are beneficial to both parties. I admire her ability to see through the emotion and get to the real issue at hand.
Haysville, KS – Mar 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Jeanne was able to see me immediately after I suffered a nervous breakdown at work. She helped me identify and implement self-care techniques that would help me manage my anxiety effectively. I would highly recommend Dr. Erikson to anyone seeking a mental health professional.
Wichita, KS – Feb 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr. Erikson. I have had contact with her professionally during several child custody cases. Dr. Erickson is often used as an expert witness in court. From my contact with her in this context, I can say that Dr. Erikson is very knowledgeable and even handed in her assessments. These matters are usually very difficult, and sometimes parents have issues that prevent them from accepting the results. She is not biased towards either gender, only the child's best interests.
Chuck in Wichita, KS – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Jeanne has been great to work with, helping work through anxiety/stress/overwhelmed. She listens, helps you learn strategies to help become a better version of yourself. I would recommend her to everyone!
Wichita, KS – Nov 04, 2016
Terrible.... Absolutely terrible....
John in Wichita, KS – Oct 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?
Fathers, if you ever want to see your children, request a different counselor?this one's siding with the mother. Terrible listening & organizational skills. She got facts mixed up, important dates, forgot what she said and whom she talked to, then drew improper and opinionated conclusions from mixed-up facts, dates and collateral's opinions. No medical or child development degree, yet she disregarded factual evidence and made her conclusions as if she did in order to support her bias. RUN!
Jake in Wichita, KS – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne Erikson, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Erikson?

• Counseling

1991

More Information

• Does Dr. Erikson communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Dr. Erikson offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Erikson offer an online patient portal?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Erikson have free onsite parking?

Yes, 1 patient said they have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Erikson offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Erikson offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Erikson offer evening visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer evening visits