Jean Thumm, LMFT

Jean Thumm, LMFT

Relationship Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Jean Thumm, LMFT is a relationship counselor in Seaford, DE and has been practicing for 34 years. She graduated from Moravian Theological Seminary in 1984 and specializes in relationship counseling, counseling, and more.Read her story

10724 Serenity Cir

Seaford, DE 19973

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Value Options

Learn about Jean Thumm

Jean Thumm's bio

This content was provided by Jean Thumm "As a potential patient of mine, you should know that I approach each individual, couple, family, or workplace team in a way that best meets their individual needs. As required of all counselors, I complete 20 hours of continuing education per year, BUT in addition I study continually to meet patients' needs as they emerge. My book, Soft Skills for Tough Issues, is helpful for individuals, couples and in the workplace. I have been honored to serve as Collaborative Investigator for the DSM-V by the American Psychiatric Association. I have also delivered an address for the New Mexico Equality Opportunity Commission and a key presentation at the 40th anniversary of WIC in Albuquerque, NM."

This content was provided by Jean Thumm "As a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Board Certified Coach, Jean Eva treats individuals, couples, and families in a caring environment focused on resolving their issues. She uses brief therapy techniques whenever possible, such as Brain Spotting and Eye Movement Desensitization for anxiety and post-traumatic stress; clinical hypnosis for sleep disorders; coaching for job and career related issues and for ADHD. Jean Eva also uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help dispel negative thoughts and behaviors."

• Relationship Counseling
  • Life Coaching
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Pastoral Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma

Jean Thumm does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

• Fairleigh Dickinson University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • Moravian Theological Seminary
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Pastoral Institute Of The Lehigh Valley
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Allentown State Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Center For Credentialing and Education, Inc.
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Jean Thumm has no awards or honors listed.

Jean Thumm has no media or publications listed.

• German

Jean Thumm does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jean Thumm and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jean Thumm's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Jean Thumm to family and friends

Jean Thumm's Performance

Jean Thumm Says:

I want to thank all my patients who have taken the time to respond to the Health Grades questionnaire. They are the best testimony to my work! I want to thank them for being so courageous as to enter into and persevere in therapy. They are truly an inspiration to me, and a venue for my continuing learning. Thank you for allowing me to be your guide in your healing and growth experience!

She is a very compassionate and caring professional. She always tries her best to be available as needed.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Jean has been the caring wise loving grandmother figure I was lacking in my life. It just so happens she is a grandmother equipped with specialized tools to deal with trauma. She helped me to discovery traumatic experiences I had suppressed and to understand how those experiences were effecting my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Highly recommend. Very skilled and astute in her profession. Very real and easy to talk to especially with regard to sensitive situations. I am gaining a better understanding of myself and what my triggers are and how to respond to them positively.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
JeanEva is a wonderful trauma counselor who I would highly recommend to anyone! She is well skilled in EMDR and brainspotting techniques that go far beyond the normal CBT approach generally used in therapy. I have only been seeing her for 2 months and have made tremendous improvement. She has...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Yes, I remember Jean Thumm, she was my "Divorce" counselor in 1986-1987. She counseled both my husband of 28 years and me prior to my pending divorce. She extended positivse and encouraging advice to us both. After the divorce she suggested I continue with "transition" conseling, which saved my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Nearby providers with similar experience

Individual Counseling