Counseling  |
Jean Thumm, LMFT
As a potential patient of mine, you should know that I approach each individual, couple, family, or workplace team in a way that best meets their individual needs. As required of all counselors, I complete 20 hours of continuing education per year, BUT in addition I study continually to meet patients' needs as they emerge. My book, Soft Skills for Tough Issues, is helpful for individuals, couples and in the workplace. I have been honored to serve as Collaborative Investigator for the DSM-V by the American Psychiatric Association. I have also delivered an address for the New Mexico Equality Opportunity Commission and a key presentation at the 40th anniversary of WIC in Albuquerque, NM.

10724 Serenity Cir

Seaford, DE 19973

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Value Options

Learn about Jean Thumm

As a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Board Certified Coach, Jean Eva treats individuals, couples, and families in a caring environment focused on resolving their issues. She uses brief therapy techniques whenever possible, such as Brain Spotting and Eye Movement Desensitization for anxiety and post-traumatic stress; clinical hypnosis for sleep disorders; coaching for job and career related issues and for ADHD. Jean Eva also uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help dispel negative thoughts and behaviors.

• Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Pastoral Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling

Jean Thumm does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depression
  • Depressive Episode
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Pain Management
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Delaware.

• Fairleigh Dickinson University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • Moravian Theological Seminary
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Pastoral Institute Of The Lehigh Valley
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Allentown State Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Center For Credentialing and Education, Inc.
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Jean Thumm has no awards or honors listed.

Jean Thumm has no media or publications listed.

• German

Jean Thumm does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jean Thumm and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jean Thumm's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Jean Thumm to family and friends
Jean Thumm Says:

I want to thank all my patients who have taken the time to respond to the Health Grades questionnaire. They are the best testimony to my work! I want to thank them for being so courageous as to enter into and persevere in therapy. They are truly an inspiration to me, and a venue for my continuing learning. Thank you for allowing me to be your guide in your healing and growth experience!

Jean Thumm's Performance
in DE |
JeanEva is a wonderful trauma counselor who I would highly recommend to anyone! She is well skilled in EMDR and brainspotting techniques that go far beyond the normal CBT approach generally used in therapy. I have only been seeing her for 2 months and have made tremendous improvement. She has changed my life and I am forever grateful!
in Madison, AL |
Yes, I remember Jean Thumm, she was my "Divorce" counselor in 1986-1987. She counseled both my husband of 28 years and me prior to my pending divorce. She extended positivse and encouraging advice to us both. After the divorce she suggested I continue with "transition" conseling, which saved my life. To this day, I recall her kind and caring advice which eased the difficult road ahead. I believe she was God sent. It is my pleasure to praise her. Respectfully, Patricia Webster Hrivnak
in Santa Fe, NM |
Jean Eva is nothing short of incredible. She is exceedingly kind, compassionate, and so easy going. I initially found her for EMDR and brain spotting for my brother and his struggles from PTSD. He is sometimes slow to open up and felt so very comfortable with her. Because she is so kind and inviting, I've decide to do some general and relationship therapy with her. I am actually incredibly excited for what is to come through this experience!
in Santa Fe |
I called to see if she had availability for couples counseling and she was very rude to me for no reason I asked if she took my insurance and she told me unfortunately I do why would I want to deal with such a hateful person I'm 7months pregnant and going through a hard time I needed counseling for me and my boyfriend but she will not be my counsellor I would never talk to a stranger that way I hung up on her she called me back and admitted to being rude and told me she would deal with me rude
This patient was never in my office, so I don't believe she has the ability to rate my services. This is just an angry response to my not being able to accommodate her.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Jean-Eva Thumm is sensitive, flexible, and compassionate with expertise in a wide variety of therapeutic modalities. I have had results that exceeded my expectations in resolving complicated grief along with PTSD. Brainspotting and EMDR are fast acting and largely non-verbal. I made conscious connections in my deep brain to resource the Self resulting in a more engaged life, free of physical disassociation and dizziness. I highly recommend her and Brainspotting.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Jean Thumm is a remarkable lady. She specializes in EMDR and brain spotting and as someone who suffers from PTSD, I have never worked with another therapist that has been able to help me access my deep rooted trauma and to grieve it in the way that I have with Jean. Many therapists simply have you talk about your trauma, which is sometimes helpful, but not for someone with extensive trauma as I have. Jean has been a true angel in my life and I am blessed to have found her.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Jean treats her clients as if she known them a long time. With her professionalism and experience she always has the right answer for any question or problem that arises and or a way to work through a situation. My family would highly recommend Jean to any family member or friend.
Have you seen Jean Thumm, LMFT?

Visit Jean Thumm