Jean Thumm, LMFT

Relationship Counseling ·  Female · Age 77

Jean Thumm

Beyond the Horizons Consulting, LLC

10724 Serenity Cir Seaford, DE 19973

Jean Thumm, LMFT is a relationship counselor in Seaford, DE and has been practicing for 35 years. She graduated from Moravian Theological Seminary in 1984 and specializes in relationship counseling, counseling, and more.

Jean Thumm accepts

Jean Thumm accepts the following insurance:

Commercial HMO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medicaid
United Healthcare HMO
Value Options

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Check if Jean Thumm treats your condition or procedure

Jean Thumm's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

As a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Board Certified Coach, Jean Eva treats individuals, couples, and families in a caring environment focused on resolving their issues. She uses brief therapy techniques whenever possible, such as Brain Spotting ...

• Relationship Counseling
  • ADHD Parent Coaching
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Counseling

2012
Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc.
1984

Likelihood to recommend Jean Thumm

Jean Thumm?
Jean Thumm's Performance
What People Say About Jean Thumm, LMFT
She is a very compassionate and caring professional. She always tries her best to be available as needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Jean has been the caring wise loving grandmother figure I was lacking in my life. It just so happens she is a grandmother equipped with specialized tools to deal with trauma. She helped me to discovery traumatic experiences I had suppressed and to understand how those experiences were effecting my everyday life. Jean is also very flexible in terms of adaptating her treatment methods and offering different styles on how to discuss trauma with her. I recommend her to anyone who is seeking therapy
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Highly recommend. Very skilled and astute in her profession. Very real and easy to talk to especially with regard to sensitive situations. I am gaining a better understanding of myself and what my triggers are and how to respond to them positively.
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
JeanEva is a wonderful trauma counselor who I would highly recommend to anyone! She is well skilled in EMDR and brainspotting techniques that go far beyond the normal CBT approach generally used in therapy. I have only been seeing her for 2 months and have made tremendous improvement. She has changed my life and I am forever grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Yes, I remember Jean Thumm, she was my "Divorce" counselor in 1986-1987. She counseled both my husband of 28 years and me prior to my pending divorce. She extended positivse and encouraging advice to us both. After the divorce she suggested I continue with "transition" conseling, which saved my life. To this day, I recall her kind and caring advice which eased the difficult road ahead. I believe she was God sent. It is my pleasure to praise her. Respectfully, Patricia Webster Hrivnak
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Jean Eva is nothing short of incredible. She is exceedingly kind, compassionate, and so easy going. I initially found her for EMDR and brain spotting for my brother and his struggles from PTSD. He is sometimes slow to open up and felt so very comfortable with her. Because she is so kind and inviting, I've decide to do some general and relationship therapy with her. I am actually incredibly excited for what is to come through this experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
I called to see if she had availability for couples counseling and she was very rude to me for no reason I asked if she took my insurance and she told me unfortunately I do why would I want to deal with such a hateful person I'm 7months pregnant and going through a hard time I needed counseling for me and my boyfriend but she will not be my counsellor I would never talk to a stranger that way I hung up on her she called me back and admitted to being rude and told me she would deal with me rude
This patient was never in my office, so I don't...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Jean-Eva Thumm is sensitive, flexible, and compassionate with expertise in a wide variety of therapeutic modalities. I have had results that exceeded my expectations in resolving complicated grief along with PTSD. Brainspotting and EMDR are fast acting and largely non-verbal. I made conscious connections in my deep brain to resource the Self resulting in a more engaged life, free of physical disassociation and dizziness. I highly recommend her and Brainspotting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Jean Thumm is a remarkable lady. She specializes in EMDR and brain spotting and as someone who suffers from PTSD, I have never worked with another therapist that has been able to help me access my deep rooted trauma and to grieve it in the way that I have with Jean. Many therapists simply have you talk about your trauma, which is sometimes helpful, but not for someone with extensive trauma as I have. Jean has been a true angel in my life and I am blessed to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?
Jean treats her clients as if she known them a long time. With her professionalism and experience she always has the right answer for any question or problem that arises and or a way to work through a situation. My family would highly recommend Jean to any family member or friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Jean Thumm, LMFT?

How was your experience with Jean Thumm?

• Sat: 10:00am - 1:00pm