Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)  |
Jean Burbach, MSN
Jean Burbach, MSN is a nursing (nurse practitioner) provider who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. She is 65 years old.

224 E Willamette Ave

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans
  • Value Options

Learn about Jean Burbach

As a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist with Prescriptive Authority, I have a diverse range of education and experience. I treat children, adolescents, and adults with different psychotherapy methods, and with or without prescribing psychiatric medications when appropriate. My Nursing background gives me a holistic knowledge of the human body and brain conditions that allow me to assess my clients in their entirety and refer to primary care and specialists when that is appropriate.

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy

Jean Burbach does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

• Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Madison General Hospital School Of Nursing
  • Mount Auburn Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Boston College-Masters Degree
    Other Education | Completed 1982

Jean Burbach has no awards or honors listed.

Jean Burbach has no media or publications listed.

Jean Burbach does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jean Burbach and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jean Burbach's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Jean Burbach to family and friends
4.2
Jean Burbach's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I think this provider may be in over her head. I've seen her several times and each time she assigns a new mental health issue to me: the last one was bullemia. Mind you, I am not bullemic, have never been bullemic, so I certainly never mentioned that I was. My point is, she can't remember why she sees me (apparently). She is very quick to over-medicate. I am currently tapering myself off two medications without her assistance because frankly I don't trust her at this point.
in Calhan, CO |
My 12 year old daughter has seen Jeannie on and off for the last four years. Jeannie has always treated her with the highest level of kindness and compassion. My daughter knows that any time she feels the need to go back and meet with Jeannie again, her door will be open and Jeannie will be ready to listen and help her. We recommend her to anyone who is seeking a kind, knowledgeable, dedicated counselor, particularly for a child.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
She able to identify that my child was having psychological reactions to a med. She successfully got him off of that med, but would not acknowledge that the symptoms had stopped and insisted that he was bi-polar. Her questioning in sessions led him to give inaccurate answers. She would not let me talk. She kept wanting to add medications. His symptoms had stopped! I asked to get him off meds and she said she didn't agree. We changed doctors and he is now just on ADHD meds and is NOT Bi-Polar!
in COLORADO SPRINGS, CO |
Jeanne has worked with me over three years using talk therapy and managing my medication. Often you can't get both of these services from the same person; you have to see a Psychiatrist (for prescription) AND then see a therapist to talk to. Jeanne is licensed to do both. She meticulously helped me titrate off a medication when my insurance would no longer cover it and carefully moved me very to a new med. Jeanne knows her practice and has extensive experience in mental health. She's the best.
in colorado springs, co |
I am writing this for my 14yr old son who has been a patient of Jeannie's for at least 7 years. Jeannie has given back control of his life to my son. The effect she has had on him has been profound and that is not an exaggeration. She can speak to him and explain things in a way no one else has. She is sensitive, understanding, and trusting. She combines medications that he needs, but places an emphasis on the talk therapy necessary to help him understand things. She is amazing.
Peyton, CO |
Four of my family members see Jeannie individually. I am not sure where we would be without her in our lives. During a crisis period with our son, Jeannie went to the ends of the earth to make sure he had the best care possible. I have always felt that she is as invested in him as my husband and I are. We have been patients for 6 years and have referred her to 2 other families who see her.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Ms Burbach is been treating me for at least 5 years now. I have found her consistently supportive, compassionate, and honestly firm. I appreciate that she does not reflexively resort to medications and places an emphasizes the responsibilities I have to improve myself. Of all the medical providers I have had, she has had the greatest impact on my ability to love life and I am very grateful for that.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have recommended Jeannie Burbach to others, I completely trust her judgement after being treated by her for over 6 years.
Have you seen Jean Burbach, MSN?
Are you Jean Burbach?