Javan Horwitz, HSPP

Neuropsychology •  Male

Javan Horwitz
755 W Carmel Dr Ste 205 Carmel, IN 46032

Javan Horwitz, HSPP is a Neuropsychologist in Carmel, IN. He is not accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Javan Horwitz to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

See similar Neuropsychologists in Carmel

• Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Javan Horwitz accepts

Javan Horwitz accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Javan Horwitz treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Javan Horwitz, HSPP...

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Javan Horwitz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Javan Horwitz

2.5

Javan Horwitz?
What People Say About Javan Horwitz, HSPP
Stay away!!! Terrible office staff and billing practices. Sent my bill to collection without notifying of an amount due.
May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Stay far away. This office is terrible. They don't answer their phone, and they have preditorial billing practices.
Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Very much a business. Dr. and staff dismissive. Specific concerns and questions regarding my son not addressed despite my medical and education background. Not able to cancel appts when my son was sick due to costly fees, which impacted results and written off as behavior/refusal. Would not release copy of report to school psych unless he had meeting to review (more billing opportunity). I refused- that is extortion. I was not given a copy of the evaluation but a non -specific "summary." Medication was not recommended for my son's ADHD-PI, but instead pricey in office parent education/training etc. In fact, my son responded greatly from non-stimulant Intuniv, and was eventually found by the school to be superior to gifted range (which closer matched previous psych testing) with a writing disability/dysgraphia rather than low-average to average. Meaningless accolades. Save your money. Go elsewhere.
Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Bad experience with this office. They don’t answer phones, I’ve called and never got a call back, they seem to only respond to emails, even then, I never got a response about something I asked, just “ it will be forward to the doctor “. Also, they are not equipped to handle a special needs child that has aggressive behaviors. It would have been nice to know that before hand. As I see these aggressive behaviors a lot, and was recommended to their office for more help for my son. I have been to multiple offices with doctors who have seen his fits, and they NEVER handled the situation like this office did. My son is even scared to go back. I was really hoping for some help, but now looking elsewhere.
LQ – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Funny as to how the bad reviews disappear from this page. I know one is completely gone and most of mine is missing after going back and forth with 'DR.' Horwitz on this site. He blatantly lied to try to make me look bad and I called him on it.
Jan 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Dr. Horwitz was very disrespectful towards me the parent. In his 15 minute appointment to review the evaluation results, he spent 5 explaining the bell curve. (After, I stopped him and told him that I explain the bell curve in my own job, he continued.). He then proceeded to “review” the results in very vague terms with no scores provided. When requested, he offered to send the scores to me later. When he did provide them, they were in very raw form - initials and numbers. There was no discussion of validity, despite the fact that I had told him that my child was so opposed to participating he had been physically aggressive on the way to the appointment. He offered no suggestions for treatment, other than “natural” diet subsidies. Overall, very unhelpful.
Dec 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Sought support for my child who began re-emerging systems of PTSD after a two years symptom free. The doctor pushed completing a neuropsychological full evaluation before discussing any possible treatment options. Normally, I would support this line of thinking, however, we had two completed full evaluations- one three years old and one five years old. The child is not yet a teenager. A full evaluation costs hundreds of dollars- surely there were other options - the doctor stated clearly that the other reports would not be read by him or his team. This felt like a money scam not a doctor's visit.
Aug 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?
Takes forever to get appointments - about a month between appointments, even when you are already in the system and they know they will need to schedule another one. A few months to get first appointment setup. After all that, their billing practices are questionable - send you a bill, give you less than a week to pay, and threaten to cancel your next appointment if you don't pay in time. Really? I'm just trying to help my kid and you are making that so difficult.
IN – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Javan Horwitz, HSPP?

How was your experience with Javan Horwitz?

• Neuropsychology
  • Clinical Neuropsychology

More Information

• Does Javan Horwitz communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Javan Horwitz communicates via email

• Does Javan Horwitz offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Javan Horwitz offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Javan Horwitz offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Javan Horwitz offers an online patient portal

• Does Javan Horwitz have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Javan Horwitz has free onsite parking

• Does Javan Horwitz offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Javan Horwitz offers weekend visits

• Does Javan Horwitz offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Javan Horwitz offers evening visits