Dr. Jason Winterbottom, OD

Dr. Jason Winterbottom, OD

Optometry  |
Dr. Jason Winterbottom, OD is an optometry provider who practices in West Chester, OH. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

7849 Tylersville Rd

West Chester, OH 45069

• Always Care Benefits
  • Avesis
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
  • Davis Vision
  • EyeMed Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Winterbottom

Dr. Winterbottom's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Winterbottom "1. Name? Jason Winterbottom 2. Why did you decide to become an optometrist? Psychology class. We were discussing the human senses and the eye segment sold me. 3. What do you like best about practicing optometry? Instant gratification to our patients. Having the ability to see every aspect of eyecare. My Air National Guard career also lets me travel the world for humanitarian efforts as well. It is very rewarding. 4. What type of contact lenses do you recommend? Daily, Monthly, Bi-Weekly? Why? Daily and monthly. Dailies are a fresh clean lens every day with no extra solutions. This minimizes contact lens solution cost, supply, preservative issues, allergy patient discomfort. Monthly lenses provide good high oxygen and really do withstand buildup. Monthly modalities have far surpassed the 2 week lenses in technology and comfort. 5. Do you recommend retinal imaging? Why? Absolutely! When we look into the eye with our lenses we are looking through the eye into a little dark room. We only get to see the spots that our lights aim to. The retinal image is like opening up the eye, turning the light on and looking at all the structures at once. It really lets my patients see the retina for themselves as well to determine macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol and so on and to specifically educate my patients. 6. Why do you recommend some tests even though they are not covered by insurance? Insurance usually only want us to track problems, they generally do not like to pay for preventative care. The problem is, if we don't find the problem or trends of problems early, it could be hard to regain vision. We don't want to be too late. 7. How important are sunglasses? What's the difference between sunglasses sold at Thoma & Sutton Eye Care and the sunglasses sold in grocery stores and mini marts? We use mainly Polarized sunlenses that can be made with or without your prescription. These lenses block UV and ground glare (polarization). We can make them for driving or even bifocals. UV protection helps minimize risk for changing cataracts, macular degeneration and skin cancers around the eyes."

This content was provided by Dr. Winterbottom "My goal is to educate my patents to the best of their understanding and provide the most comprehensive care available.  I manage any and all non-surgical cases in the office and have a select referral structure for premiere ocular surgeons in the area for specific needs including general ophthalmology; Retinal, Corneal, Glaucoma and Ocular Plastics specialty.   "

• Optometry
  • Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
  • Contact Lens Fitting
  • Contact Lens Technology
  • Cornea & Contact Management
  • Ophthalmic Pathology
  • Pediatric Optometry

Dr. Winterbottom does not have any board certifications listed.

• Allergic Conjunctivitis

• Punctal Plug Insertion
  • Retinal Testing
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vision Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Richard Stockton College Of New Jersey
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Pennsylvania College Of Optometry
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Air Force Officer Training School
    Other Education | Completed
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center Ophthalmology (Trauma)
  • Combat Readiness Training
  • Space Shuttle Readiness Training For Emergency Landing Site
    Other Education | Completed
  • Training In Austere Locations (Arctic Care and Cajun Care)
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Winterbottom has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Winterbottom has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Winterbottom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Winterbottom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Winterbottom's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Winterbottom to family and friends
based on 3 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Winterbottom Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey.  If you received great service and attention, please tell a friend.  If you did not, please tell me or my staff.  We are committed to providing you the best care.

Dr. Winterbottom's Performance
in West Chester, OH |
Very nice, NEW office location for Thoma & Sutton. Dr. Winterbottom is excellent. I walked away from my exam knowing exactly what was wrong with my eyes and how it was going to be managed. One of the best exams I have ever had. The staff was awesome as well. They didn't try to sell me anything, just helped me with what I needed. My family and I will be back. I found my new eye doctor for sure!
DM - I am so happy you had and excellent experience with us. We hope to see you and your family in the future. Dr Winterbottom
Have you seen Dr. Jason Winterbottom, OD?

Visit Dr. Winterbottom

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Winterbottom accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Always Care Benefits
  • Avesis
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
    Worker's Compensation WC
  • National Vision Administrators, LLC
  • Spectera
  • Superior Vision
  • Vision Benefits of America
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)
    Exam Plus