Podiatry  |
Dr. Jason Dickerson, DPM
Dr. Jason Dickerson is the foot and ankle specialist at Heiden Orthopedics. Dr. Dickerson earned his medical degree from California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco. He did his residency at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, California and Kaiser Hospitals in Sacramento, California. Dr. Dickerson is a board certified foot and ankle surgeon who recently joined Heiden Orthopedics. He specializes in the care of treating traumatic foot injuries, sports injuries, ankle sprains and fractures, flat foot, bunion and hammertoe deformities.

2200 Park Ave Bldg D

Park City, UT 84060

• Altius Health Plans
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP)
  • Select Choice Insurance
  • Select Med
  • SelectHealth
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Dickerson

It is very rewarding when I am able to help someone feel better and get back on their feet.

Dr. Dickerson's Experience

Dr. Dickerson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatry

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Utah State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • California College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Scripps Mercy
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Kaiser Permanete
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Dickerson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dickerson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dickerson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dickerson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dickerson to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Dickerson's Performance
in S. L. C. UTAH |
I was suffering for couple year with my left angle. Till I saw Dr. Jason Dickerson. After two - three visits to Doctor Dickerson he knew exactly what to do.!!!! He recommended to go through a procedure. 30 days after I was back again to my natural walk.!!!! Thank you Dr Dickerson.
in Sandy, UT |
If only every doctor was like Dr. Dickerson... caring, personable, upbeat, and knowledegable. He took the time to answer questions and explain the procedure, what to expect, and how to continue care.
I have had a lot of problems with my feet over the last several years. Dr. Dickerson has performed surgery on both feet. He is a superb surgeon and extremely knowledgeable, kind doctor. I never felt pressured to have surgery. He performed other treatments to keep me as comfortable as possible until I was ready.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I recently have a big surgery on my ankle and Dr. Dickerson patiently talked me through what was going to happen more than once and was very kind, encouraging, and caring during the surgery and recovery process. I would recommend him to anyone needing help with foot or ankle problems without hesitation.
in Park City, UT |
Great outcome! Dr. Dickerson provided all the details of my foot surgery clearly and executed on it with great results so far. I had minimal pain post surgery and was given a recovery plan to follow. Only 4 weeks removed and I am walking better than expected. Every day shows improvement. I would recommend Dr. Dickerson for his professionalism and talent for the service I have received.
in Richmond, UT |
Dr. Dickerson was recommended to me as a surgeon after my bunion had become severe. He did a Lapidus Bunionectomy, which is a pretty major surgery. My experience was so positive. Dr. Dickerson is personable, informative, and a very skilled surgeon. I had very little pain, and following his directions, the healing process went very very well. I went from knee scooter to walking boot to a regular walking shoe in eight and half weeks. Thank you Dr. Dickerson. I love my new foot! Margie Christensen
in sandy utah |
He is very attentive
in sandy utah |
Best Dr ever
in Herriman, UT |
Very personable and helpful. Any time I have questions he will personally call me to make sure they're answered!
in Heber City, UT |
Dr. Jason Dickerson performed bunion & hammertoe surgery. I walked with a walker boot immediately following my surgery. He inserted a pain infusion catheter in the area of my surgery (4 days max) and I haven't experience any pain and only minor swelling. Did not use all the syringes or prescription. 4 wks later and I'm wearing my shoes. Dr. Dickerson and his staff were on schedule for appointments and was very professional before, during and after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Dickerson
Salt Lake City, UT |
I have the best doctor I feel no pain. Even after the numbness wore off the only sensation I felt was itching. I never had to take any of the pain meds. that were prescribed. My wife and plan on leaving on our mission as soon as we get clearance from the doctor. Hopefully by next week. Lyle Burkhart
in Midvale UT |
Having gone through several feet surgeries over the years with different doctors, I was very nervous facing another one. My daughter recommended Dr. Dickerson who performed her bunion surgery a few years ago. Dr. Dickerson put me totally at ease and explained what he had to do to straighten my toe that was severely insured during our move back to SaltLake City. I was totally surprised how little pain I experienced. Thank you to you and to your staff who were absolutely superb!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Dickerson was very knowledgeable about the break I had in my foot and recommended putting a screw in to stabilize it. He took the time to explain what to expect. I was concerned about an upcoming vacation and not being able to walk. With the surgery complete and healing time I was able to go on my trip and walk with my regular shoe. Yes, I have extreme confidence in him and would highly recommend him to others. He is extremely friendly and gives you the time you need. Thanks, Dr. Dickerson!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Dickerson has been great. He explained everything about the procedure in detail, and the operation went smoothly. Every question I had was clearly answered. During recovery, I used the pain pump Dr. Dickerson installed, and it eased the recovery by keeping me pain free. The refrigeration unit he prescribed instead of an ice pack made it extremely easy to apply cold to my foot. Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Dickerson.
in Sandy, UT |
I was referred to Dr. Dickerson for a bunionectomy. From the research I had done, I was very concerned about pain. He used a pain pump that directed medication directly into the foot and left your head clear and your foot virtually pain free. I was walking with a boot within 7 days, and 8 weeks post surgery ready for travel and hiking again. Dr. Dickerson, Lindsey and office staff are all friendly and very helpful. They take great care of their patients!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I was impressed when I first went in to see Dr. Dickerson. I had broken my fibula on Christmas day, and even with the usual backlog after a holiday weekend, he was able to work me right after I called in. When I went for my first appointment, I was surprised that there was no typical "wait time" that I have become accustomed to when visiting a doctor's office. I was seen within about 5 minutes of entering the office. Dr. Dickerson looked at my x-ray's from the ER and showed me why he recomme
in Salt Lake City |
Not likely, the Doctor only partially diagnosed my husband. When we later saw another Doctor we were able to get a better diagnosis. He was polite but not thorough.
in Sandy, UT |
I have had both feet operated on by Dr. Dickerson and have had great success with both. I was referred to him by a friend and have referred him to my friends. They are a friendly and professional staff.
in Riverton, Utah |
I had surgery on my ankle and Dr. Dickerson told me what to expect and answered all my questions before the surgery and on the follow up appointments. I had a short recovery period with very little pain. They have a great staff and Lindsey is easy to get in touch with if you have insurance questions. I have recommended Dr. Dickerson to family and friends for years and they are patients of his as well. I highly recommend Dr. Dickerson.
in Draper, Utah |
Dr. Dickerson and Lindsey were amazing!!! One of the best doctors office visits that I have had for any practice. Not only are they competent and took great care of my issue that I was being seen for, but they were friendly and had a great sense of humor. Every once in awhile you are lucky enough to see a doctor that you wish could be your doctor for everything!! Kudos to Dr. Dickerson, Lindsey and staff. I will recommend their office any chance that I get!!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Jason Dickerson was very straight forward, professional and we felt comfortable having him take care of the surgery for our son. We were happy with the diagnosis, surgery, follow-up and the end result.
salt lake city, ut |
I went to Jason about a bunionectomy that I obviously don't know how to spell. I had heard from everyone who had this procedure done that it was the WORST pain and long recovery. However, Jason inserts a catheter right into the area of the surgery and sends you home with syringes that you can inject Lidacaine (can't spell that either) directly into the surgical area and you have NO pain...none. I was in a regular shoe after four weeks on each foot. Don't wait to have this done.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Dickerson is very knowledgable, he listens, he explains things, and is very kind. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
in Midway, UT |
I could have not asked for a greater surgeon. On time, overtime, you have an appointment. The pain block they use was AMAZING. I could not have asked for a better surgery, with all the people that said it was the worse. Don't believe them, you are just going to the wrong doctor. Thank you for I great experience.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
As a dance teacher, my feet take a punishment daily. After suffering for months with Plantar Fasciitis, I finally went in to see Dr. Dickerson. He was thorough in his examination and prescribe a treatment that worked brilliantly and exactly as he said it would and exactly in the time frame that he quoted.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have had a great experience with Dr.Dickerson, he was always honest and told me what to expect, got me in and out of the office in a timely manner. Always gave clear instruction for my foot care, what to do and what not to do. It was a good experience all the way from the receptionist to the nurses and the Doctor him self. I will use him again next year for the same thing different foot. Scott Winn
in Sandy, Ut |
Dr. Dickerson has been so wonderful to work with. He performed surgery on both feet of my son and everything turned out great.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Very efficient staff. Bunion surgery with minimal pain!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Dickerson was very patient and answered all my questions with a smile. He's confident and understanding. Highly recommended.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My experience with Dr. Dickerson was excellent. He took the time to explain the process of my surgery. After my surgery he didn't leave me hanging. I saw him every two weeks (without co-pay) until I had healed enough to be released from his care. He always had a smile and was happy to see his "favorite patient". I'm sure he said that to all of his patients. I recommended him to my daughter. She really likes him also.
in Midvale, UT |
Prior to seeing Dr. Dickerson I had been to several doctors. He pretty much was my last hope. He operated on my Achilles heel and it turned out wonderful. He is so kind and interested in everything. He knows his "stuff". I honestly thought I would have to live with the pain the rest of my life. He completely shot that down. I would recommend him to anyone who has feet problems. He is awesome!!!
in Grantsville |
Dr. Dickerson is the VERY BEST in every regard..... Super staff. No complaints at all. The catheter for numbing medication was great.
Thank you for your outstanding review! I love to hear feedback from patients.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Dickerson listened and answered all my questions for my foot condition. He gave me very objective advice and wasn't quick to suggest surgery as a solution. I really feel as he has the best interest of me and every patient at heart. I would recommend him to anyone!
Thank you, Sarah. It is so nice to be valued by my patients. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Appointment was easy to set up, minimal wait time. Dr. Dickerson was helpful and clear in his communication. He quickly assessed my problem and took care of it in the office, resulting in elimination of nearly 100% of my discomfort. Would definitely see again and recommend.
in Cottonwood Heights City, UT |
Been my favorite for ten years!! Did one foot 10 years ago, and now the other.
in Herriman, UT |
When I had foot surgery on May 23 for my bunion and 2nd toe everyone told how painful bunion surgery was. During the surgery Dr. Dickerson installed a catheter that I could pump in pain killers right into my foot. It was WONDERFUL! I had very little pain because of this awesome little tube and what little pain I did have I could manage with Ibuprofen. The catheter was so easy use. Anyone who asked about my surgery I told them about the pain catheter and how it made my recovery so pain free!
in Mendoza |
Dr. Dickerson does NOT know what he is doing. If I could give him ZERO stars I would. the only reason he is easy to get into is because he's not a good doctor and no one should see him. EVER!
Salt lake city |
Dr Dickerson was friendly and professional. He took the time to answer my questions hear exactly my concerns then explained information and options clearly in a way I could understand. He not only knows podiatry but has an amazing bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr Dickerson to family and friends.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I've been dealing foot pain for almost 2yrs and told that there wasn't anything that could be done. I decided to try again. I saw Dr. Dickerson and he found a problem with my feet and the procedure was a long shot, but it worked! It's been 6 weeks and my right foot feels better than ever. My job requires me to be on my feet all day. I'm so glad I decided to go with his advise, he has changed everything for me. The staff is great as well as his assistants, friendly and understanding. Thank you!
in Draper, UT |
I have had 2 bunionectomies with Dr. Dickerson both with great result. I was very worried about the pain and recovery with these surgeries but Dr. Dickerson supplies a pain pump after surgery that injected numbing medication directly into the sight of surgery which reduced the need for oral pain meds which I don't tolerate well. Dr. Dickerson was readily available and was very thorough in explaining the surgery and recovery.
Have you seen Dr. Jason Dickerson, DPM?

Visit Dr. Dickerson