Janice Smith, LMFT

Janice Smith, LMFT

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female
Janice Smith, LMFT is a marriage & family therapist in Round Rock, TX. She specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

2201 Double Creek Dr Ste 2004

Round Rock, TX 78664

Learn about Janice Smith

Janice Smith's bio

This content was provided by Janice Smith "I became a Marriage & Family therapist because I had wanted someone to come alongside when I and my family were going through some very painful issues. I wanted to provide that acceptance, support, perspective and information to other individuals and couples. I wanted to help others find a way through and out of their emotional pain. I work from the perspective of acceptance, acknowledging that you are the expert in knowing what you have been through and that you want something to be different. It's my job then to come alongside and provide support and information to help you discover what will work for you, what you want (tougher question than most think), and help you find ways to achieve that life you're looking for. I help you with the past and the present, primarily to help you get to the future that has been out of reach. We will find ways to deal with the past and build your future. And we'll work on ways to deal with the pain you're experiencing today. I help you "get back up" when life has knocked you down. The idea is to get where you want to go, feel better as quickly as we can. Your goal isn't to spend your life coming to see me, it's to get to where you don't need me anymore. Sometimes that takes only a few sessions, sometimes a longer time. But you and I will work from that perspective and I will often ask you what you feel you need as far as frequency of sessions, etc. When you have a broken leg you use crutches to help you walk, until you don't need them anymore. Then you put them aside and practice walking again without them. Sometimes you need a little help occasionally, sometimes you don't. Let's get you living and loving your life, whatever that looks like for you! "

This content was provided by Janice Smith "We will work from accepting who and where you are today, looking to who and where you want to be tomorrow.

You bring the expertise in your life lived so far. My job is to help with gaining perspective, information and support in order for you to move through your past and present, to your future.

That means not only talking but learning new tools to help with coping, growing and being."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Christian Counseling
  • Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Group Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Relationship Counseling

Janice Smith does not have any board certifications listed.

• Affairs and Infidelity
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Emotional Stress
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Narrative Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)

• University Of Northwestern-St Paul
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • Nexus Recovery Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Capella University
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Janice Smith has no awards or honors listed.

Janice Smith has no media or publications listed.

Janice Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Janice Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Janice Smith's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Janice Smith?

How was your experience with Janice Smith?