Contact provider for availability

Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW

Social Work ·  Female

Janet Hirsch-Chimino
21 Central Blvd Merrick, NY 11566

Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW is a social worker in Merrick, NY. She specializes in social work and clinical social work.

Janet Hirsch-Chimino accepts

Janet Hirsch-Chimino accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New York

Janet Hirsch-Chimino?
Janet Hirsch-Chimino's Performance
What People Say About Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW
Recent
I have recommended Janet to a friend and would do so again. Janet is very knowledgeable and excellent at keeping the conversation going from session to session. Janet has given me the tools and resources, such as books, to continue improving myself and how communicate with others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?
I met Janet when I was 20 & a mess. I had no self-worth & was on a path of self-destruction. With Janet's kind, non-judgmental support & guidance I was able to overcome my emotional & psychological challenges. Fast forward 30 years.... I have returned to counseling to manage the challenges of raising a teenager. Again, I have been met with Janet's kind, non-judgmental support & guidance along with her, now, decades of experience. Janet is a skilled therapist. I am fortunate to work with her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?
Asking for help was never an easy choice for me. Shame was the paralyzing reason. I knew I had to if I wanted to be healthy. Janet immediately made me feel safe, comfortable and at ease with opening up enough to begin the process of dealing and healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?
When I came to Janet I was only 19 and about to start my sophomore year in college. I was suffering from severe PTSD, causing panic attacks and thoughts which spun in circles. I had been to four therapists before Janet who offered no relief. Janet suggested EMDR, and together we worked to completely eliminate my symptoms. She provided me with helpful tools & tricks to manage my daily stressors and anxiety. I credit her extensive knowledge in PTSD and EMDR for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?
Janet is one of the best!! Janet has helped me through many situations in my life and just recently, we did a treatment called EMDR, which I felt like I was "stuck" from situations in my past that were causing me to have PTSD....Janet was wonderful through this process and I trusted her completely to help guide me through this, which was not easy at all to drudge up the past. I can honestly say this has changed my life!!! Janet is so caring and I don't know where I would be without her!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?
Janet has a way of helping you figure things out that is not contrived or forced. She asks thought provoking questions and helps me look at things differently. She really challenges me to find the source of the issue and works with me to resolve the conflict. Her style is one of exploration whether its through describing feelings to reflecting on feelings to challenging my feelings. She has helped me greatly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?
Janet Hirsch-Chimino is a true asset in my life. Her office is very serene which sets an atmosphere that makes you feel safe & secure. She has opened my eyes to find strengths within myself that I never knew & how to walk through my fears, while always reminding me that it was I alone that did the work; she just showed me the tools. I am a healthier person because of her help & have referred 4 friends to her in the past who say the same about her. I don't suffer in silence & fear anymore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Janet Hirsch-Chimino, MSW?

How was your experience with Janet Hirsch-Chimino?

Compare Providers