Contact provider for availability

Dr. James Shafer, PHD

Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Shafer
6 Venture Ste 350 Irvine, CA 92618

Dr. James Shafer, PHD is a psychologist in Irvine, CA. He specializes in psychology.

Dr. Shafer accepts

Dr. Shafer accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Shafer treats your condition or procedure

• Psychology

Dr. Shafer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shafer

Dr. Shafer?
Dr. Shafer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Shafer, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Shafer has helped me through some immensely difficult decisions in my life, and he continues to support me throughout the next steps. He doesn't just quietly listen like many therapists, but actively offers thoughts and input that he encourages you to question and make your own decisions. I would recommend him to anyone. His availability is not the best, but his scheduling system makes it very easy to find when he is available and make an appointment. He has always been available when needed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer really cares about his patients. He brings vast knowledge and experience into his sessions. He excels at helping to identify clear problems to be solved and clear goals to be achieved while offering a wide array of techniques to help move toward those goals. He provides highly individualized treatment in partnership with the people he helps. He is an outstanding psychologist and excellent therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer helped me through the toughest time of my life as I was going through a divorce from a toxic person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He helped guide me out of a scared, confused and depressed state to a beautiful state of clarity, confidence and peace. I embrace his approach to psychology, which combines transcendental meditation and cognitive behavioral therapy. His presence, demeanor and genuine care sets him apart. I am very thankful for our paths crossing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer has had such a positive effect on my life. He is very smart, genuine, professional, and very easy to talk to. I am so glad I didn't give up after my first terrible experience with another psychologist. The actual psychologist makes a world of difference!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Jim is about the most outstanding counselor I've ever worked with. I'm forever grateful to the progress I've seen since working with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer's client -centered approach is infused with sincerity and empathy, allowing his clients to achieve their counseling objectives and a deep sense of inner peace. My life, thanks to Dr Shafer, has, at 57, at long last become meaningful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer is an amazing therapist. I have been seeing him for years for various reasons and he has helped me immensely. I have seen a few therapists before him and I couldn't have been luckier to have come across him on my insurance list, because he is the absolute best! I recommend him to everyone I know. I could never thank him enough for all he has done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer has helped me tremendously over the past few months of working with him. I was nervous about seeking treatment for my anxiety and depression but Dr. Shafer immediately made me feel comfortable. He's so easy to talk to and he really does care about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Shafer, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shafer?

Compare Providers