Dr. James McLelland, DC

Dr. James McLelland, DC

Chiropractic  ·
Male
Dr. James McLelland, DC is a chiropractor in Henrico, VA and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1995 and specializes in chiropractic, chiropractic sports medicine, and more.Read his story

3037 Lauderdale Dr

Henrico, VA 23233

• Anthem Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. McLelland

Dr. McLelland's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McLelland "I grew up in El Paso, Texas. Playing competitive golf from early childhood through college. My interest in Chiropractic developed from observing my father seeking help for symptoms related to a condition called neurofibromatosis. This condition has severe painfull symptoms throughout the neuromusculoskeletal system of the body. Although Chiropractic care is not a "treatment" for neurofibromatosis, he experienced significant releif from the pain associated with it when he visited a chiropractor. This sparked my curiosity and desire to understand why this helped him so much. During graduate school at Palmer, I was assigned my first "real" patient during our clinic rotations. Apparently, no other intern wanted him, so he was given to me. Turns out, this patient was the Chief of surgery and ER at Mercy Hospital in Davenport Iowa. He also ran the community support program in the state of Iowa at the time for Multiple Sclerosis Dr. Samuel Williams D.O. The reason no other intern wanted him was because of his reputation. He absolutely hated Chiropractors and said it often, and the only reason he was in the clinic was because his wife Nyla was forcing him to come in. Dr. Williams was suffering from Multiple Sclerosis and suffered severe headaches related to it for years, it was getting worse. Dr. Williams was what many would consider to be a real "a.....h...". Dr. Williams was very intimidating! Dr. Williams experienced the most significant relief from his headaches under my care than he had for years. He was so excited about this, he started to take me with himn to his MS support groups to answer questions for other patients. He also wrote a letter to the National MS society recomending that they list Chiropractic as an adjunct treatment for MS patient to help deal with the symptoms of MS. He was subsequently asked to resign, and he did. Dr. Williams became the most significant mentor in my professional life. He has since passed away. "

This content was provided by Dr. McLelland "A Primary Spinal Care Physician Specializing with the Integration of Chiropractic and Physical Medicine.

Every patient that comes in has a story and expectation regarding care.  We focus on trying to understand what it is exactly the patient want's from us.

Three categories of patients present.  Pain management, spinal health improvement (conditioning) or maintenance.

We honor patient goals and encourage them to learn how their spine works, why it may be "misbehaving" and empower them to take control of its health to whatever degree they wish.

The best thing we can do for a patient is not necessarily treat them, but help them learn how to take care of themselves."

• Chiropractic
  • Chiropractic Rehabilitation
  • Chiropractic Spinal Decompression Therapy
  • Chiropractic Sports Medicine
  • Physical Therapy

Dr. McLelland does not have any board certifications listed.

• Chiropractic Adjustment
  • Pain Management
  • Spinal Decompression
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Western Texas College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. McLelland has no awards or honors listed.

• American Chiropractic Association, Member
  • Unified Virginia Chiropractic Association, Member

Dr. McLelland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McLelland to family and friends

Dr. McLelland's Performance

Dr. McLelland has been exceptional - he has been so thorough and he and his staff are so friendly, it's such a great place to visit. I came at the end of the summer with mid-back pain and it's now mid-October and I am pain-free. I appreciate Dr. McLelland so much!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
A major improvement in my back pain and general health.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. McLelland has been extremely helpful and informative on my back pain. The entire staff have been outstanding.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Came with lower back issues. I'm making progress but still not where I want to be. I'll be continuing with the treatment until I get there! Thanks!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have recommended Dr. McLelland to many people over the years. I walked into his office with back and shoulder pain and after an evaluation and adjustment, I felt better immediately. My treatment continued once a week for 6 weeks and the difference is amazing. I rarely, if ever have neck and...more
Are you Dr. McLelland?