Dr. James Kapetanakos, DOM

AcupunctureMaleAge 55

Dr. Kapetanakos

Community Natural Health & Acupuncture

2005 E Greenville St Ste 107 Anderson, SC 29621

Dr. James Kapetanakos, DOM is a Acupuncturist in Anderson, SC and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Iicm medical school in 1996. He is affiliated with AnMed Health Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kapetanakos to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Good Nurse Communication
    Patients said they had good communication with nurses. See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

• Stress Management
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wrist Pain

Dr. Kapetanakos accepts

Dr. Kapetanakos accepts the following insurance:

Tricare

Dr. Kapetanakos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kapetanakos

Dr. Kapetanakos
I was referred to Dr. K for nerve pain that was shooting down the right side of my arm from just behind right shoulder from my general practicitioner. I had never had acupuncture before so I was uncertain. I was extremely pleased with the treatment, bedside manner, and efficiency of the practice! I thought I'd be a porcupine lying facedown for an hour but it ended up being a combination of deep tissue massage, adjustments, and deep tissue massage. After two visits (!) I was feeling back to normal. I came for a follow-up (visit 3) and Dr. K said if I was feeling fine, no need for additional treatment, which I appreciated. Super happy with the pricing, treatment, and the Dr. himself.
Dustin Fleetwood – Apr 13, 2021
Dr. Kapetanakos has helped relieve pain in my back, and helped to alleviate headaches. I would recommend him over going to a chiropractor any day! He seems very knowledgeable; and I am grateful to have found him.
Rhonda – Apr 06, 2021
Dr. Jim is fantastic!! He is kind, thoughtful and skilled. He has helped my family and friends with headaches, sciatica, frozen shoulder, nicotine addiction, joint pain and much, much more! I have recommended at least 12 people to him and every single one was pleased with the result.
Marty – Dec 17, 2020
First met Dr. Kapetanakas 20 years ago for smoking cessation. My friend needed pain relief for her dog in final stages of cancer, Dr. Kapetanakas used acupuncture and was able to provide a humane, less painful final stages for the dying dog. More recently I have experienced excruciating arthritic pain and, once again Dr. Kapetanakas provided almost immediate relief from the pain. Thanks Dr. Kapetanakas for improving the quality of life for me and others!
Jan – Mar 10, 2020
Dr. Kapetanakos is absolutely the best in the business! I had a problem with an old injury with my wrist and after my initial visit with him I was astounded with the immediate results. I highly recommend him and do quite often!
May 13, 2019
Great bedside manner! Dr Jim makes you feel at ease about his therapy method. He greatly relieved the debilitating pain in my lower back and shoulder with just one treatment. I was able to walk out of his office standing upright where I had not been able to before I got there. I wish I lived closer so I could visit him for regular treatments.
Apr 10, 2019
Dr. Jim, is an amazing doctor and I would and have recommended him. He helped me so much with pain issues in my back and legs that other doctors did not understand and is great with helping reduce stress issues in the body. I am so blessed to have found his practice and he has made such a difference in my life.
Tammy in Pendleton, SC – Feb 22, 2018
Dr kapetanakos has been treating me since 2013. I suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage in 2001 that left me with a substantial amount of tone and tightness from the paralysis on my left side. Within a few months I was able to straighten my left arm which had not been possible for 13 years. He has great alternatives to pain medication and I have referred many people to him. He is not only a fantastic acupuncturist he is just a great guy!
Sabrina K Klein in Anderson SC – Dec 14, 2017
Dr. Kapetanakos has successfully treated a painful Morton's Neuroma in my right foot which persisted for over a year. I've never been to an acupuncturist, but decided to try it as a last ditch effort before considering foot surgery. After the first treatment, 80% of the pain was gone, and I'm happy to say has completely disappeared after several more treatments. Dr. Jim has also fixed my sciatic nerve, and painful tennis elbow problem.Results speak for themselves. Friendly dr; listens well, too.
CF Morrison in Anderson, SC – Sep 28, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Kapetanakos?

• Acupuncture