Dr. James Carpenter, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Carpenter
727 Eastowne Dr Ste 300B Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Dr. James Carpenter, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Chapel Hill, NC. He specializes in clinical psychology.

Dr. Carpenter accepts

Dr. Carpenter accepts the following insurance:

Medicare

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check if Dr. Carpenter treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Carpenter's conditions and procedures:

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Spiritual Problems

Provider takes an eclectic approach to treatment, calling on many different theories and techniques as they are pertinent to a particular person or couple. His core training could be characterized as psychodynamic and existential, along with gestalt therapy, group dynamics and cognitive-behavioral techniques.

• Clinical Psychology

1996
Langley Porter Neuropsychiatric Institute (University Of California Medical School)
1970
Ohio State University
1963
Duke University
1996
1970
1963

• Fellow American Academy of Clinical Psychology, 1980
  • Diplomate in Clinical Psychology, American Board of Professional Psycholoogy, 1979

Dr. Carpenter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Carpenter

4.5

Dr. Carpenter?
Dr. Carpenter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. James Carpenter, PHD
Recent
I have been a patient of Dr. Carpenters for several years, seeing him for issues related to family and work. I have been impressed at how well he listens and that he remembers things I shared years earlier in our sessions. I know my life is better not just for me but for other family members who he has also met with. I am a social worker and I have recommended him to several friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Carpenter, PHD?
I have been Dr. Carpenter’s patient for a few years. He helped me through a time of grief and supported me as I rebuilt my life. With his help we identified areas that were holding me back and not allowing me to move forward. He used talk therapy and often suggested resources and techniques to help me in addition to our meetings. He is compassionate, practical and knowledgeable in many areas of psychology, and keeps current with what is happening in mental health. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Carpenter, PHD?
During the two years I have been a patient of Dr. James Carpenter, he has helped me to integrate many painful aspects of my life. He has actually saved my life. I will be forever grateful for the gentleness, kindness, understanding and caring he has shown me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Carpenter, PHD?
Dr. Carpenter listens. He is empathetic. He cares about his patients. He helps you find solutions to your problem. Dr Carpenter is not locked into one treatment style. He is always respectful of you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Carpenter, PHD?
Dr. Carpenter has a gracious and thoughtful manner that readily made me feel comfortable in the therapy process. He has a wealth of clinical knowledge that eases the way for processing painful experiences and past and current challenges. I have found him to be compassionate and keen in his observations and his communications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. James Carpenter, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carpenter?