Jakota Herring, LCSW-C

Jakota Herring, LCSW-C

Individual Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Jakota Herring, LCSW-C is an individual counselor in Delmar, MD. She specializes in individual counseling, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.Read her story

8481 Northumberland Dr

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Magellan Health Services

Learn about Jakota Herring

Jakota Herring's bio

This content was provided by Jakota Herring "Hello! We all want to just be happy. Unfortunately, happiness is not a constant that can be achieved. Anyone who tells you otherwise might as well also sell you a bottle of snake oil. Life if full of struggle and difficulties. That is the normal condition, despite what TV & the movies suggest. The trick is to really know and accept that fact and then move on to improving your ability to problem solve and weather life's storms. Luckily, we don't have to go it alone. 2 heads are better than one as they say. You maintain you vehicle don't you? Often times, therapy is a matter of going for a personal "tune-up." I can help you master disabling depression that has sapped your energy, motivation and joy in life. I can help you learn how to master anxiety that prevents you from doing those things that you want to be doing. I can help you overcome crippling fears. Together we can figure out what to do when despite parenting the best you can your child has become unmanageable. We will figure out what is maintaining his/her behavior problems and what will be necessary to change in order too turn them around. Don't be the Lone Ranger. As humans we are meant to connect and help each other. I can help you. (I can seek my own help elsewhere.) Jakota"

This content was provided by Jakota Herring "I believe that we operate as a team. I have no right to tell you how to live your life, or to judge you for it.  Regardless of any mistakes you may have made, I will respect you as a person and for having the courage to seek help.

My job is to help you achieve your own goals towards feeling better and in more control of your own life.  I can offer suggestions, teach you new things, but ultimately you are the one who does the work.

I will want to know what you find helpful and unhelpful. If you feel unheard, please tell me if I haven't already asked you!"

• Individual Counseling
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Art Therapy
  • Clinical Social Work
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma

Jakota Herring does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Eastern Michigan University
  • Metropolitan Nashville General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Tennessee
    Other Education | Completed 1987

Jakota Herring has no awards or honors listed.

Jakota Herring has no media or publications listed.

Jakota Herring does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Jakota Herring and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Jakota Herring's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Jakota Herring to family and friends

Jakota Herring's Performance

Jakota Herring Says:
"

I have consistently received very satisfied feedback on client surveys that I have sent out over the years.

"

Jakota is an amazing counselor. When I met her, I was experiencing severe PTSD symptoms due to a traumatic past. Whatever she did worked and I am now doing much better (i.e. less intrusive thoughts and emotional reactions to trauma). Of course, I still have my struggles but I've been able to put...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
She offers an exceptionally comfortable environment, and is overall a great person whose insights have aided me in dealing with my problems in healthy ways.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
She was very helpful in getting me through a difficult time in my life. Very compassionate.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I would highly recommend Jakota. She helped with my situation and I will continue to see her should I need her expertise again.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I started to see Jakota during a very difficult time of my life, dealing with past trauma, relationship issues, etc. She is very patient, diligent and caring. She takes notes and remembers all my details. She is very flexible with scheduling and my unpredictable insurance company! As someone...more
Are you Jakota Herring?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Relationship Counseling