Psychology  |
Female
Dr. Jacqueline Cape, PHD
I'm a clinical psychologist with 25 years of experience. I provide individual therapy with adolescence and adults, couples counseling, and family therapy. As the therapeutic relationship creates the best vehicle for change, I help my clients feel safe, understood, and empowered to explore new ways of being in the world. Whether an individual experiencing anxiety, depression, or life stress; a couple wishing to enhance intimacy or manage conflict more successfully; or an adolescent dealing with sexuality, bullying, or school stress, I work with each to create positive changes in their lives. I tailor therapy to fit my clients needs.

3434 SW Kelly Ave

Portland, OR 97239

• Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Cape

My many years of experience and specific training gives each client the individualized care and help they're coming in for. I approach therapy with a practicality, warmth, and acceptance. My mode of treatment is designed to get you back to living the life you want.

• Psychology
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Geriatric Psychology
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Cape does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University Of California At San Diego
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Mercy Hospital and Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Mercy Hospital and Medical Center In San Diego
  • Psychological Services Center, Berkeley, California
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cape has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cape has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cape does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cape and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cape's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cape to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Cape's Performance
in Portland, OR |
Jacquie has been the most comfortable, open and compassionate therapist I have had the pleasure to work with. The thing I most appreciate is she has clear rules of polite behavior whilst in her consulting room. We are a passionate family and sometimes language can get the better of us. Jacquie is not afraid to rein us back in, teaching us good habits we take home with us. Good and positive communication is all. Thanks Jacquie.
in Portland, OR |
Knowledgeable, insightful, and compassionate--these are the words that describe Dr. Cape. During a time that was difficult for me, she helped me to better understand my situation and make positive changes. I recommend her very highly.
Portland |
I can not say enough positives about Dr. Cape. She is an amazing marital therapist, and without her expertise I do not think my husband and I would be thriving! She was professional, supportive, and made both of us look at our relationship and accept that we were both accountable. She created a safe and nurturing environment that allowed us to actually talk and work through our problems! I cannot say enough about how grateful and lucky we were to have found her!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
At one point in my life Dr. Cape literally helped me to change my life significantly. Her levels of professionalism combined with compassion and knowledge of the Human psyche are unparalleled. I would highly recommend her to anyone!
Portland, OR |
She offered compassionate translations if we struggled to express ourselves and showed analytical ability but she constantly corrected what we said (felt like navigating landmines), we had difficulty getting a word in, there was no allowance for diff. of opinion (she got defensive) and what we said was always morphed into her interpretation (we didn't feel heard). Sessions grew tense and we lost trust in her ability to create a safe place, to truly hear us and to remain objective/professional.
Have you seen Dr. Jacqueline Cape, PHD?
Are you Dr. Cape?