Chiropractic  |
Dr. Ilya Simakovsky, DC
I immigrated to USA in 1977 from St. Petersburg, Russia where I studied to become a pediatrician. Here, I had to go to college again and later Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Logan University in St. Louis, Mo. I went into private practice in 1988 after working for someone and learning my ropes. I love what I do as I love people and enjoy seeing my patients get well. In my spare time I write Children books and poetry and songs. I stay active to take good care of myself and my Family. My 85 year old mother comes every Wednesday to get adjusted, all by herself, from Queens. Come on, lets stay healthy together.

34 W 12th St

New York, NY 10011

• 1199SEIU
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Simakovsky

In 32 years of practice I adopted my methods to people of NEW YORK, where tensions are high and time is short. We find and treat the problems efficiently: patience is not a New York virtue .

We love our patients and treat them with care and compassion. We use hands on chiropractic manual adjustments, muscle release techniques, massage and nutrition. The goal is simple: find the cause of a problem; fix it and get people back to their lives. We do recommend and educate for preventative care as well, but it is always up to a patient how well they want to treat their own bodies.

We use humor and laughter as often as possible and help people understand and accept our treatment proposals.

Health, after all, is all about choices. We help our patients choose wisely.

We care deeply about our children's health. So much could be done to fix future problems for our young ones, like scoliosis for example, or allergies. Please examine your children's spines like you do their teeth.

• Chiropractic
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Pediatric Chiropractic

Dr. Simakovsky does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders
  • Neck Pain
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Sports Injuries
  • Sprain
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Whiplash

• Physical Examination
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Logan College Of Chiropractic
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Queen's U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Logan College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated 1983

Dr. Simakovsky has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Simakovsky has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Simakovsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Simakovsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Simakovsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Simakovsky to family and friends
Dr. Simakovsky's Performance
in New York, NY |
I have been going to Dr Simakovsky for about 2 months now and am amazed at how much better I am feeling. I had been going to a chiropractor for years and had no idea how much better I should have been feeling. From the first treatment I knew his knowledge far surpassed any other chiro I had been too. He has gotten movement out of my neck and spine that I haven't been experiencing in years. He fit me for orthotics which have truly changed my life. My entire body feels in better alignment.
in New York, NY |
Thanks to his care my chronic lower back pain has been alleviated...an excellent healer.
in New York, NY |
I cannot recommend Dr. Simakovsky highly enough. I have suffered from debilitating headaches for 30 years. Not only has he figured out the cause, he has a solution. My headaches have significantly diminished (from 3 to 4 times a month to less than once a month), and I feel unimaginably better. The "before" and "after" is astonishing. Dr. Simakovsky is kind, deeply knowledgeable, and incredibly skilled.
in New York, NY |
I am so fortunate to receive chiropractic treatments from Dr. Simakovsky. I sincerely cannot recommend him enough to everyone. Dr Simakovsky is highly skilled, with many years of practical experience, applies a holistic approach to his treatment, has a very cordial bedside manner, is empathic and even has a great sense of humor. I never have to wait more than a few minutes to be treated and his staff is very friendly. Dr. Simakovsky is among New York's best kept secrets
in Manhatten |
I’m a catering chef in the process of treatment. I feel like a new person after each visit. I also receive Trigger Point Therapy in the office. This is such a wonderful treatment. He is a healer and a miracle worker also very easy to talk too and a complete gem. I highly recommend Dr. Simakovsky Patrice Delcasino
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Simakovsky is the best!
New York, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Simakovsky for several months now. I started out with severe back/neck pain, as I sit at a computer all day, but that has drastically decreased over the last few months. I started out going 4x a week and now I am down to 1x a week. Not only is he a great Doctor, but him and his wife are very friendly.I have recommended two friends to schedule a visit, and I would recommend to anyone, even if you are not sure where your pain is coming from or you just need an adjustment.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Simakovsky and staff are great! They are hospitable, compassionate, and have helped me immensely with my neck and lower back pain. There was a thorough consultation and x-rays that started my pain management therapy. I am many weeks into my treatments and I am feeling significantly better. In addition, I was fitted for custom orthotics which have changed my life! My posture, pain, and gate have all improved as a result. I would highly recommend Dr. Simakovsky.
Long Branch, NJ |
Doctor Simakovsky helped me from the very first visit.I had severe leg and back pain and could barely walk.Doctor reassured me and developed a comprehensive plan of care.I feel much better after each treatment.Thank you Doctor. Eugene K., NJ
in Bronx, NY |
Within just a few weeks, my back and neck have felt so much better. The custom orthotics I received from Dr. Simonovsky have increased my strength and balance and helped my performance in casual sports.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Doctor Simakovsky is very knowledgeable compassionate and caring.He is very skillful.I was suffering with neck pain for many years and after the very first session started to feel much better.Doctor does a comprehensive assessment.He does not only concentrate on one area where you have pain.Doctor explained to me the plan of treatment and use of different modalities.Office staff is very attentive and accommodating.Thank you Doctor Simakovsky.
New York, NY |
I'm in my second week seeing Dr. Simakovsky to address chronic headaches, which are stemming from structural issues and scoliosis. One week in an my headache has subsided substantially. When I went to him I was unable to sleep through the night, have dizzy spells and in chronic pain, despite having see acupuncturists and physical therapists. I'm now able to sleep through the night, and my pain is definitely subsiding.
in New York, NY |
The doctor and staff are very professional and he is very knowledgeable in the latest holistic treatments for neck pain.
Brooklyn, NY |
Simply the best. Aside from being extremely friendly (and pretty funny!), Dr. Simakovsky has been able to relieve me from pain I have been experiencing for 10+ years that no other chiropractor or physical therapist was ever able to properly treat. After my very first visit I felt better than I had in years. It's also very easy to schedule an appointment. They are very accommodating and flexible and the wait time is always minimal.
I am so happy that you are feeling better and quickly. With all the hustles of modern healthcare, this is what make it worthwhile --you just keep getting better!
in New York, NY |
Dr Simakovsky and his staff are wonderful. I had sciatica and was barely able to walk. Dr S prescribed a plan that was holistic in it's approach that delivered a more then positive result. I began my normal routine after one month and now I am in the maintenance phase. I highly recommend Dr Simakosky and staff.
Thank you much, Eric. It is so good to see you walk straight again. You did great as a patient, following the care plan like a champ.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Simakovsky has a wonderful bedside manner and takes the time to explain the root causes of the problems you are having as well as describe his recommended treatment plan. His offices offer massage as well as micro-needling to aid in the healing process, which helped me tremendously. His wife, Raya, who runs the front office is equally as great and they make a great team. Highly recommended.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Simakovsky has helped me immensely in dealing with my back pain. Regular treatment from the Dr. has made me feel better than I have in years. The rest of the staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful as well.
Thank you so much for you comments. Looking forward to see you get well.
in New York, NY |
I've had issues with my neck and lower back all my adult life -- and I'm closing in on 50. I work hard to stay in shape, which keeps the real flare ups at bay, but I'd lost so much mobility. Dr. Simakovsky has been terrific. He takes the time to explain what's going on in your body, the approach he will take during appointments, and he continues to update you during visits. A comfortable, homey office in the West Village. I would recommend Dr. Simakovsky to anyone in need of chiropractic care.
Thank you David. I am glad you are feeling better and moving better. It is quite fitting that you are now beginning to feel in harmony with you impeccable style!
I am a new patient of Dr. Simakovsky. In just a few visits, he was able to significantly reduce the discomfort I was feeling. He definitely knows his practice very well and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Thank you Alex. I am so glad to be able to help a young man such as yourself to get back to being physically active and not being afraid to get injured again.
in Peekskill, NY |
I am a new patient of Dr. Simakovsky. He has been treating me for a couple of months now for a very bad back problem. I just want to let him know how much his treatment has alleviated my pain. I feel so much better now. I am very grateful for his services. I highly recommend him. He's a treasure!
Monica, I am so honored to be able to help you you, especially as I know it is quite a journey for you now since I closed my Peekskill location and you have to come to my Manhattan practice. I value greatly your trust and loyalty. I am happy to see you doing so well.
in Peekskill, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Simakovsky for years. I've tried numerous chiroprators over the years andis and he is the only chiropractor who knows to release my trigger points and adjust my curve. I suffer from scoliosis and can't imagine what I would do without him. I highly recommend Dr. Simakovsky to anyone who suffers with neck and back issues!!!!
Dear Darcy It has been a pleasure to treat you all this time. I am so happy to be able to help you as I know you have been hurting for long time. I thank you for your trust and loyalty.
in New York, NY |
10 years ago my lower back completely went out, leaving unable to sit and nearly unable to walk. A dance colleague sent me to Dr. Simakovsky, whom she insisted is a "miracle worker". After seeing him for three months, I was able to run, jump, flip, and do all the things I did prior to my injury. He had indeed worked a miracle! Since then, I've gone to him for maintenance. I've always found him to be warm, attentive, and most of all, highly effective. Undoubtedly, he's the best I've seen.
Darien, Thank you for taking time to write this note. It is very gratifying to me to be able to help such a fine performer, such as yourself, to continue to dance and stay active. Stay well!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Simakovsky pays great attention to detail and my personal care. He has treated my issues and I feel 100% better. Amazing.
Thanks Matt for taking time to comment.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Simakovsky cares for his patients' overall well-being and care. I recommend all my friends to him for their chiropractic health needs. He and his staff are friendly, welcoming, and caring.
Thanks Mike. You are a terrific patient and fun to work with.
in New York, NY |
I was seeing another chiropractor for about 8 months prior to moving, with little improvement in the tightness and pain in my neck. I decided to give a new chiropractor a try and found Dr. Simakovsky b/c great reviews. A combination of frequent adjustments + trigger point therapy has left me feeling 10 times better. Though not 100% yet, I would say that there has been at least a 50-70% improvement in the matter of two months, in comparison to almost nothing in 8 months with another chiropractor
We are so happy you are feeling better. You have been a very responsible patient which makes it easier to help you
in Woodcliff Lake, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Simakovsky for many years including the latest frozen shoulder issue. He has been working on my shoulder for close to a year, several times a week, he was very professional and kept me informed and enthusiastic about the treatment. Just like he promised, my shoulder is back in action. A wonderful doctor!!! Cannot say enough good things about him. I still see him for periodic adjustments and massages on a regular basis
in Jersey City, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Simakovsky weekly for 3 years. He is an excellent chiropractor (I've been to 4 over the years), and his office offers massage, acupuncture and trigger point therapy. His office is professional and courteous. Riya, the office manager, keeps the office running efficiently and timely, even as there are multiple appts that have to be managed at one time. Both have been gracious and encouraging to me as a patient and a person, and I couldn't recommend them more highly.
Thank you Heidi your are a joy to work with. And I am glad we are able to help you with your chronic condition
in New York, NY |
Terrible experience, if you value your time, go someplace else, i came to my scheduled appointment, and office manager( boss/ wife of the doctor) told me, she decided to cancel my appointment and give my time to someone else!
Tatyana made this comment in anger because she could not receive massage that day. Well, she was late to her appointment by 1 hour and still demanded the service, despite it being our busiest night and us being completely booked. It's rare that our patients wait more then 10 or 15 min in our office. It is unfortunate that she chose to blame us for her lateness.
in New York, NY |
Dr Simakovsky is the most caring and committed health professional I have ever been to. As a very difficult case, he continued to keep me hopeful that my neck problems would improve and go away. By following the path for recovery he laid out, I have indeed recovered and am forever grateful to him. In addition, his office is run flawlessly. There is never a wait and never a problem booking or changing appointments. An absolute pleasure to get in and out so quickly.
in New York, NY |
I met Dr. Simakovsky through a groupon. I was impressed with his assessment and treatment plan for my health issues. For over two years he has consistently helped me with sciatica, lower back pain, shoulder pain and arthritis. I greatly respect the fact that he is careful with the work he does, and lets you know how you can help yourself as well. One time I was in intense pain, and one session with him relieved it immediately. I was skeptical about chiropractors, but I trust him completely.
New York, NY |
I found him to be very understanding. It meant a lot that he took so much time to explain what was wrong and what he was recommending for treatment. He not only looked at bones and muscles, but also asked about the supplements I take, what I eat. Every visit he follows up and works to help me regain my energy and movement. Within just a few visits, I feel so much better. Pain has diminished and my energy is coming back.
in Queens, NY |
Dr. Symakovsky is always able to go directly to to the sources of my problems. I feel immediate relief after my visits. He is very pleasant and polite as is his lovely wife who works at reception. They are very caring and extremely flexible and always squeeze me in when I have pain. Don't know what I'd do without Dr. S.
Have you seen Dr. Ilya Simakovsky, DC?

Visit Dr. Simakovsky

Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Blue HMO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO