Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD

Telehealth services available

NYC Pupil

4079 Richmond Ave Staten Island, NY 10312

(718) 481-2020

Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD is a Pediatric Optometrist in Staten Island, NY and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Salus University (formerly Pennsylvania College of Optometry) medical school in 2002. She is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Pediatric Optometrists in your area

See similar Pediatric Optometrists in Staten Island

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
    This provider offers telehealth appointments. Schedule an appointment.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev accepts

(718) 481-2020

Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev accepts the following insurance:

Davis Vision

Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev

4.1

Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev?
The best eye doctor on Staten Island Island!!!
Michael – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev is an excellent doctor. Her office is immaculate and the waiting time is short. She is prompt, efficient, and very personable. She is thorough and caring. Her staff is warm, friendly, and competent. For 15 years I traveled to manhattan to the SUNY Optometry and saw the eye doctor who was the Director of Head Trauma Unit. I thought I never would replace her because she was the best. Well, Dr. Gelfond=Polnariev has met my high expectations and I am so happy I found her plus her practice is on Staten Island.
Judy Montanez – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
Recently, Dr.Gelfond found a freckle in the back of my eye that turned out to be a rare form of eye cancer. Because she was so thorough, and caught it so early, it was relatively easy to treat and hadn’t spread past my eye (which would have made it untreatable). In addition to being an overall amazing eye doctor for me and my family, Dr.Gelfond saved my life and I cannot reccomned her more.
Nellie Otter Engle in Brooklyn, NY – Aug 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
I highly recommend Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev. I have used other Optometrists and find her to be the best! My family has been working with Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev for ten years. She is professional, attentive to the patient and demonstrates expertise in everything she does. I love the office staff as well!
Doreen – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
I love Dr.Gelfond, she is amazing. I was wearing a small prescription which still didn't help my eyes and when she examined me she diagnosed me with convergence insufficiency. I did vision therapy for a year and it helped. I am not wearing my glasses at all. I no longer get tired when I read. Extremely grateful.
Megi in Brooklyn, NY – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
I have been seeing Dr. Gelfond for 5 years now, I was referred to her after having visions issues, she accuaretly diagnosed me and placed me in vision therapy which did wonders for my eyes. Dr. Gelfond is a compassionate doctor who hears all of my concerns, she knows how particular I am with my vision and she takes the time to make sure I am happy. Any issues I had she always found a way to squeeze me into her schedule. I trust no one else with my eyes, She goes above & beyond for her patients
Danielle Aylmer in Staten Island, NY – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
I consider myself lucky to have my 7 year old daughter seen by Dr. Gelfond. She diagnosed the right issue from the very beginning and recommended therapy sessions that are actually only provided at cooper clinic. My daughter was suffering convergence insufficiency that delayed her at school. I've witnessed a huge improvement with the sessions, no more headaches, no more redness or tearing or rubbing or itchiness in her eyes. She graduated after 12 sessions and is back to normal, reading at ease.
Sherine in Staten Island, NY – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev is an excellent optometrist that provides thorough exams, she's informative, patient and offers an outstanding service at every visit. As a person that used to work at an optometry office I can recognize what good looks like and she goes above and beyond your typical optometrist.
AV in Staten Island, NY – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?
We have been patients of Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev for over 5 years. She is very professional, experienced and dedicated. She is thorough and takes time with each patient. Prior to becoming her patients, we have been at a couple of other doctors and we had no idea of what a proper eye exam should be like until we met Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev. We highly recommend Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev.
Zeltser Family in Staten Island, NY – Feb 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilana Gelfond-Polnariev, OD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gelfond-Polnariev?

We offer the following services: Pediatric & Adult Comprehensive Eye Exams Functional Visual Exams & Treatment to improve focusing, tracking, & eye-teaming Visual Processing Evaluations & Treatments for impaired visual pathways to enhance learning Measuring & Fitting for Contact Lenses

• Pediatric Optometry
  • Optometry

2003
SUNY Optometry
2002
Lyons VA Med Ctr/RW Johnson Univ Hosp
2002
Salus University (formerly Pennsylvania College of Optometry)

• Lithuanian