Dr. Ian Bier, ND

NaturopathyMale

Dr. Bier

Human Nature Natural Health

155 Borthwick Ave Portsmouth, NH 03801

Dr. Ian Bier, ND is a Naturopath in Portsmouth, NH. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bier to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Naturopaths in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Hampshire

Check if Dr. Bier treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Bier's conditions and procedures:

• Acupuncture
  • Detoxification
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Lyme Disease
  • Manipulation Adjustment of Back and Neck
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Therapeutic Massage

Dr. Bier accepts

Dr. Bier's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bier

Dr. Bier?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (23)
  • Explained conditions well (23)
  • Listened & answered questions (23)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Bier has been the most thoughtful care provider I have ever worked with. He is great about a holistic view of the body, and frequently relies on peer reviewed medical literature to support his recommendations and treatment protocols. The office staff is friendly and helpful. Everyone there is a joy to work with. My case was complex, and I truly believe my survival was greatly enhanced by Dr. Bier’s insight and care. I have since moved 150 miles away, and continue to work with him as my life continues to improve.
Rob Keller – Jun 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
Simply put, I have never received better treatment from a practitioner in my life! And I have been around, battling multiple autoimmune conditions and other chronic health problems for the past ten years. Never have I ever felt so seen and heard by a doctor, and NEVER have I ever been so healed! (To add to the superlatives, never have I been more impressed by a doctor's clinical and holistic knowledge, either. Basically my response to this entire practice is, "Wow. I wish I had found this place sooner. And I wish that everyone I know could come here.) On my first visit, Dr. Bier spent almost three hours with me. It was the most comprehensive and thorough exam I have ever experienced. Dr. Bier does not jump to conclusions nor dismiss symptoms; instead he took me in with curiosity and expertise, and evaluated me as a full person, rather than just a bundle of amorphous symptoms. He created a treatment plan, an entire booklet that covered diet, supplements, labs, and healing treatments th
Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
In 2015 I began seeing Dr. Bier, ND, PhD, FABNO for my overall and naturopathic health care. Prior to 2015, my conventional health care always seemed rushed, detached, and quick to offer up the latest drug for symptom relief — in general, a rather perfunctory experience. By contrast Dr, Bier takes the time to listen, to gather key information, to make well-researched recommendations, and to collaborate with his patient(s), both my father and me, for best possible outcomes. I am so grateful for the wisdom, care, and compassion that Dr. Bier, as well as the members of his team, continues to provide.
Elizabeth G. – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
I came to Dr. Bier after my colon resection operation for early stage 3 colon cancer. I underwent a short chemo treatment but was forced to stop due to severe side-effects. I had diabetes which was managed with medication. Dr. Bier gave me a new diet and a regime of appropriate supplements. He is very knowledgeable and personable and was able to communicate to me the relative benefits of the treatments he had available. The protocol he developed for me has helped to strengthen my immune response and overall health. After one year I am now testing in the normal range for A1C without medication and will soon be diabetes free. My blood work is consistently in the normal range for all functions and my colonoscopy and CT show me to be currently cancer free. I believe that Dr. Bier has made a great contribution to my health. He is also a wonderful person.
Rachel Heinstein – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
I laid out my concerns to Dr. Bier during a phone consult and discovered a doctor that was patient, attentive, brilliant, and who offered me treatment options that weren’t riddled with side effects.    During my first visit we discussed not only my post-surgery treatments, but also my chronic ailments of localized dermatitis, general body aches, seasonal allergies,sleep disruptions and chronic afternoon fatigue. Dr. Bier explained and then outlined in detail a treatment, diet and supplement regime that has changed my overall health. It was astonishing to report at my follow up visit that all these chronic ailments were gone, a visible testament to my treatments, diet modifications, and supplement protocol. Aside from consulting on my post cancer health, Dr. Bier also fit me into his busy schedule to treat me for acute sciatic flare up. He treated me with acupuncture and then sent me home with liniment and a pain solution that helped me tremendously. Thank you, Dr Bier and staff!
DC – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
Dr. Bier has helped me and other family members where other doctors and naturopaths failed. He is very knowledgeable, explains thoroughly and will follow up with you by email whenever you have questions. His broad range of skills and multi-pronged approach to examinations really uncovered underlying issues that he could successfully treat. He offers a free introductory call to discuss his methods - nothing to loose.
Deb G. – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
Dr. Bier has a great breadth of knowledge and helps resolve issues using natural remedies. He is very caring and provides practical advice. He explains everything well in terms that can be easily understood. I highly recommend him!
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
Dr. B is incredible. After YEARS of seeking help for thyroid and adrenal challenges Dr. B really helped me to heal. I travel from VA to see him!
Sera in Charlottesville , VA – Jun 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
The patient-centered, individualized care that we are so grateful to receive at Dr. Bier’s practice is truly unparalleled! Many, many thanks Dr. Bier, Paula, and the HNNH team!
ARLINGTON – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
I just want to thank Dr. Bier for saving my husband's life. If it weren't for Dr. Bier we would of never known that he had a high iron overload (1,500) for a Ferritin level in his body. For the past 3 years my husbands CBC lab work had shown high Hemocrit and Hemocrat levels, something his primary care doctor wasn't concerned with. It turns out that my husband had A-Fib last year, and a stroke this year, possibly a contributing factor to his A-Fib and Stroke. A knowledgeable doctor.
Janet & Robert Wheadon in Raymond, NH – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
Dr. Bier cares enough to insist on what he knows is right. He really wants to help. 11 years ago I was told that I had metastatic cancer. Dr. Bier asked if I had ever actually been tested. I had not. I got the simple CTC blood test, the results were zero. Now, because I did not have metastatic cancer, I could get a surgery to remove two cancerous lymph nodes that had forced me to take radiation treatment,, and anti-androgen meds for 10 years. I got the miracle I'd been praying for for 10 years.
John in Peabody, MA. – Jul 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?
I can not say enough about our experience! We were looking for an alternative to conventional treatment and we have found so much more. Dr. Bier takes time to understand my condition and truly cares about his patients. I feel much more confident moving forward on my path to healing because of him and the incredible staff.
Cara mathews in Cambridge – May 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Bier, ND?

How was your experience with Dr. Bier?

Our ultimate goal is for you to have a thorough understanding of The Unique Individual That Is You. Individualized Constitutional Medicine- Learn to live...Read more

A Naturopathic doctor, Licensed Acupuncturist, PhD in Human Services with a  focus in Therapeutic Nutrition, and a Fellow of the American Board of...Read more

• Naturopathy