Dr. Howard Stone, DPM

Dr. Howard Stone, DPM

Podiatric Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Howard Stone, DPM is a podiatric surgery doctor who practices in Glenview, IL.

2501 Compass Rd Ste 120

Glenview, IL 60026

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Stone

See how frequently Dr. Stone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Sprain
Foot Fracture
high
Foot Conditions
high

Dr. Stone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Podiatric Surgery
  • Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery

Dr. Stone does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Stress Fracture of Foot

• Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Education data for Dr. Stone is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Stone has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stone to family and friends
Dr. Stone's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Stone is an exceptional doctor. He is easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and exceedingly skilled. He has a wonderful bedside manner. He talked to me about my surgery options, explained any pros and cons carefully, answered questions patiently, and helped me make a good decision concerning my surgery. After surgery, I had a couple of questions and he returned my calls immediately, he saw me weekly for the first month, and gave me the kind of care that a doctor would give a family member!
Chicago, IL |
He used to be the top ankle man in Chicago 1997-2009 and he did fantastic work on me during that time. He's probably still excellent, but my recent experience was a big disappointment. He came into all my appointments with a student in tow. Now, I'm for education but my appointments became 95% lecture and 5% direct patient contact. When I asked to see him alone in one appt., he did so but took the minimal time and wasn't his usual friendly self. It made me feel bad for asking for privacy.
in grayslake, il |
I had the worst experience with this doctor. I had a ingrown nail surgery, this doctor treated it as a fun game: he timed it while busy chatting with nurse. My nerves around nail base got damaged and is not growing out as normal. When I complained, he said: "well, you can still walk, right?" Because of the nerve damage, my toe can't function as normal, it rely on my other toes to lead, it now has over-pronation problem, besides an ugly incomplete toe nail. He is my nightmare!
in Gurnee, IL |
There is only one word to describe Dr. Stone - AWESOME! Very professional, knowledgeable, caring and a great congenial personality to boot! What more could one ask for?? On my initial visit with Dr. Stone he took his time to examine, explain diagnosis and what procedures could be done to resolve. In setting the plan in motion he always made sure I understood the procedure and all my questions were answered. I highly recommend Dr. Howard Stone!
Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Stone is a wonderful doctor/surgeon. I had a ganglion cyst on my toe that kept coming back. Dr. Stone needed to remove it and the joint as well as shave down the bone to prevent the problem from returning. My questions before the surgery were all answered. Dr. Stone and the staff at the surgical center were amazing. I was in good hands, and well looked after. My toe healed well after the surgery. I'm back to all physical activities! I Highly recommend Dr. Stone.
in Glenview, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Stone without hesitation. I developed a severe bunion (15 degree +) on my left foot that not only was painful but looked horrific. Dr. Stone performed the corrective procedure flawlessly. There was minimal pain and I was back on my feet resuming normal activity within 5 weeks. To anyone hesitant to have their bunion corrected, I would suggest a consultation with Dr. Stone. He is a skilled surgeon with a great team.
in Round Lake Beach, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Stone. He has helped me walk with no pain at all in my feet. I had very arthritic joints in both feet. He fused together the joints and now I am walking pain free.
in Chicago, IL |
I had one of the worst cases of bunions there is so had Lapidus Bunionectomy surgery on my right foot in July 2015 and my left foot in Oct. Dr. Stone and his entire staff were amazing and made me feel extremely welcome every appointment! Dr. Stone was thorough and took his time with his explanations for next steps to the actual procedure strategy. He took time to make me and my family feel 100% ready and comfortable. He is an expert!! Thank you Dr. Stone for giving me two beautiful feet!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Howard Stone, DPM?
Are you Dr. Stone?