Dr. Herzel Yerushalmi, PHD

Dr. Herzel Yerushalmi, PHD

Counseling  ·
Male
Dr. Herzel Yerushalmi, PHD is a counselor in Jersey City, NJ and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Tel Aviv University / Sackler Faculty Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in counseling, school counseling, and more.Read his story

121 Newark Ave Ste 503

Jersey City, NJ 07302

• Managed Care (Non-HMO)

Learn about Dr. Yerushalmi

Dr. Yerushalmi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yerushalmi "I have been in practice for 35 years. I have a Ph.D degree in clinical psychology. My practice focused on helping to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of adolescents and their families, couples and adults. Having lived in 3 continents made me aware of cultural variations and themes. I am a published author of a book and have written many articles. I have taught, supervised and consulted generations of therapists and counselors. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. We are all being simply much more human than otherwise, I work with people not patients. A person is a playwright of her/his own life story. Sometimes very powerful and at times violent events, gender issues, class exploitation, racial, religious, workplace, a new family and interpersonal forces impact our life and divert its flow.An understanding, listening, thoughtful and experienced counselor can help restore balance, make sense of what is happening and help lead a better and fulfilling life. Human beings are relationship oriented. From very early on and all along the course of our life we search for relationships. Therapy is a relationship, an interpersonal one, and one that bears the potential to be renewing. A new relationship that never happened before, that challenges the boundaries of our self and world perceptions and thus may give birth to new growth experiences. I believe I am, and work hard at being such a person for my clients. I believe in people's strengths and ingenuity. I do not view people a problem to be fixed, a diagnosis or sick person to be cured. My style is attentive yet interactive; empathic, supportive and real; forthright, challenging yet non-judgmental. As an artist and writer I deeply value creative solutions to life situations, and the place of creativity in having more satisfying personal and interpersonal relationships. I am very proud of my latest creation as co-founder of Footprint, a hub for counseling and psychological services in Downtown Jersey City. "

This content was provided by Dr. Yerushalmi "Humanist, biographical, existential and interpersonal psychotherapy."

• Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Play Therapy
  • Relationship Counseling
  • School Counseling

Dr. Yerushalmi does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • New England Educational Institute
    Other Education | Completed 1996

Dr. Yerushalmi has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Yerushalmi has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • Hebrew

Dr. Yerushalmi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yerushalmi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.