Dietetics  |
Female
Heiki Cunningham, RD
My passion for good food probably stems from my early learning and watching my mother cook. Although I was growing up at a time where fast food and convenience style eating was in vogue, my mother cooked from scratch. I grew up with breakfast that most commonly consisted of oatmeal that had been slow simmered or homemade waffles with fruit purees instead of syrup. My mother was a master of using whatever we had to create meals and rarely did she use any kind of measuring or weighing but rather she went by feel and smell and taste. Meals were at a table and there was always a family dinner in the evenings. Although I did not appreciate this type of eating as a young person as I look back I realize this foundation paved the way for my appreciation of real food and family meals. As an adult I have seen and experienced not only the enjoyment of food but how it heals and improves quality of daily life. I have seen how food is abused and how it can be used to celebrate and enjoy life. My passion comes from my desire to find a balance between food as fuel and medicine with food as pleasure and comfort. My desire is to bring awareness concerning what we are putting in our bodies and what it means, how it makes us feel and then help find the right balance. In the end this approach allows you to live a healthier and more full life but also allows you to do it in a way that suits your lifestyle and goals instead of mine. As a registered dietitian with over 8 years of experience in the field of nutrition I am dedicated to teaching people the role of food and how eating nutritious foods can be enjoyable and fun. As an athlete who has completed four marathons, three 70.3 distance triathlons, as well as numerous other smaller races I can attest to how important good nutrition is to good performance. It is not just race day nutrition that is important but everyday nutrition that will help you achieve your best performance. Whether you are and athlete or someone who just wants to feel and live better, I can help you discover how good it can get.

apogee therapy center, Grandville, MI

3010 Wilson Ave SW

Grandville, MI 49418

Learn about Heiki Cunningham

In the field of nutrition counseling, education, and clinical nutrition I have learned what does and doesn't work.  One time visits and education that focuses on rules are outdated.  It takes a new approach.

I offer an approach that focuses on how we can work together to achieve and maintain change.  If you are looking for weight management, improved athletic performance, or group education I can help you. Together we will find the best methods for long term success.

I am passionate about living and teaching a balanced and nourished life that focuses on how to achieve what you want starting now.

My approach is real world, dealing with real foods, and how these foods will help you achieve your desired goal.  Together we will combine the science of nutrition with the art of implementation.

• Dietetics

Heiki Cunningham does not have any board certifications listed.

• Gestational Diabetes
  • High Cholesterol
  • Pediatric Obesity

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • Oakland County Health Division
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Heiki Cunningham has no awards or honors listed.

Heiki Cunningham has no media or publications listed.

Heiki Cunningham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Heiki Cunningham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Heiki Cunningham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Heiki Cunningham to family and friends
based on 3 total reviews
Heiki Cunningham's Performance
Have you seen Heiki Cunningham, RD?
Are you Heiki Cunningham?

Visit Heiki Cunningham