Social WorkFemaleAge 71

Heather Williams

1312 18th St Nw Ste 503 Washington, DC 20036

Heather Williams, LICSW is a Social Worker in Washington, DC. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Heather Williams to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Heather Williams treats your condition or procedure

Heather Williams' conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Heather Williams accepts

Heather Williams accepts the following insurance:

Heather Williams' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Heather Williams

3.7

Heather Williams?
  • Wait times (6)
  • Appointment scheduling (5)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
I am a nurse practitioner in the DC area and so I understand that people get along differently with differently providers. I also understand that you have to take reviews you read with a grain of salt. However, I have to say that my appointment with Heather Williams was the worst experience I have ever had with any kind of provider. I made the mistake of making a second appointment even though I didn’t really feel like she was right for me even in the first appointment. In the beginning of the second appointment she started to give me advice that to me didn’t really make sense for the situation we were talking about and when I asked her to explain what she meant by her advice she raised her voice and said “are you kidding me? Are you really so dense that you can’t even follow a normal conversation?” She proceded to tell me that I was way to passive and that I would drive her crazy and that I obviously wasn’t interested in doing any work to fix my issues. I then, for the very first time
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
Heather is one of the best in the industry. I have tried multiple experts throughout the years and she is by far the most compassionate, understanding and intelligent therapist. I appreciate her genuine desire to listen and provide constructive feedback with a real-world approach. Heather takes time to dig into the weeds to help you understand where the root of issues stem from. She does this in such an elegant manner that you don't even realize how interconnected life truly is. World Class!!!
Apr 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
Heather Williams’s manner is abrasive and overall impression is that she is only interested in money. The first thing she told me when i sat down in her chair was « You can pay me now » and she only takes cash (no insurance). I figured as long as she is knowledgeable i can deal with that, but after session 6 she threw her arms up in the air and literally yelled at me, « You are asking too many questions! » At that point i knew she wasn’t someone I could keep seeing. Wish i walked out mid-session
Washington, DC – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
I started seeing Heather about a year ago, shortly after the devastating loss of my father very unexpectedly. She has not only helped me with the process of grief, but she has been extremely supportive and helpful with job stress and changes. She gives very constructive advice that include action to take, and this has been very helpful in learning to better advocate for myself. I would highly recommend Heather as a thoughtful, compassionate therapist.
Kristy in Washington, DC – May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
I have been seeing Heather for 18 months. I came to Heather mentally exhausted and anxiety stricken about my job, dating, and family issues. I was in a rut and miserable. I had an instant connection with Heather and could tell she was very smart and related to my issues right away. Over time, her persistence, and focusing on my negative patterns, my anxiety and daily thinking patterns began to change. It's a work in progress, but I feel more at peace than I have in a very long time.
Arlington – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
I have received countless hours of counseling off/on over the years in various cities from various providers, and Heather is among the best. She's an active and responsive listener. Empathetic and affirming. She offers pointed and insightful observations and suggestions clearly rooted in years of diverse experience. Highly recommend Heather if you're looking for help with strategies to address high stress, anxiety and depression regarding work & life issues.
Washington, DC – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
I am very glad to be able to leave a review because I have gotten exceptional help from Heather. She has helped me focus on solving the real problems I have in my life. She does this with wisdom, with humor, with examples and experiences, and with genuine empathy. I have known a lot of therapists but I have seldom met someone with the direct, personal, solutions-oriented approach she takes. I have found her to be a truly outstanding and exceptional therapist and life guide.
Long-time client in Bethesda – Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
Heather has and continues to be best person to talk to and her approach to examining my personal problems and anxiety is helping me through a very difficult period in my life. She’s an excellent listener and helps me arrive at the truth with interjecting small observations that I might’ve missed, allowing me to find the answer organically. She’s an amazing person and very easy to open up to, I’d highly recommend her to anyone looking to talk about stress/anxiety/coparenting/separation.
WASHINGTON DC – Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?
Truly terrible. Anatagonistic. Sarcastic. She rolled her eyes, and told me: too much storytelling. I asked her opinion about something and she threw her hands up in the air,who cares what I think, she said with an eye rolls. When a therapist had lots of availablity it might because they suck.
Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Heather Williams, LICSW?

How was your experience with Heather Williams?

I believe all of us can use some help at times.  Life brings difficulty and confusion.  My approach is active:  you will not wonder what...Read more

I grew up in Vermont, spent many years in California, and have traveled around the world.

• Social Work